Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She's from Philly, coached at my older Daughter's HS. She would understand.
Thats cool. I coached Niele Iveys son in football and went to school with Skylar Diggins parents and played basketball with her dad. Iv know her since she was a kid. Still talk to her on occasion. Im very proud of her.

Reaction Score
Not sure why you guys think your favored to win it after this year. You have Stevens we have Turner, You have Camara we have Boley. Both our players are better in my opinion. We have everyone back but Allen. If Walker or Westbrook come to N. D. how can you be favored to win it ?

I would take Stevens over Turner and of course, we also have Lou....but as mentioned by others - given talent that is close, Geno will win over any other coach.

Reaction Score
Geno and staff do not need the #1 recruiting class to win a NC! If we were to lose out on Walker I have high hope that Geno will get a UCONN type player that they will turn into an asset on a NC run!
While other coaches, The Muffett, Brenda "Lockerroom" Frese, J. P. McCallie, Kim Mulkey, etal need to have and may get #1 classes, their Finish Line stats aren't nearly as successful as UCONN!
Some BONEYARDERS would insist that when UCONN has won a NC they have had a #1 player on the roster, I still say they take less talented players and make them better to join the #1 player on the road to the Championship!

Reaction Score
"Coach McGraw said to me that Notre Dame is the best place to accomplish my dreams and goals." Only if her dreams and goals DON'T include being the best player you can be, win a NC or be the best prepared for post college BB career.

"I would study business, to learn how to further build my brand (MKW)." What to say? Of course! More about me than team.

She had the cheese stuffed chicken breast at Ruth Chris ... would not be my first choice, but I forgive her. Scarily terse interview.

Now, only one little sentence we all need to hear: "I have decided to play ball for/at _______"

Like another guy who rarely agrees with me, I am pretty indifferent to this decision.

Reaction Score
Very interesting response to the question of how the coaching style can benefit you as a player. IMO, no comparison to UConn.

BobbyJ- - - Yes I agree, I thought that ?+Response was interesting to say the least!

QUESTION: What is one thing McGraw said that really stuck out to you during your visit?

ANSWER: Coach McGraw said to me that Notre Dame is the best place to accomplish my dreams and goals.

Not if MW's goals are to win an NCAA NC, or be a 1st to 4th pick in the WNBA Draft, or be one of the top players in the WNBA, or win World BB Championships or Olympic Championships!

Reaction Score
I would take Stevens over Turner and of course, we also have Lou....but as mentioned by others - given talent that is close, Geno will win over any other coach.
I haven't heard Stevens have to explain away her lack of agressiveness in important games. Understandable as a freshman, but a top performer as a sophomore shouldn't.

Fanmomma

UCONN WBB ALL DAY
Reaction Score
In the other interviews MW mentioned pursuing an education that helped/served others - i.e. kinesiology, criminology or sports management (or combining them so that she could give back). But in the ND interview she mentioned Business and building her brand. Just thought it was interesting. She could do both - build a brand and reach out of course its been done, but that stood in my mind. Anyway it may be nothing...

Reaction Score
It is stressful (and fun, in a way) to sweat out MW's decision, but is she really worth all these mood swings? I am sure she is a fine player. I have never seen her, only the snippets and highlight tapes online. From those, she doesn't look mindboggingly better than lots of other great high school players to me.

Reaction Score
Went on the Notre dame board and they all feel very confident in the next few days both will verbal. They also said all 3 coaches flew to Oregon Monday just a day after the official visit to see Westbrook again makes u think there really pushing for her to verbel. Maybe they think Westbrook isn't a done deal yet and couldn't close the deal a day earlier while she was on campus. Do they think if they land Westbrook they land Walker?? Why the big trip to Oregon the next day and not swing by Virginia to meet with walker again?? Unless walker already committed and Westbrook is on the fence... Or could be they know Megan isn't coming so there pushing hard to get Westbrook??? All this recruiting is so confusing so many turns u just never know.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
There are a lot of guards at Notre Dame, but Walker isn't an ordinary recruit. She'll earn her minutes whenever she goes. Could that be a factor though? Absolutely.

Notre Dame's best selling point is that they've been on the cusp for the last 6 years but haven't had that "it" player come through yet. Muffett has done an amazing job with less heralded recruits and players develop very nicely at Notre Dame. Walker is the last piece to the puzzle to put them over the top and make ND the power hours in women's basketball. There she could be remembered as the best player in the history of the program, where realistically at Connecticut that isn't going to happen, so the legacy factor doesn't have the same potential.

I would not count how Connecticut, they have a knack for landing number one recruits in the country, and more specifically stand out number one recruits. The only true "it" player who went to another program in the last decade was Griner.

If her and Westbrook commit, Notre Dame is going to be scary good going forward.

Reaction Score
One of the more incredible sentences I ever read. Let me see if comprehend correctly-EDD chose UCONN over TN because TN had 4 people at EDD's position?
Meanwhile at UCONN all EDD would have to do is beat out this baller named Maya Moore. Good luck with that!
The quote is directly from EDD. If you don't believe it, look it up or contact her and she will verify.

Reaction Score
Well, I think those four national titles had quite a bit to do with the class of 2012, no? That class surely was #1.
One of the rare occasions, yes. TxA&M was #2, RU #3, and TN #5; didn't help any of those teams much. ND was #4; another Top 5 recruiting class, 5/5 straight years, no NCs.

It's not the Talent, it is what you do with what you get.

Reaction Score
What happened to A'ja? Final Four in her freshman year and 1st Team All-America in her sophomore year? Sure it's no 4 national titles, a la Stewie, but it's not much of a cautionary tale either.
Aja said the 1st thing she did was circle Uconn on her schedule freshman year and she got spanked. Sophmore year they not only got spanked by Uconn but lose to Syracuse in S16. All 3 Connecticut players were better than her. IMO so were Brionnan Jones and Azura Stevens and that is just. She still has trouble shooting past 10 feet. Wow she led them to SEC Champioships but cant win the big game. Sometimes their rep.from high school carries them in college and imo thats what happened here.

Reaction Score
While we're waiting....I was looking at the roster for the ND women for 2016-2017. They have a very strange listing for their coaching staff:

Coaches
Muffet McGraw - Karen and Kevin Keyes Head Women's Basketball Coach
Carol Owens - Associate Head Coach
Beth Cunningham - Associate Coach
Niele Ivey - Associate Coach/Recruiting Coordinator
Katie Capps - Director of Basketball Operations
Erica Williamson - Video Coordinator
Sharla Lewis - Special Events Coordinator

Can anyone shed some light as to why Karen & Kevin Keyes are also listed as head coaches? Who are they?, and why are they co-head coaches? Can one of you Notre Dame fans help me out here? :eek:
Did they donate the money for her salary. 5 million dollars

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
In the other interviews MW mentioned pursuing an education that helped/served others - i.e. kinesiology, criminology or sports management (or combining them so that she could give back). But in the ND interview she mentioned Business and building her brand. Just thought it was interesting. She could do both - build a brand and reach out of course its been done, but that stood in my mind. Anyway it may be nothing...
I agree with you and also noted the stark contrast of My Brand @ ND vs Helping Others @Uconn . I don't think it was nothing because "My anything" does not fit with the UCONN DNA of team first.

Reaction Score
Not sure why you guys think your favored to win it after this year. You have Stevens we have Turner, You have Camara we have Boley. Both our players are better in my opinion. We have everyone back but Allen. If Walker or Westbrook come to N. D. how can you be favored to win it ?
This year ND should be favored but not in any way is Turner better than Stevens. She has no shot beyond 5 feet and dont blame the shoulder. AS is the total package and that is after playing for McCallie. Imo POY in 2018!

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I don't think so, My Grandma has better shoes that those off brand Payless pumps Muffet be wearing!
The five fingers she holding up is not the play that's for $5.99.
32089b8e-b27f-11e5-841c-f30024784eef-1020x1349.jpg

LOL I really like the direction this thread is going in.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Went on the Notre dame board and they all feel very confident in the next few days both will verbal. They also said all 3 coaches flew to Oregon Monday just a day after the official visit to see Westbrook again makes u think there really pushing for her to verbel. Maybe they think Westbrook isn't a done deal yet and couldn't close the deal a day earlier while she was on campus. Do they think if they land Westbrook they land Walker?? Why the big trip to Oregon the next day and not swing by Virginia to meet with walker again?? Unless walker already committed and Westbrook is on the fence... Or could be they know Megan isn't coming so there pushing hard to get Westbrook??? All this recruiting is so confusing so many turns u just never know.

Megan may verbal any moment from now.. But Westbrook isn't going to verbal for another few weeks. She has Maryland and SC to visit still and her mom is very adamant about visiting all of her options.

Reaction Score
The hysteria is reaching a fevered pitch. FWIW. MW has pictures up of her weekend's visit to ND.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom