Terrence Samuel Transferring | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Terrence Samuel Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That league sucks, but the Jaspers have been a tournament team each of the last two years. As long as Masiello doesn't bail before then, I'd imagine they'd be the favorites to win their league again in '17.
Iona is always solid as well. Run and gun team. Shoot a ton of 3's, though.
I think the A10 would be a good landing spot.
Agreed. Honestly, I think URI would be an awesome fit for TSam.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Monmouth is guido central. Nice campuses are great, but it's just an unbearable place to live if you didn't grow up in Jersey.

They'll make him an offer he can't refuse.

Reaction Score
Iona is always solid as well. Run and gun team. Shoot a ton of 3's, though.

Agreed. Honestly, I think URI would be an awesome fit for TSam.
Only problem with that is he would be behind E.C. Matthews and Jared Terrell.

Reaction Score
Only problem with that is he would be behind E.C. Matthews and Jared Terrell.
I think URI is going to have a big year and Matthews will be a big part of that if that's the case. Thus, I think he declares early which opens up a starting guard spot. However that is a big if, so you're right. An unlikely destination.

Reaction Score
You're an atrocious poster who brings no value to this board.

Tim is a respected UConn beat writer for the Daily Campus and many more people know him and trust his credibility than you.

Sorry for trying to inform you.

Feel free to ignore me.

And I've received PM's from a few different people (who I would consider tenured, respected members) that have echoed my sentiment. You've clearly never met or talked to Tim to be drinking the kool-aid like this, and being so uninformed yet continuing to argue is a terrible look.

Anyways, you and everyone else are welcome.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Haven't commented on this thread yet, but I think this is a big loss for UConn, especially if Gibbs doesn't come.

Samuel was never going to be a star but the kid was going to be our back up PG, played solid D, was a decent finisher and you could always count on him to bring it every game.

He stepped up big time in the NCAAT and wouldve loved to see him end up a 4 year Husky. Much like losing Roscoe, this loss stings.

Best of luck wherever Samuel ends up.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That league sucks, but the Jaspers have been a tournament team each of the last two years. As long as Masiello doesn't bail before then, I'd imagine they'd be the favorites to win their league again in '17.

I didn't say the league sucked - I've had season tickets to a MAAC program since high school.

It's good basketball.

But Samuel is a cut above - he'd be perfect in the A10 or CUSA.

(Not URI...Hurley's likely gone before TSam takes the court.)

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Monmouth is guido central. Nice campuses are great, but it's just an unbearable place to live if you didn't grow up in Jersey.
Watch it with the guidos!! He grew up in Brooklyn/Queens so maybe Horsebarn Hill doesn't have the same attraction as the Dirty Jerz!! I grew up in Norwalk and raised my kids in The Jerz and we enjoyed it, but we and I always essentially lived in a suburb of NYC. I used to lecture on the Monmouth campus before the state pumped some money into improving the university system and it was nice then must be really nice now.

Reaction Score
Edward Sargent said:
Watch it with the guidos!! He grew up in Brooklyn/Queens so maybe Horsebarn Hill doesn't have the same attraction as the Dirty Jerz!! I grew up in Norwalk and raised my kids in The Jerz and we enjoyed it, but we and I always essentially lived in a suburb of NYC. I used to lecture on the Monmouth campus before the state pumped some money into improving the university system and it was nice then must be really nice now.

So you are saying that once they pumped some money into Monmouth they didn't have you lecture anymore?

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
So you are saying that once they pumped some money into Monmouth they didn't have you lecture anymore?
Nah I moved up the big house. I am adjunct at the Rutgers School of Public Health. I used to co-lecture at Monmouth with a buddy in a prep course for Cerified Safety Professionals and Certified Industrial Hygienists. The college was small then but nice lecture rooms.

Reaction Score
Nah I moved up the big house. I am adjunct at the Rutgers School of Public Health. I used to co-lecture at Monmouth with a buddy in a prep course for Cerified Safety Professionals and Certified Industrial Hygienists. The college was small then but nice lecture rooms.
FYI, Monmouth is a private school and still small. The state wouldn't really pump money in there (although I'm sure they found a way to get some public funds). College of New Jersey (fka Trenton State) was first to see improvements while Ramapo seems to have taken the biggest step forward in the last 20 years compared to what it was.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
FYI, Monmouth is a private school and still small. The state wouldn't really pump money in there (although I'm sure they found a way to get some public funds). College of New Jersey (fka Trenton State) was first to see improvements while Ramapo seems to have taken the biggest step forward in the last 20 years compared to what it was.
You are correct. I thought the State took it over when it went to a University.

Reaction Score
I didn't say the league sucked - I've had season tickets to a MAAC program since high school.

You must remember Alan Tomidy. Growing up upstate with no cable I watched a ton of red foxes basketball. Was always a Dave Magarity fan.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
If he ends up at UMass I wonder what Cloth Frog's reactions will be.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Today is a great day but man, I wish TSam was staying. He could have a roll on this team similar to that of the National Championship season.
I disagree. I don't think there would be any minutes left for him. Not with a healthy Sam Jr..

Reaction Score
I disagree. I don't think there would be any minutes left for him. Not with a healthy Sam Jr..
I agree he would have had a role and would have been insurance against any injuries there. He is a serviceable guard. Just not one you want running your team for long periods.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I would've trusted T-Sam a hell of a lot more than Sam Jr. with running the offense. SCJ had one good 10-minute stretch of doing so against USF. 10 freaking minutes. He'll be a solid spot-up shooter if he stays healthy, but the SCJ-as-backup PG narrative is purely fictional.

Reaction Score
It would have been the perfect role for him imo. But not the one he wanted.
Ya this is my point exactly. I think it would've been a great role, but I totally respect his decision to go after more playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom