SG D'Marcus Simonds (Georgia State Commit) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

SG D'Marcus Simonds (Georgia State Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
Good get for Georgia State

This kid has made two very odd choices for his college career. I'm not bashing him at all but this is a top 50-75 kid.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
He tweeted that there will be another surprise commit on May 2nd. Rock Lubin??

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Miss St. and now Georgia State... This is a clear indication of way way sub-par academic standing. There is a reason the "certain" athletes flock to the SEC and no name HBCU's in the south.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Miss St. and now Georgia State... This is a clear indication of way way sub-par academic standing. There is a reason the "certain" athletes flock to the SEC and no name HBCU's in the south.
Stop it. Hunter's a hell of a coach and if the likes of Wichita State & VCU can get 4-stars, why not Georgia State?

Reaction Score
This is the greatest recruiting get for Georgia State in a long time and it will remain so right up to the time that the kid rescinds his commitment.
Ron Hunter getting his son RJ to play for him was a better get, that kid is a stud.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Stop it. Hunter's a hell of a coach and if the likes of Wichita State & VCU can get 4-stars, why not Georgia State?
WSU and VCU do not fit the mold I am referring to.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Don't worry about Georgia State. Coach will get hired away by a bigger school.
Half of these kids just want to ball on the college level without pursuing a serious academic degree. Let them have their day. Too bad he didn't realize he could go to North Carolina.... Oh wait, that scam is up. So, George St....

Reaction Score
So you're implying to know the intelligence of this kid by the choice of school he commits to, man i wish i had those supper powers

Reaction Score
Georgia State isn't a HBCU

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
GSU is nestled directly in downtown Atlanta, I bet this plays a significant role as well....don't underestimate the pull of A-T-L

BUConn10

Reaction Score
So you're implying to know the intelligence of this kid by the choice of school he commits to, man i wish i had those supper powers
Wait, you cant really be that naive? You're saying I cant accurately comment on someone's academic ability (which does not equal intelligence if you all want to get PC about this) because it has nothing to do with the school they attend? Are you dense? What else is the point of the entire admissions process, all the standardized testing, all the GPA's and honors credits being sent to the prospective university for????

Do I know this kid personally or his intentions for choosing GSU? No.
Can I make a fairly accurate estimate to his level of academic ability and focus due to his choices of Miss State and now Georgia State? Absolutely, its the very reason 95% of the time those who go to GSU, didnt get accepted to Georgia Tech.

Reaction Score
Wait, you cant really be that naive? You're saying I cant accurately comment on someone's academic ability (which does not equal intelligence if you all want to get PC about this) because it has nothing to do with the school they attend? Are you dense? What else is the point of the entire admissions process, all the standardized testing, all the GPA's and honors credits being sent to the prospective university for????

Can I make a fairly accurate estimate to his level of academic ability and focus due to his choices of Miss State and now Georgia State? Absolutely, its the very reason 95% of the time those who go to GSU, didnt get accepted to Georgia Tech.

This post is a trainwreck. You're talking about a Division One athlete. To say that his choice of Georgia State allows you to make a "fairly accurate" estimate of academic ability is ridiculous. It's like saying you know that Sean Dockery absolutely crushed his SATs because he ended up at Duke. You're talking about these kids like they're normal college students. God knows why anyone who understands the process would do that.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
This post is a trainwreck. You're talking about a Division One athlete. To say that his choice of Georgia State allows you to make a "fairly accurate" estimate of academic ability is ridiculous. It's like saying you know that Sean Dockery absolutely crushed his SATs because he ended up at Duke. You're talking about these kids like they're normal college students. God knows why anyone who understands the process would do that.
You are basically indirectly proving my very point. D1 college athletes have so many exceptions made for them that even the dumbest brick can play at a school like Michigan or UNC (which they apparently do) if talented enough. So where does you're head have to be for you to end up at Miss State or GSU as a 4 star Top 100 player. Its true top programs turn an eye to lesser academic standing athletes, yet there are sometimes some you cant ignore; see Kuran Iverson, super talented kid with lots of big time interest but eventually all the big names backed off due to his academic standing and he ended up at Memphis, a bastion of higher education.

Reaction Score
you beat me to my comment

Reaction Score

You are embarrassing that other BU guy who I confuse you with.

Reaction Score
If he really was set on playing at a big time school, his list would include his 3 top schools, plus UNLV, Oregon and Memphis and he would cut his list to the latter in December if he didn't qualify. I dont know what his grades are but he has many more opportunities to take the ACT.

Reaction Score
You are basically indirectly proving my very point. D1 college athletes have so many exceptions made for them that even the dumbest brick can play at a school like Michigan or UNC (which they apparently do) if talented enough. So where does you're head have to be for you to end up at Miss State or GSU as a 4 star Top 100 player. Its true top programs turn an eye to lesser academic standing athletes, yet there are sometimes some you cant ignore; see Kuran Iverson, super talented kid with lots of big time interest but eventually all the big names backed off due to his academic standing and he ended up at Memphis, a bastion of higher education.

I think you're missing the point, and it's a pretty simple one: these kids are not normal college students so all your talk about "honors credits" and "guidance counselors" . . . . [jerkoff motion] There are so many potential reasons that a kid might want to go play at a school a half hour from his house (that just played in the NCAA tournament) that saying you now have a pretty good sense of his academics makes you sound silly. That engineering degree from Georgia Tech that is critical to a message board poster might not mean **** to a kid who aspires to make money hooping.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I think you're missing the point, and it's a pretty simple one: these kids are not normal college students so all your talk about "honors credits" and "guidance counselors" . . . . [jerkoff motion] There are so many potential reasons that a kid might want to go play at a school a half hour from his house (that just played in the NCAA tournament) that saying you now have a pretty good sense of his academics makes you sound silly. That engineering degree from Georgia Tech that is critical to a message board poster might not mean **** to a kid who aspires to make money hooping.
Ok Ern, ill bite. Explain to me why you personally think Simonds has decided to effectively waste his collegiate playing career at THE Georgia State University.

*as a disclaimer, I couldn't give two sh1ts about this kid not coming to UConn*

Reaction Score
Ok Ern, ill bite. Explain to me why you personally think Simonds has decided to effectively waste his collegiate playing career at THE Georgia State University.

*as a disclaimer, I couldn't give two sh1ts about this kid not coming to UConn*
How is he wasting his collegiate playing career by going to Georgia State?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom