Spring Practice 2016 begins on March 9 ends April 16 w/ Blue White Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Spring Practice 2016 begins on March 9 ends April 16 w/ Blue White Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think Crozier can get a medical hardship waiver unless he suffers another season ending, and even then he would have to meet some other criteria. Tough to wish that on anyone. As it is. he may use his redshirt to regain a year of eligibility.
Wouldn't he have used it last year because of the ACL injury?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Wouldn't he have used it last year because of the ACL injury?
I don't think he redshirted as a frosh. If he was indeed a true sophomore last year, he is now a redshirt sophomore. Had he not gotten injured, he presumably would be a true junior. Alas, the injury allowed for a redshirt and still in line to finish 4 seasons of eligibility in 5 years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't think he redshirted as a frosh. If he was indeed a true sophomore last year, he is now a redshirt sophomore. Had he not gotten injured, he presumably would be a true junior. Alas, the injury allowed for a redshirt and still in line to finish 4 seasons of eligibility in 5 years.

Yup. RS So. Played/started as a frosh.

Reaction Score
It's Here!! The run to December 3rd starts today... wooo hooo!!

RTapZwX.png

Reaction Score
Diaco Gives UConn Football Players A Workout, Advises Moderation During Spring Break (edit updated)
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...ball-spring-practice-0310-20160309-story.html

>>The UConn football program opened spring practice Wednesday morning. The Huskies weren't dressed in full pads, just helmets, shirts, shorts, and cleats.

They will practice again on Friday before taking a week off for spring break. Thirteen practices will remain when the Huskies return, including the April 16 spring game at Rentschler Field (3 p.m.).<<

Husky25

Reaction Score
It's Here!! The run to December 3rd starts today... wooo hooo!!

RTapZwX.png
December 3 seems awfully early for the CFP. The Celebration Bowl isn't even scheduled until the 17th.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Interesting. Cool to see Peart in with first team. Something had to give at our OT spots--just wasn't cutting it. Are we looking to go primarily 3-4 or 4-3 as Diaco continues to implement his system?

Reaction Score
Interesting. Cool to see Peart in with first team. Something had to give at our OT spots--just wasn't cutting it. Are we looking to go primarily 3-4 or 4-3 as Diaco continues to implement his system?

If they are planning on starting a RS frosh to cover Sherrifs blind side then this kid must be the real deal.

Reaction Score
December 3 seems awfully early for the CFP. The Celebration Bowl isn't even scheduled until the 17th.
If they aren't playing on Dec 3rd they won't be playing on New Years Eve/Day. One step at a time.

Husky25

Reaction Score
If they aren't playing on Dec 3rd they won't be playing on New Years Eve/Day. One step at a time.

If they don't win in September, October, or November, then playing on December 3 is moot as well. If you are going to aim high, make it worth your while.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
They mentioned that Diggs, Carrezola, Walsh and Junior Joseph as starting on defense. Walsh and Joseph are ILB and then Zola on the DE/OLB hybrid and Diggs at OLB...interesting. Not that it means much on the first day of spring practice, but it appears that Levenberry hasn't cracked the starting rotation if what Fuller mentioned was true. Either that or Carrezola has transitioned to just being a DE, but he's listed as an LB on the roster

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
They mentioned that Diggs, Carrezola, Walsh and Junior Joseph as starting on defense. Walsh and Joseph are ILB and then Zola on the DE/OLB hybrid and Diggs at OLB...interesting. Not that it means much on the first day of spring practice, but it appears that Levenberry hasn't cracked the starting rotation if what Fuller mentioned was true. Either that or Carrezola has transitioned to just being a DE, but he's listed as an LB on the roster

I my gut says not to read too much into no mention of Levenberry. He's going to play and probably a lot. Its just day 1 of practice. My guess is that a decent rotation gets flowing by Sept at the LB position.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
And as others have said, seems like there is a decent chance the log jam at the LB position breaks with a couple transfers after the spring game. There are a few kids that seem to be buried deep. I like all our LB kids, but we could use that roster space for incoming transfers from other programs. Sign me up for another Graham Stewart at a different position.

Reaction Score

The Carrezola/Stapleton position is a hybrid DE/LB position. You can't easily move either a LB or the other side DE there easily. Levenberry might not have the speed to play Digg's position as the SS LB, which in our system requires a lot of guarding slot receivers. It may be that if Levenberry is going to start he has to beat out either Walsh or Joseph, and even if he's better than them (and who knows if he is) I have no issue with returning starters starting spring practice as the starters until they are beaten out.

Reaction Score
Always a necessary key to success. No major injuries ! Both in spring + pre season camp. Every team will be hit, hopefully we will have the depth and versatility to overcome any injury setbacks. Spring is the time to experiment and find out who can do what + where if needed.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Im so excited to see that Peart and Crozier are with the 1st team. I know it's only Day 1, but its exciting to see it as a possibility.
Agreed. We know that the o-line needs to improve significantly, and doing so will elevate QB and RB play. Peart's presence is huge - hopefully it really strikes a competitive tune in Levy.

Reaction Score
If they don't win in September, October, or November, then playing on December 3 is moot as well. If you are going to aim high, make it worth your while.
I'm a realist and the reality of the situation this year is even if UConn swept the regular season and won their conference championship game their strength of schedule would most likely prohibit them from making a national championship playoff game. Best they can look forward to this year is what Houston was rewarded last year, a bit ticket bowl game. They don't play any ranked teams in their non conference games and the league over all will most likely be slightly weaker than last year with Navy and Temple losing so much to graduation and coaching turnovers. Be happy with a conference championship game. It would be a significant step in the right direction and a lot more realistic than a national playoff game. Maybe in 2017 if the AAC continues to improve over all, Missouri gets a whole lot better as well as Virginia and UConn can put two 10+ win seasons together in a row. Not this year.

Go Huskies!! Beat everyone, get ranked and win your bowl game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Im so excited to see that Peart and Crozier are with the 1st team. I know it's only Day 1, but its exciting to see it as a possibility.
Agreed. We know that the o-line needs to improve significantly, and doing so will elevate QB and RB play. Peart's presence is huge - hopefully it really strikes a competitive tune in Levy.

Above all the competition on the line to earn a spot and keep a spot will be greater than it has in years.

Reaction Score
This is the first year in a while where there is genuine competition at more than 1 spot on the OL. This could possibly mean that we have more than 5 CFB-level OL on the roster for the first time in years.

Can they play together ? Can we coach them up before the season starts ?

I love the possibilities that this time of year bring.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Anyone recall if the media will have daily access to practice? A daily update would be fantastic.

Reaction Score
I want to be the guy that goes to every practice and game hired to protect the Gatorade bucket. Where do I apply for that job? Like this guy:

beeeeeees.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog