Spring Practice 2016 begins on March 9 ends April 16 w/ Blue White Game | The Boneyard

Spring Practice 2016 begins on March 9 ends April 16 w/ Blue White Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
2 months away. I am so beyond ready for this. I wish there was a way to get some obscene number of people to show up. Women's title parade down beautiful Silver Lane?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Can't come soon enough. Get to see UConn players who reshirted this past season plus see the competition at linebacker, defensive line and offensive line especially.

Reaction Score
2 months away. I am so beyond ready for this. I wish there was a way to get some obscene number of people to show up. Women's title parade down beautiful Silver Lane?

I look at it as 22 days until spring camp starts and we get some stories. :D I forget what access the reporters get.

Reaction Score
CAN'T WAIT!!!
snoopy_avatar_by_flo99.gif

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Can't wait to hopefully have some relevant threads back instead of all the usual random crap we get in the off-season.

Also need to stop the obsession over things we can't control, aka Conference Realignment! Unfortunately that's all there is to think about now that it's the off-season

Reaction Score
Can't wait to hopefully have some relevant threads back instead of all the usual random crap we get in the off-season.

Also need to stop the obsession over things we can't control, aka Conference Realignment! Unfortunately that's all there is to think about now that it's the off-season

Could write about how much each player weighs and if they've been winning or not at eating 3 squares a day or.........wait,

Reaction Score
Could contemplate potential match ups in next seasons games for example Navy:
  • Who runs the show for them(potential QB's)
  • Who runs for them(RB)
  • They lose so much on offense what are their options(pun intended) this season
  • How does UConn counter the option and what do they bring on D to clog up the option in the backfield before it ever gets started(which I feel was the Huskies downfall in last years game)

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Really interested to see what E.J. Levenberry brings to the table and how he'll step in for us at OLB. Also looking forward to the competition at safety replacing Andrew Adams. QB and RB depth will be very interesting--will Tyler Davis end up at #2? Which freshman RB will end up in the 3 deep at RB? Is it possible that one of them can even supplant Ron Johnson as the #2 back? It's great that our top concerns this season don't involve asking who the starting QB will be

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Would love to see Beals back there returning punts. Kid is quick and fast and has good hands. Get the playmaker the ball, but let him return it not just catch and release.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Would love to see Beals back there returning punts. Kid is quick and fast and has good hands. Get the playmaker the ball, but let him return it not just catch and release.

Agreed. Also, not this year, but I'd love to see either Dixon or Skanes back there in the future. Dixon had an incredible return in the state playoffs this year

Reaction Score
Hoping for even more offensive improvement.. We were definitely better this past season.. Would be nice to see even more progress...

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Looking fwd to the upcoming camp and then season in 6 months... but I'm still a little confused in regards to transfer/eligibility rules.. Article mentions Levenberry playing 26 games, yet he's a RS Jr. That gives him 2 years to play here... is it because he never redshirted at FSU?

You're not confused K - Played as a freshman and sophomore @ FSU.

Reaction Score
you have to think that this year we will incorporate the PR game. Last year, there was no protection - just a prevent style D (with 10 starters staying in) to prevent a trick play on 4th down by the opponent and a PR all on his own. With the speed we recruited this year and the ever-increasing depth, I am hopeful one of the kids (Skanes, Dixon, RB from FL, etc.) gets a chance to tilt the field in our favor on 4th down (and on kick returns).

Reaction Score
Looks like he played as a true freshman Ktuck:
http://www.seminoles.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209572997

IIRC there folks on here saying that per transfer rules a player loses a year of play automatically because he transferred.. Just want clarification that a redshirt year includes this unless they are immediately eligible to play if they transferr to either FCS or DII (or lower) levels.

Reaction Score
IIRC there folks on here saying that per transfer rules a player loses a year of play automatically because he transferred.. Just want clarification that a redshirt year includes this unless they are immediately eligible to play if they transferr to either FCS or DII (or lower) levels.
You get 5 to play 4 unless you graduate and are a grad school transfer or get a medical hardship (wonder if they may do this for Crozier down the road). If you haven't redshirted nd you transfer you get keep the yr of eligibility (like both Stewart and Levenberry did).

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Wait, so according to Des' article Levenberry is slated to play ILB? I thought he was going to be an OLB and replace Stewart? Looked a little big in the pics from the workout to be playing OLB, so makes sense. I guess now the question is who will replace Stewart...maybe Cam Stapleton?

Reaction Score
Wait, so according to Des' article Levenberry is slated to play ILB? I thought he was going to be an OLB and replace Stewart? Looked a little big in the pics from the workout to be playing OLB, so makes sense. I guess now the question is who will replace Stewart...maybe Cam Stapleton?

I thought so too. Either its a mistake in the article, or Diggs or Stapleton (plays more of a DE though i think) could get a lot of time at OLB.

Good catch on that. I missed it. I still think he will be outside, with J Joseph seeing most of the time at ILB in the 4-3. and maybe both inside in the 3-4

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You get 5 to play 4 unless you graduate and are a grad school transfer or get a medical hardship (wonder if they may do this for Crozier down the road). If you haven't redshirted nd you transfer you get keep the yr of eligibility (like both Stewart and Levenberry did).
I don't think Crozier can get a medical hardship waiver unless he suffers another season ending, and even then he would have to meet some other criteria. Tough to wish that on anyone. As it is. he may use his redshirt to regain a year of eligibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom