Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
200w.gif

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Question........Who do you think will be the first BY'er to report Walker's decision after she announces it? My money is on JavaMan or Orangutan. Those two are the Boneyard's "ACE" reporters. :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, 5 out of 6 pixs on whatever that home page thing is for Walker are UConn pixs. Biut that is probably 'cuz she's seen this overwrought worrying by UConn fans and it's just pity posting! I think she should wait 'til the spring sign up, 'cuz that worked so well for A'ja ... or not.

Reaction Score

Thanks but I don't need that pressure!!!!................really depends on my work schedule, wife/daughter's schedules and when the young lady in question decides to put all of us loons out of our misery...................!!!
Actually very curious to see exactly how she makes the announcement..................MW in her school uniform (sorry Geno)?...................a giant Husky?..................a dancing Leprechaun? ..................MW riding a bull?
So many choices!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Megan may think that she is better than anything that UCONN already has or will have and that she can take another team to a championship. If she goes to ND I would not count them out of the NC running next season and neither should anyone else, especially if she and Westbrook go as a pair.
Well if she has that cocky attitude she most definitely is not uconn material. She hasn't played a single college game. High School ball is nothing compared to what she will face in college. If Megan thinks she's better then uconn and any player on the roster I say let her go. But I don't think Megan has that kind of attitude she seems to be thinking it through. At the end of the day it's her life and it really doesn't matter .... She is going to go where she wants and whatever reason it is ... Its hers.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Thanks but I don't need that pressure!!!!......really depends on my work schedule, wife/daughter's schedules and when the young lady in question decides to put all of us loons out of our misery....!!!
Actually very curious to see exactly how she makes the announcement...MW in her school uniform (sorry Geno)?....a giant Husky?...a dancing Leprechaun? ...MW riding a bull?
So many choices!!!!!!!!!
Well, she plays club ball for the Philadelphia Belles, which is run/owned by Mike Flynn , who owns BlueStar Media girls basketball report, right? If that is accurate, it won't surprise me if Mike Flynn breaks the news of her verbal commitment.

Reaction Score
While we're waiting....I was looking at the roster for the ND women for 2016-2017. They have a very strange listing for their coaching staff:

Coaches
Muffet McGraw - Karen and Kevin Keyes Head Women's Basketball Coach
Carol Owens - Associate Head Coach
Beth Cunningham - Associate Coach
Niele Ivey - Associate Coach/Recruiting Coordinator
Katie Capps - Director of Basketball Operations
Erica Williamson - Video Coordinator
Sharla Lewis - Special Events Coordinator

Can anyone shed some light as to why Karen & Kevin Keyes are also listed as head coaches? Who are they?, and why are they co-head coaches? Can one of you Notre Dame fans help me out here? :eek:
It's basically naming rights to the head coach's position. Think FedEx Orange Bowl or the Werth Family Champions Center. For the right price, ND would probably let you rename Touchdown Jesus.

Reaction Score
Last post regarding this cause I'm basically done with all this!!! She will end up at Notre Dame!! 100% ... Still nothing posted on her Twitter page as of now ... Not any pics of her visit or anything mentioning Notre Dame. She's waiting to post her announcement. It's funny when it comes down to a player deciding between Notre dame and uconn it seems muffet wins out. But when it comes to national titles GENO always wins out!! People stop and think why hasn't Megan posted anything about her visit?? Why did she post pics of both her visits at Texas and Uconn the night she got back from visits and still nothing??? Doesn't that seem a bit odd? She's waiting o. Westbrook trust me it's already been decided the Irish worked there magic again but then again it's nothing more then magic. Uconn fans except it now so u won't be heart broken when the announcement happens... She 100% is not comming to uconn she will commit to Notre dame. It was always the Irish... What kid wouldn't want to visit uconn and pose with the greatest coach ever.... Kids love the spotlight Megan was never going to come here she was Notre dame from day one!! Time for us to except and move on!!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
They are rich people who threw $5 million at ND to endow Muffet's job. Karen played for Muffet and Kevin played tennis at ND

Karen and Kevin Keyes endow Notre Dame head women’s basketball coaching position // News // Notre Dame News // University of Notre Dame
Anyone think this would happen under Geno? This seems like one of the issues happening in men's FB where recruiters are given sometimes significant jobs while lacking coaching credentials and and knowledge. Where athletes are leaving college without the needed skills to play at the pro level. Bill Walsh used to say "There are coaches and there are gym teachers".

Reaction Score
Anyone think this would happen under Geno? This seems like one of the issues happening in men's FB where recruiters are given sometimes significant jobs while lacking coaching credentials and and knowledge. Where athletes are leaving college without the needed skills to play at the pro level. Bill Walsh used to say "There are coaches and there are gym teachers".
I don't think they are actual coaches. They just get their name as a prefix to Muffet's title. I think the more applicable scenario is where schools offer top recruits' parents a job on staff. How the NCAA allows that I don't know. Then again they allow student-athletes at some schools to take fake classes to remain eligible.

Reaction Score
Why wouldn't it? It's just an endowment. I wish it would - we need all the help we can get to defray more athletic dept expenses for the taxpayers. But where UCONN really needs more financial support is football.

Reaction Score
It's basically naming rights to the head coach's position. Think FedEx Orange Bowl or the Werth Family Champions Center. For the right price, ND would probably let you rename Touchdown Jesus.

I've saved up a bit cash, can I become a UConn head coach (somehow I doubt it)?

Reaction Score
Well, she plays club ball for the Philadelphia Belles, which is run/owned by Mike Flynn , who owns BlueStar Media girls basketball report, right? If that is accurate, it won't surprise me if Mike Flynn breaks the news of her verbal commitment.

I believe she actually plays AAU ball with Boo Williams, saw her live on video................Breanna Stewart played with the Philly Belles.........................Mike Flynn may get the story because he's an insider but who knows.....................

July 27-30: North Augusta, South Carolina
After returning from Chile, Walker played in one more major event to culminate her summer. Her Boo Williams team went 5-2 and made the semifinals at the Nike Nationals.

Reaction Score
Is it me or is Mike the most depressing or depressed poster in the BY?

He's certainly a bit on the "pessimistic" side, at least as it pertains to Ms Walker..........I really hope that he is wrong but that his bad call will not cause him much disappointment..................if he's right I guess he can crow for days.................

Reaction Score
He's certainly a bit on the "pessimistic" side, at least as it pertains to Ms Walker.....I really hope that he is wrong but that his bad call will not cause him much disappointment...if he's right I guess he can crow for days.......
Which I assume he will do.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I believe she actually plays AAU ball with Boo Williams, saw her live on video......Breanna Stewart played with the Philly Belles.....Mike Flynn may get the story because he's an insider but who knows......

July 27-30: North Augusta, South Carolina
After returning from Chile, Walker played in one more major event to culminate her summer. Her Boo Williams team went 5-2 and made the semifinals at the Nike Nationals.
You are right! I'm confusing the Belles and Boo Williams .

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
ericsandiego....With all due respect sir, any tea leave reading that needs to be done around here, I'll do it. No poaching please. :cool:
Well played, sir! Well played!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69