Rio Olympics USA WBB Finalists | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Rio Olympics USA WBB Finalists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, my problem is that there's only one spot for them all to fight over because the veterans' spots are locked in.

I don't like that we treat USAB like the Supreme Court in that spots only open up upon an existing member's retirement.

Should be more like the House. Every two years, each member is re-evaluated and has to re-earn their spot.

The analogy breaks down once you start considering gerrymandering but you get my point, I'm sure.

Last time a team was being formed I went head-to-head with uconncat of Skylar vs Sims- - I was wrong cat was right. Sims made the team. So at one time I was in your corner. I also wondered about players such as Bird and Catchings. If I recall Catchings didn't play - but Bird did. And Sims played a little and Stewie played a little. . .

All I can tell you is actually watching the game, Bird definitely "belonged." Stewie and Sims were overmatched. I thought the games were very physical. I began thinking how Skylar would play, the more I think about it, she wouldn't have been as good. Those guards drive inside, they don't call fouls as much- the game is very physical. So while you give a bit of a knock on some of the older players, at least imo - some of the older players know how to handle/play the physical game better than the superior athlete.

I respect Diggins and McBride's games big time as well as lloyd. McBride would be a wonderful addition. I don't think Lloyd gets in for 2016. The other two are both one spot away imo. SO it looks like you're going to be pretty upset unless they bup Whelan.

**** And for the two posters who don't think that Taurasi should play or isn't a lock. Really? C'mon, really? Are you out of your minds?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Catch is going to be in Storrs for the camp. She just got married Feb 10th, could still be on honeymoon.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Catch is going to be in Storrs for the camp. She just got married Feb 10th, could still be on honeymoon.

Very happy for Catch! Somehow I missed this newsbite (her wedding).

Many happy returns to Tamika and Parnell :)

LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01