SG D'Marcus Simonds (Georgia State Commit) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

SG D'Marcus Simonds (Georgia State Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
How is he wasting his collegiate playing career by going to Georgia State?
If he's serious about playing professionally, either in the NBA or overseas, he chose the wrong school. If professional play isnt important for him and he'd rather take advantage of the opportunity for a free education, he again chose the wrong school. If he cares more about just being a big shot athlete at a school with fun parties and atmosphere and that wont push him to hard academically, then he chose the RIGHT school in GSU, but that basically confirms my original point about him most likely not being too concerned about school. I dont get why everyone is acting like Im saying something outlandish, its a reality of the system, everyone knows it, im just saying it.

Reaction Score
If he's serious about playing professionally, either in the NBA or overseas, he chose the wrong school. If professional play isnt important for him and he'd rather take advantage of the opportunity for a free education, he again chose the wrong school. If he cares more about just being a big shot athlete at a school with fun parties and atmosphere and that wont push him to hard academically, then he chose the RIGHT school in GSU, but that basically confirms my original point about him most likely not being too concerned about school. I dont get why everyone is acting like Im saying something outlandish, its a reality of the system, everyone knows it, im just saying it.
This whole post is absurd, by the way RJ Hunter declared early for the draft out of Georgia State and is expected to be a first round draft pick.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
This whole post is absurd, by the way RJ Hunter declared early for the draft out of Georgia State and is expected to be a first round draft pick.
If you think RJ's declaring for the draft changes anything I said regarding the ill-informed choice to play at GSU if he is looking professionally, then I dont think you really even know whats going on outside of UConn.

Reaction Score
If you can play the NBA will find you and btw RJ is a projected first round pick from GSU so i don't get your point

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I don't get why people can be so invested in/worked up over a kid who isn't coming here. Is he a cousin of yours?

Let the kid go to school where he wants.

Reaction Score
If you think RJ's declaring for the draft changes anything I said regarding the ill-informed choice to play at GSU if he is looking professionally, then I dont think you really even know whats going on outside of UConn.
Yup that's me, I only watch UConn games.

Reaction Score
Georgia State is a real honest-to-goodness four-year school with a library and degree programs and everything. 25,000 students go there. It's not Stanford, but it's not University of Phoenix or Life College of Chiropractic Sciences either. Heck, they have a pretty good law school, should he redshirt and decide on a fifth year.

But Georgia State is the place where he most wants to play basketball - be it the coach, living in Atlanta, or whatever. It's not really any more complicated than that. There isn't usually a very large academic component to where basketball recruits make their choices, once you get beyond the Ivy/Patriot. That's even true of some of our players - Okafor could have gone to Rice, Stanford or Vandy. He'd have been fine with his UConn degree even if the NBA didn't pan out.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
If you can play the NBA will find you and btw RJ is a projected first round pick from GSU so i don't get your point
Because its nothing more than a feel good story. Scouts and GMs are monitoring GSU games and players. They are not considered a talent pool for NBA players whatsoever. So because the coaches son is going to the draft, then NBA prospects are going to start committing to Georgia State? Stephen Curry went to Davidson and is on top of the world right now, yet Davidson is still getting the same players and putting the same players into the league, none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom