SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 48 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We could need a lot of bodies next year, so a Diallo re-classification to 2016 would be huge.

You might be looking at:

Gibbs --> Gilbert
Purvis [probably] --> Diallo (hopefully)
OC --> Jackson (hopefully)
Hamilton [probably] --> Larrier
Miller --> Diarra
Nolan --> Durham
Brimah [possible] --> ??

Not quite a 1-to-1 replacement of skills, but close.

FWIW, I would rather go small than reach on a project center in 2016. I think Brimah is likely to return and, even if he doesn't, Enoch and Durham should be able to hold down the C position. For 2017, Brown is a possibility.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
We could need a lot of bodies next year, so a Diallo re-classification to 2016 would be huge.

You might be looking at:

Gibbs --> Gilbert
Miller --> Diarra
Nolan --> Durham
Brimah [possible] --> ??

FWIW, I would rather go small than reach on a project center in 2016. I think Brimah is likely to return and, even if he doesn't, Enoch and Durham should be able to hold down the C position. For 2017, Brown is a possibility.

Is there any chance of Brown reclassifying?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

You might be looking at:

Gibbs --> Gilbert
Miller --> Diarra
Nolan --> Durham
Brimah [possible] --> ??

If Durham is even ready. I'd rather have that kid do a whole lot of rehab (for both injuries--if it wasn't a reinjury), than rush back early. No problem with a red shirt.

Reaction Score
Draw from anything what you will. It's pretty apparent we aren't done with this recruiting class and we need guards in '16, I trust KO has a plan.

Reaction Score
While we're waiting for Vance to announce, the mention that Hamidou is considering coming to college next year instead of '17 has possibly gotten overlooked (or maybe we are just focusing on one thing at a time, but this seems awfully unlikely). Of course, I'm looking at how this class would look with Vance and Diallo (so doomed to put this on paper) and WOW. No Ben Eaves in this group (nothing personal, just saying they are ALL highly ranked recruits and they would fit together really well just by themselves).

1. Alterique
2. Hamidou
3. Vance
4. Mamadou
4/5. Juwan

Maybe a top center prospect will reclassify and join the party. We could sure use another combo guard as well. Fun to imagine such possibilities!
Isn't Durham 6-9 200 and more a long 3/4 Combo or stretch-4 type player? His game reminded me more Donyell Marshall than anything based on the clips I watched.

I don't think he has the body type to play the 5.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Isn't Durham 6-9 200 and more a long 3/4 Combo or stretch-4 type player? His game reminded me more Donyell Marshall than anything based on the clips I watched.

DM, based only on the video we have seen, it seems to me that Durham is less of a 3/4 than Gabriel and more of an inside player. His weight would limit what he could do as a 5, but I don't think he has shown the outside shooting of a stretch 4 type. I ask those more in the know to correct me if that impression is wrong.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

i thought he's 6'10 200

Reaction Score
Durham will basically be living in the gym the next 6-8 months rehabbing, I highly doubt he will be as skinny as he is now once he gets on campus. He also measured 6'10" in shoes at the USA Basketball training camp in 2013 when he was 15, wouldn't be all that surprising if he added another inch since then, he can play C.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
He's probably 6'11" in shoes rn. These injuries will give him time to strengthen his upper body before he arrives at UConn.

Reaction Score
When I think of tall, lean, skilled big men who can bang I always think of Kevin Garnett. Have not seen enough go Durham's game to make that comparison but I would be thrilled if that was the case. That being said I know this is a Diallo thread...my bad.

Reaction Score
When I think of tall, lean, skilled big men who can bang I always think of Kevin Garnett. Have not seen enough go Durham's game to make that comparison but I would be thrilled if that was the case. That being said I know this is a Diallo thread...my bad.
Any time you try and compare a high school player to a first ballot HOF guy in the NBA it's a bad comparison.

I do appreciate the optimism, but the uconn comparison to Donyell actually seems closer for a change. After 2 acl tears, though it's all a mystery until he steps on the court in a husky uniform

Reaction Score
I hear ya loud and clear. Thanks for not completely destroying my thought process...

Hey Bones, be as optimistic as you like. Durham has shown that he has skills that warrant him being a hybrid type of player. What you might see over time, is that some yarders will compare all our recruits to HOFs and when you think of it how many will pan out that way? But those same yarders that question the comparisons fail to realize that the comparison is to skill set. Some similarities that one might see or hope the player has. Those yarders are taking your comparison or your hope that this player has some of KG's skills as that you are saying he will be as good as KG. I for one don't like to compare someone's game until I compare someone's game. Yeah I'm a hypocrite.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Any time you try and compare a high school player to a first ballot HOF guy in the NBA it's a bad comparison.

I do appreciate the optimism, but the uconn comparison to Donyell actually seems closer for a change. After 2 acl tears, though it's all a mystery until he steps on the court in a husky uniform

It's not like he's saying he's going to be as good as KG. he's simply saying his style of play might resemble Garnetts.

Comps are useful simply to get a feel for what a guy might look like. His style, etc.

Reaction Score
It's not like he's saying he's going to be as good as KG. he's simply saying his style of play might resemble Garnetts.

Comps are useful simply to get a feel for what a guy might look like. His style, etc.
Thanks. I think both you and uchusky32 both hit the nail on the head in terms what I was trying to say. But I do respect the point he was trying to make as well.

Reaction Score

Ya, I didn't mean to have a harsh tone, just pointing out how we sometimes get carried away with comparisons. No real harm in it other than it blows up expectations and then guys get chewed out when they actually step on the court. If he turns into KG2 I'm all for it! It'll be interesting to see how his style of play changes though after the 2 acl tears

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Ya, I didn't mean to have a harsh tone, just pointing out how we sometimes get carried away with comparisons. No real harm in it other than it blows up expectations and then guys get chewed out when they actually step on the court. If he turns into KG2 I'm all for it! It'll be interesting to see how his style of play changes though after the 2 acl tears

Just to note, I've never seen the kid, so I have no idea what he plays like now....nor what he will after 2 acls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom