Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's certainly a bit on the "pessimistic" side, at least as it pertains to Ms Walker.....I really hope that he is wrong but that his bad call will not cause him much disappointment...if he's right I guess he can crow for days.......
I will be crowing for days u can bet on that!! I'm completely happy trust me just stating the facts and saving all u boneyarders from a meltdown!!!

Reaction Score

1. Meg W. ‏@iball_crzy 10m10 minutes ago
  2. 3rd & final official visit this past weekend with the University Of Notre Dame
    1f340.png
    #GoIrish
  3. CtUpaoHUkAA2ZGF.jpg

Reaction Score
I will be crowing for days u can bet on that!! I'm completely happy trust me just stating the facts and saving all u boneyarders from a meltdown!!!
Facts or opinions?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It's basically naming rights to the head coach's position. Think FedEx Orange Bowl or the Werth Family Champions Center. For the right price, ND would probably let you rename Touchdown Jesus.

Some how "Touchdown Carnac" doesn't have the same ring to it.

Reaction Score
UCONN had the greatest class in NCAA history. The only team that really had a shot at a NC during that class's time at UCONN was Baylor when those players were freshmen.

Baylor had a ridiculously talented team in 2012. And they lost in the S16. Some might say that the 1998 UConn HS class, not 2012, was the best. And while the 2012 class may have become the best class by the time they graduated they weren't considered that in 2012 when they were freshmen. While Stewart was the unquestioned top recruit, Jefferson had her detractors who pointed out that she had failed to make a USA team and played in a pretty weak home-schooled league. And Tuck was "damaged goods" who had very risky micro-fracture surgery on her knee. Many thought she would never be effective again.

There is a common idea among UConn's opponents that their success is due simply to recruiting. Of course they have no explanation as to why Duke sucks, or why Tenn goes 6-12 in the SEC with a roster filled with McDAA's. UConn's greatness would be impossible without talented players but without the hard work, their sacrifice of personal records and the system they play that talent wouldn't have half the rings they have won.

Easily the best recruit in recent years that UConn lost was EDD. In 2008, in what would have been her freshman year, UConn lost in a national semi-final game. They won the next 2 titles. So stop with this obsessing over recruits who most of you have never seen play except in highlight tapes and snips of HS games. UConn's success has never been dependent on signing specific recruits but rather in signing recruits that fit. Many of the star players that go elsewhere decide that they aren't willing to make the sacrifices that UConn demands. Others are in love with football and sign with a school with a big time program. Another group wants the contacts and career networks of Duke, Notre Dame, Stanford and a couple of others. But the single biggest reason recruits pick schools is the coach. And UConn has the best.

UConn has a lot of talented players and will sign more. There's no need to obsess over any one recruit.

Reaction Score

Facts? :rolleyes:
I'm not sure what "facts" you are talking about. What I read is that Walker is 100% for Notre Dame because she failed to post twits about her trip since going home. Have you done a study of recruits who do this? If so I'd love to read your results. If not you are just speculating like the rest.

Reaction Score
Facts? :rolleyes:
I'm not sure what "facts" you are talking about. What I read is that Walker is 100% for Notre Dame because she failed to post twits about her trip since going home. Have you done a study of recruits who do this? If so I'd love to read your results. If not you are just speculating like the rest.
Free country to have a opinion or disagree!! I don't know Megan or anyone for that matter I'm stating my opinion and nothing more. I'm I'm wrong I will eat my words if I'm right I say told u so and we all move on!!

Reaction Score
Actually I'm quite happy but thank u for your concern!!!

Not sure about happy, more like high on something. For someone who constantly claims that MW will go to ND (and she may well will), why in the world would you start a thread about stalking her twitter page and basically moan and groan that she is not updating anything after her ND visit is beyond me.

Reaction Score
Megan should know with 3 transfers, KLS, Kia, Gabby, Napheesa and Crystall, UConn is in the top to win 2017-18 NC. If she doesn't care to win NC then she can choice either ND or Taxes.

See what happened to A'ja and Mercedes.
Not sure why you guys think your favored to win it after this year. You have Stevens we have Turner, You have Camara we have Boley. Both our players are better in my opinion. We have everyone back but Allen. If Walker or Westbrook come to N. D. how can you be favored to win it ?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

"Coach McGraw said to me that Notre Dame is the best place to accomplish my dreams and goals."

"I would study business, to learn how to further build my brand (MKW)." What to say?

She had the cheese stuffed chicken breast at Ruth Chris ... would not be my first choice, but I forgive her. Scarily terse interview.

Now, only one little sentence we all need to hear: "I have decided to play ball for/at _______"

Like another guy who rarely agrees with me, I am pretty indifferent to this decision.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think Walker goes to U Conn and Westbrook stays on the West Coast. Walker has been to U Conn like 3 times. She has showed the most interest in them. Also N.D. is loaded at guard. I cant see her beating out Mabrey or Ogunbawale and maybe not even Young . Patberg was a Mcdonalds All American as well and will be in the mix. Texas seams to be getting momentum as well. She could start right away there. Trust me i hope im wrong. But U Conn has the bigs and N.D. has the guards. Why would she go to a school loaded at her position when she could go to a school that has the other pieces and if she plays shooting guard she will be the missing piece. Not to mention all the success they have had. The only way i see her playing first year at N. D. is if N,D. goes with a 3 guard offense. She is not a true point guard nor is Mabrey or Ogunbawale. Patberg will probably take Allens spot and she would have to beat out the other 2 or 1 if they go with 3 guards . She is good but they will have 2 years under their belt in the offense which gives them a major advantage. I hate to say it but N.D. would be option 3 of the schools if i was her. The only thing that might land her is coach Ivy . But she could take a head coaching job at any time. I hope im wrong.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not sure why you guys think your favored to win it after this year. You have Stevens we have Turner, You have Camara we have Boley. Both our players are better in my opinion. We have everyone back but Allen. If Walker or Westbrook come to N. D. how can you be favored to win it ?
We have Geno you have Muffett!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think Walker goes to U Conn and Westbrook stays on the West Coast. Walker has been to U Conn like 3 times. She has showed the most interest in them. Also N.D. is loaded at guard. I cant see her beating out Mabrey or Ogunbawale and maybe not even Young . Patberg was a Mcdonalds All American as well and will be in the mix. Texas seams to be getting momentum as well. She could start right away there. Trust me i hope im wrong. But U Conn has the bigs and N.D. has the guards. Why would she go to a school loaded at her position when she could go to a school that has the other pieces and if she plays shooting guard she will be the missing piece. Not to mention all the success they have had. The only way i see her playing first year at N. D. is if N,D. goes with a 3 guard offense. She is not a true point guard nor is Mabrey or Ogunbawale. Patberg will probably take Allens spot and she would have to beat out the other 2 or 1 if they go with 3 guards . She is good but they will have 2 years under their belt in the offense which gives them a major advantage. I hate to say it but N.D. would be option 3 of the schools if i was her. The only thing that might land her is coach Ivy . But she could take a head coaching job at any time. I hope im wrong.
I definitely don't & won't trust you. I do hope you are right but I already know you are wrong. ND does not have a player on the roster that going to get in the way of Megan's playing time.

Reaction Score
Well, she plays club ball for the Philadelphia Belles, which is run/owned by Mike Flynn , who owns BlueStar Media girls basketball report, right? If that is accurate, it won't surprise me if Mike Flynn breaks the news of her verbal commitment.
Probably on ESPN 2 . Thats the big thing for top recruits these days.

Reaction Score
"Coach McGraw said to me that Notre Dame is the best place to accomplish my dreams and goals."

"I would study business, to learn how to further build my brand (MKW)." What to say?

She had the cheese stuffed chicken breast at Ruth Chris ... would not be my first choice, but I forgive her. Scarily terse interview.

Now, only one little sentence we all need to hear: "I have decided to play ball for/at _______"

Like another guy who rarely agrees with me, I am pretty indifferent to this decision.
They do have good food. I was a Chef there . Ruth Chris is the best restaurant in the area. Over priced. Skylar Diggins is all about building her brand. Im sure she could give her some pointers.

Reaction Score
I don't think so, My Grandma has better shoes that those off brand Payless pumps Muffet be wearing!
Be nice. She is my buddy. Always talks to me at the store and Library. Women loves to read. She can let Walker borrow them so she can click her heels 3 times and say . Theres No Place Like N.D.

Reaction Score
I for one thing am not a Twitter fan. Never understood it I'm more of a Facebook kind of guy. I did notice her visits to Texas and UCONN were all over her Twitter page after each visit with several pictures over her weekend visits. The fact she's been back almost 24 hours from her Notre Dame visit and nothing is even remotely posted. Kids love to post there daily lives it's the social media world we live in today. Why on earth would she not even post a single comment or a single pic of her weekend trip to the Irish! If that's not all the writing on the wall we all need then I must be missing something. My guess is she has made up her mind and she will end up at Notre Dame. No reason to not post anything means she's waiting to contact uconn and Texas of her decision and by tonight it will be announced all Irish on her page. To bad was really hoping to have her in a uconn uni. Hopefully I'm wrong but she's very active on her Twitter page so I find it bizzare nothing mentioned at all about Notre Dame. That's no fluke.... Hopefully I'm wrong!!
You just set the board on fire. Thanks for giving people something to talk about. I hope your right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom