SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 47 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
i remember olander playyed wing on expressions... we missed on a few of their players recentlyy (terrell... abu)... Don't mind targeting makai over tremont ( who i thought was NE playaz guess not)
On 247 composite, they have Makai (#41) just above Tremont (#43) in the rankings, with Makai listed at 100% for UConn and Tremont 66% UConn. Are these rankings way out of date in regard to Waters, at least? Waters was not listed with a Dook offer. Stamford was the other school with a percentage. I would love to see Waters come to UConn...why not take both if Waters has an interest? They seem to complement each other in their style of play, but they would be quite small.

Reaction Score
For some reason I had thought Waters committed to Siberia. I must have been thinking of someone else far less intelligent.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Bear in mind that I know absolutely zip about recruiting, but aren't we out of the Waters sweepstakes?
It looks like he has his heart set on Duke, who haven't offered (and probably won't). We'd be sloppy seconds.

I'm not sure we're still on him - or Samuels - like we were at this time last year. But I haven't heard anything explicit about us not recruiting them, either.

I will say this: the presence of Gilbert probably doesn't help us re: Waters, and the presence of Larrier and hopefully Jackson & Diallo will hurt us re: Samuels.

Reaction Score
The rumor on Waters is that he has no interest in UConn, and, barring a Duke offer, will end up at Stanford.

Reaction Score
Indeed. That said, I want to see how we do with Expressions Elite's new gang:

Pretty sure we haven't landed one of their kids since Olander. I'd love, love love to get Waters & Samuels.

I'd love to nab Tremont, Samuels, and Richards out of there. Not going to happen, but I can dream!

Reaction Score
Good for him good luck to him. Next
To be fair, he would be coming in with Jalen Adams and Alterique on the team with neither being a senior. I'd say point guard wouldn't be the most pressing need for Uconn when Tremont makes his decision. With that said, if Adams blows up and leaves early, I'm sure that'll change the landscape of his recruitment.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Awesome that he's coming to First Night. Hopefully this neon/blacklight thing they're doing this year will look impressive and leave an impression.

When is a reclassification decision made? Is that still a possibility? We have 2 schollys left for 2016, yes? Would love it to be Jackson and Diallo. Although Diallo in 2017 would be a year better.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Awesome that he's coming to First Night. Hopefully this neon/blacklight thing they're doing this year will look impressive and leave an impression.

When is a reclassification decision made? Is that still a possibility? We have 2 schollys left for 2016, yes? Would love it to be Jackson and Diallo. Although Diallo in 2017 would be a year better.
He could wait until May to reclassify if he wanted to. There's really no timetable on it right now.

Reaction Score
From Dom:

Shooting guard Hamidou Diallo, a teammate of Diarra at Putnam Science Academy, who could really complete what is already considered a top five recruiting class, will decide whether to play as a post grad in 2017 or reclassify to 2016. He figures to be among the notable recruits on hand for First Night. Other guests will probably be younger prospects, but this is a moment to show them what UConn basketball is all about. Adams and Enoch were once First Night guests; who’s next?

Reaction Score
I get this and don't really disagree. But one thing we've seen from KO so far is that when he really bonds with a kid - Omar, Facey, Hamilton, Adams - he gets him, and keeps him even when the Louisvilles, Syracuses and UCLAs of the world get involved.

We should all remember that Adams only committed after Louisville offered, so for some kids, it's important to have a few particular invites to the prom before you go with the date you knew you were taking all along.

Let's hope that's what's happening with Diallo.
Actually what happened with Jalen was Louisville offered late and he was miffed. Not saying we wouldn't have signed him anyway but Louisville was too late to the dance.

Reaction Score
Actually what happened with Jalen was Louisville offered late and he was miffed. Not saying we wouldn't have signed him anyway but Louisville was too late to the dance.

That's not what his coach said.

Reaction Score
I remember reading that he was a UConn lean the entire time, but was waiting for validation of his status in the form of other high major offers. That's why after he had the UL offer in addition to a KU offer iirc, he felt comfortable enough to pull the trigger

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
While we're waiting for Vance to announce, the mention that Hamidou is considering coming to college next year instead of '17 has possibly gotten overlooked (or maybe we are just focusing on one thing at a time, but this seems awfully unlikely). Of course, I'm looking at how this class would look with Vance and Diallo (so doomed to put this on paper) and WOW. No Ben Eaves in this group (nothing personal, just saying they are ALL highly ranked recruits and they would fit together really well just by themselves).

1. Alterique
2. Hamidou
3. Vance
4. Mamadou
4/5. Juwan

Maybe a top center prospect will reclassify and join the party. We could sure use another combo guard as well. Fun to imagine such possibilities!

Reaction Score
While we're waiting for Vance to announce, the mention that Hamidou is considering coming to college next year instead of '17 has possibly gotten overlooked (or maybe we are just focusing on one thing at a time, but this seems awfully unlikely). Of course, I'm looking at how this class would look with Vance and Diallo (so doomed to put this on paper) and WOW. No Ben Eaves in this group (nothing personal, just saying they are ALL highly ranked recruits and they would fit together really well just by themselves).

1. Alterique
2. Hamidou
3. Vance
4. Mamadou
4/5. Juwan

Maybe a top center prospect will reclassify and join the party. We could sure use another combo guard as well. Fun to imagine such possibilities!
If Hamidou comes we would be getting a little greedy wanting another center or combo in that class

Reaction Score

1. Alterique
2. Hamidou
3. Vance
4. Mamadou
4/5. Juwan

Diallo switching to '16 definitely hasn't been overlooked. Gets mentioned pretty much every time his name does.

General thought on this board (and amongst some more reputable people) is that he will reclassify so your class is a very real possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom