SG D'Marcus Simonds (Georgia State Commit) | The Boneyard

SG D'Marcus Simonds (Georgia State Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Great write-up 3. Love his size, leaping ability, etc. but hope he plays defense better that Rudy.

Reaction Score
Play of Simonds starts around the 1:55 mark... Lubin also in there briefly

Reaction Score
If an High Schooler says yes, does that mean one less schollie (i.e. guaranteed)? In other words if a coach/team makes many offers is it first come, first serve? Does a college have a right to revoke, if perhaps they have an unfilled position and 'that' positional HS player wants to come? Or once all offers have been accepted then recruiting for that year ends? Lastly do schools continue looking until LOIs are recieved?

Sorry for so many questions, but I always wondered.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If an High Schooler says yes, does that mean one less schollie (i.e. guaranteed)? In other words if a coach/team makes many offers is it first come, first serve? Does a college have a right to revoke, if perhaps they have an unfilled position and 'that' positional HS player wants to come? Or once all offers have been accepted then recruiting for that year ends? Lastly do schools continue looking until LOIs are recieved?

Sorry for so many questions, but I always wondered.
I know it's first come first serve. Ie Ollie

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He says is game is like Rudy's but he seems more like a Ben Gordon scoring combo guard to me. Similar size too.

Reaction Score
There's a little Jeremy Lamb there too from what I see…….looks like a nice player. He's only a sophomore huh? Wow

Reaction Score
Maybe he can grow a few inches and hold true to that Rudy Gay comparison

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There's a little Jeremy Lamb there too from what I see…….looks like a nice player. He's only a sophomore huh? Wow
Wow is my sentiment as well. He has decent height. In the game against Peachtree, (I posted a link if people are interested in seeing Rock and Simonds) it looks like he just had a growth spurt and was getting used to his body. His midrange shooting was incredible in this game. Very much like Rip. He would be a zone buster for sure. He can go left or right and has a decent handle. Not great, but as I stated, I think he just had a growth spurt and is getting used to his new height. Who knows how much he's improved since that game and the game KO offered.

BTW, watching this game again, I came away with a much better impression of Lubin. He still needs to work on his game, but he knows how to box out, has the frame to be effective at boxing out, and has great instincts about how the ball bounces off the rim. He also has great hands. The announcer correctly called him "Mister Windex" for cleaning the glass. Rock was playing against a very tall Peachtree team. Their five had six inches on Rock and they have a forward Rock's height. There is no one else other than Lubin on Buford that is tall. In spite of Peachtree's clear height advantage, Lubin held his own and Peachtree ended up playing most of it's game on the perimeter.

One additional point is that Rock was utilized as a point forward on several half court offensive sets. He actually looks to have the skill set of Tyler in running this type of offense. He' a very good passer. The only reason I see him not being rated higher is that he lacks the footwork to score against bigger opponents near the basket. With great coaching I believe he will be a Jeff A type of player.

Buford doesn't appear to have any bench and Simonds and Lubin have to play most of the game for the team to be effective. They really have to play smart on the defensive end to avoid foul trouble. The coach can't really sub them out for long. So they play measured.

Reaction Score
@TwoSpicee: Will be announcing my college choice on Monday!

Hard to see it not being Florida considering he really wanted an offer from them and got it the other day.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Yeah, seems like Florida. That was quick.

Reaction Score
Thought he was really interested in us? Has he even visited Florida? HS teammate of Rock.

Reaction Score
I remember he was super amped when UConn offered him.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Thought he was really interested in us? Has he even visited Florida? HS teammate of Rock.

Well, he hasn't visited UConn either. I believe he's only visited Mississippi State. I think we have a chance but probably finish second to Florida. He seemed to really want that Florida offer plus he's from the South and is committing just a week or 2 after Florida offered.

Reaction Score
I would love to get him, but I get the feeling that there are other guys in that class that the staff is after a lot harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom