SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 49 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Obviously he's looking out for his own interests, but that kind of sucks for us. We'll only have 3 guards on the roster next year (4 if purvis decides to stay). And we're not going after any more guards in '16. Still too late to get back in on Bruce brown (rhetorical question)? Better hope someone shakes loose or another Gibbs pops up in the 5th yr transfer market

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It shouldn't surprise anyone - the only place that has consistently had him reclassifying is this board.

For all we know, he might not be able to reclassify.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I have a feeling that if Purvis leaves and the 2 guard spot opens up, Diallo will consider a reclass to '16.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling that if Purvis leaves and the 2 guard spot opens up, Diallo will consider a reclass to '16.

Man I love Purvis as much as the next guy but unless he drastically improves this season and gets some consistency, I think he'll stay. Same goes with Brimah and Hamilton. Going into the season, I think all 3 of them stay another year.

Reaction Score
Man I love Purvis as much as the next guy but unless he drastically improves this season and gets some consistency, I think he'll stay. Same goes with Brimah and Hamilton. Going into the season, I think all 3 of them stay another year.
It's highly unlikely all three will be back. Which player(s) leaves is anyone's guess, but they won't all be back.

Reaction Score

It doesn't really make sense for Purvis to stay. He will have his degree and it's unlikely he inflates his draft stock if he stays an additional year. Worst case scenario Rodney probably makes 6 figures playing in Europe. Doesn't make sense for him to spend another one of his money making years playing college ball. I'd love to have him for another year, but I just think it's unlikely.

Reaction Score
It doesn't really make sense for Purvis to stay. He will have his degree and it's unlikely he inflates his draft stock if he stays an additional year. Worst case scenario Rodney probably makes 6 figures playing in Europe. Doesn't make sense for him to spend another one of his money making years playing college ball. I'd love to have him for another year, but I just think it's unlikely.

Sounds pretty reasonable. Brimah I really think will be back. Hamilton, 51-49 he stays.

Reaction Score

There's a big difference between "will get drafted in the first round" and "will declare for the draft". Purvis is now very old for his year and likely doesn't think another year in college will do much for his draft stock. That has nothing to do with whether we or scouts think he actually has a chance of being a first round pick (as of now, he doesn't).

On the other hand, we could have said the same about Boat before his junior year, and he ended up coming back for his senior year and improving his stock (although it didn't help him in the draft proper, it helped get him a camp invite).

Brimah I think will stay. NBA teams won't be willing to pay for his development, when we can do that development for them.

Hamilton I think will go -- he's fairly polished and will be showcased in this year's offense.

Reaction Score
Sounds pretty reasonable. Brimah I really think will be back. Hamilton, 51-49 he stays.
Huh 51-49 Hamilton stays? More like 75-25 he goes. If he blows up and carries the team like many here believe with multiple skillset. Guys with that talent don't stay more than 2 years even under KO. I think AB is the only unknown but that won't help our lack of guard depth.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I don't think Diallo will leave after this year. Mostly because he won't have arrived yet.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Hasnt Purvis basically said this will be his last yr? He's going to graduate, so I think he'll be gone, unless he really underperforms

Reaction Score
It shouldn't surprise anyone - the only place that has consistently had him reclassifying is this board.

For all we know, he might not be able to reclassify.

^ This... I don't think it has ever been reported anywhere else that Diallo was even considering it.

Reaction Score
I think only Hamilton is 100 % gone. I dont think it hurts Purvis to stay another year if he doesn't have a great year, which I think is 60-40 he will.

Reaction Score
^ This... I don't think it has ever been reported anywhere else that Diallo was even considering it.

Its been reported multiple times that he's been considering the reclassification - his coach has addressed it as well.

Reaction Score
Rodney really enjoys the campus, the school and being in college you can tell. That doesn't mean he will stay if his stock doesn't blow up as $$$'s in Europe at least could be a major factor who knows. That one is 50-50 to me.

DHam, as Crack said, goes if this team flies as we believe they will. His all around game will be on stage to everyone and if he finishes better, improves his FG% from the perimeter and continues to pass and rebound as he did this showcase year will allow him to find a spot in the draft. It's not 100% but of the 3 he is the highest.

AB, well I always get hammered by everyone for this but like it or not it's the truth. He can block all the shots he wants and run the court like a gazelle but if he doesn't improve on his offensive skills around the basket, rebound the ball like he is actually a 6'10 kid and even more important, start thinking the game a lot better, he's staying. He can still be a good player for us without improvement because of what's around him, but if he jumps his skills and mind not only will he prosper but so will this team. He's a 30-70 guy I think to leave.

Reaction Score
Its been reported multiple times that he's been considering the reclassification - his coach has addressed it as well.

Not questioning you, but I couldn't find any info from the coach. The only concrete info I found is that Diallo is on pace to graduate in 2016 and he would consider it; that was almost 5 months ago. Everything after that is just message boards giving it legs.

Reaction Score
Hasnt Purvis basically said this will be his last yr? He's going to graduate, so I think he'll be gone, unless he really underperforms

That is what I read a couple months ago that were posts of quotes attributed to him. He was talking about leaving the team in Adams capable hands. Obviously he could change his mind and stay, but it seemed settled straight from the horses mouth. Might be someplace in the Adams thread. Was written in a publication I believe. Purvis is 95% out the door, Hamilton I would tend to agree with the 75% / 25% likely to go unless the season goes awry, Brimah I think will stay in the end but he would get drafted - I just think he will decide another year will help his chances of making a team. I hadn't thought about Cassell until a poster asked whether he could be a 5th year transfer out and play as a starter somewhere else. I don't see that happening but I hadn't considered it.

If Larrier is penciled in to play possessions at guard in a clutch ball handling situations - yikes. At least Hamilton played point guard in high school in key games. If he did stay, he could play some guard. No way Gilbert isn't starting in the backcourt with Adams next year if Purvis is gone, unless we add a major talent at guard. UConn knew the potential 5th year transfers like Shonn Miller last year at this time, and my guess is that they have a sense of who could be available to play immediately from mid majors, ivies, and low D1 programs. No question we need at least 1 more guard in this recruiting class. Diallo's potential to reclassify I also saw in the press someplace before I saw it here. There are other potential 2017's that can reclassify. As an example, although there is speculation we are not in the thick of it with Tremont Waters, his dad had alluded to that possibility last winter. You never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom