Terrence Samuel Transferring | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Terrence Samuel Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lol. I've known Tim for a number of years now and it's clear that he must have hooked up with PcketknfNiels's ex girlfriend in high school. Move on bro, she was too hot for you anyways.

If you want to put a ton of stock into what a kid who is a total clown says then go for it. Definitely needed to be said that the kid typically has zero clue what he's talking about.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
If you want to put a ton of stock into what a kid who is a total clown says then go for it. Definitely needed to be said that the kid typically has zero clue what he's talking about.

You seem like a really likable fella.

Reaction Score
Somebody send Tim the link to this thread and then him and Niels can exchange haymakers in front of all of us. That's what the boneyard is for!

Reaction Score
Facey is a far better player than Samuel. He hit the wall in the middle of the year like nobody else I've seen, but you'd have to be a fool to deny that he's a UCONN-level guy.

Luckily, we're pretty well stocked with fools.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Samuel was a great teammate and a valuable contributor in spot minutes during our 2014 title run.

He was, however, an unexpectedly lousy ball-handler who can't shoot, and is understandably being recruited over. He could see the writing on the wall with Adams (who would relegate him to the first guard off the bench) and the recruitment of Gibbs (who would relegate him to the second guard off the bench) and Gilbert (who would replace Gibbs).

It's interesting that Samuel and Facey are in basically the exact same position:
- Came in unheralded, during a period of recruiting purgatory
- Played sparsely freshman year (Samuel more so)
- Handed a starting job sophomore year on a less-than-talented roster
- Played poorly and managed to lose that starting job
- Saw long-term threats at their position in 2015 recruits (Adams, Enoch)
- Saw the staff pursue short-term solutions in order to bury them on the bench in 2015-16 (Gibbs, Miller)

Facey is apparently sticking it out, while Samuel wants no part of it.

I thought Facey was a highly regarded 4 star recruit, but I could be mistaken

willie99

Reaction Score
If he's smart the list will include Fairfield, CCSU, Monmouth, Marist, Manhattan and maybe LaSalle

imagine showing up at CCSU with a ring on your finger?

he'll be playing before smaller crowds than the ones watching his summer pickup games

I thought he might choose a notch above for hoops purposes, but academics should be his top priority

willie99

Reaction Score
Revisionist history.

Facey was a 4 star recruit, TSam a 3 star recruit

thanks for making me have to look it up, and proving my memory ain't so bad after all

Reaction Score

thanks for making me have to look it up, and proving my memory ain't so bad after all

I think he might have been agreeing with you, characterizing the other post as revisionist history, maybe.

Of course it couldn't have been expressed much less clearly, so who knows.

willie99

Reaction Score
I think he might have been agreeing with you, characterizing the other post as revisionist history, maybe.

then my apologies, looks like I may have interpreted the typed word incorrectly :)

a lot of that seems to be in the news recently :)

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

You are correct. I'm in the process of an all-nighter so clarity is not going to be one of my strong suits for the next 12 hours or so.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Yes, advising to not take a particular person's opinion seriously based on inside info is indeed something a terrible person would do. Damn me for trying to inform.

You're an atrocious poster who brings no value to this board.

Tim is a respected UConn beat writer for the Daily Campus and many more people know him and trust his credibility than you.

Sorry for trying to inform you.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score

Facey was also the NY State Gatorade POY ... for what that's worth.

Reaction Score
If he's smart the list will include Fairfield, CCSU, Monmouth, Marist, Manhattan and maybe LaSalle
if he's looking for nice campuses Fairfield and Monmouth would be solid choices along with their bball programs... Hard to beat Monmouth on the Jersey shore.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
if he's looking for nice campuses Fairfield and Monmouth would be solid choices along with their bball programs... Hard to beat Monmouth on the Jersey shore.
Monmouth is guido central. Nice campuses are great, but it's just an unbearable place to live if you didn't grow up in Jersey.

Reaction Score
I have to think Manhattan is the best fit. It's still a decent program, but it's enough of a step down that he might still be an impact player there.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There's no reason for Samuel to drop as far as the MAAC.

He'd need the right spot, but he should have better options.

Reaction Score
There's no reason for Samuel to drop as far as the MAAC.

He'd need the right spot, but he should have better options.

That league sucks, but the Jaspers have been a tournament team each of the last two years. As long as Masiello doesn't bail before then, I'd imagine they'd be the favorites to win their league again in '17.

Reaction Score
if he wanted to find a mid major closer to home, both st johns and seton hall are close by.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think the A10 would be a good landing spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom