Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Carnac says...........R-E-L-A-X. I think we all need to step back, and take a deep breath, and calm ourselves. Some of us are starting to crack under the pressure. I'll agree to wanting to know her decision the minute she posts it.

I'm following her on twitter, and I'm monitoring the ND women's website for any breaking news concerning Walker. But what I'm not going to do is panic. Remember me? the seer? The guy that can look into the future?
Not this time. I'd love to say for certain what she's going to do. If I could, I would. It would put ALL OF YOU at ease, one way or another. Unfortunately, I can't. My "gift" only works between November and the first week in April. ;)

Her decision has already been made. We just don't know what it is yet. I'm content to wait for an official announcement. I will admit, the suspense is killing me.

ericsandiego
.........With all due respect sir, any tea leave reading that needs to be done around here, I'll do it. No poaching please. :cool:

Reaction Score
Ok, more seriously, do you think South Carolina has zero chance to win an NC before Wilson leaves? It's just a perplexing example to me.
You just said this. I never said anything about South Carolina ...LOL

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Relax. UConn usually gets the players that they REALLY want, and rarely has the top class because of that. The top recruits may be overhyped, have external influences that UConn would prefer not to deal with, may not be a good fit for our current team (the reason why EDD chose UConn over TN was that they already had 4 people at her position), OR because a player just didn't seem to be a candidate for the UConn mold.

UConn's best classes over the past 4 years were 2015 (3rd) and 2014 (4th), yet they have won four straight national titles. ND was in the Top 5 each of the last 4 years, once #1; they won none.

I think Geno et al know what they are doing. They'll be fine.
One of the more incredible sentences I ever read. Let me see if comprehend correctly-EDD chose UCONN over TN because TN had 4 people at EDD's position?
Meanwhile at UCONN all EDD would have to do is beat out this baller named Maya Moore. Good luck with that!

Reaction Score
I don't believe this chatter. She might be interested in UCONN but UCONN already has two offers out to Guards in this class C. Williams and Amaya Brown & Jordan Nixon of the NYC has come on the UCONN radar as of late summer.
How do you think NaLyssa Smith? She is interested in UConn too.

Carnac

Reaction Score
215965.jpg

Olivia Nelson-Ododa
CLASS: 2018. I meant her. Sorry uconn is recruiting her. And collier is suppose to be great to my point is uconn has a lot of top players in 18 seriously looking at uconn!!! We will be fine!!!

If UConn fails to get Walker, hopefully they can get "ONO". An ONO commitment to UConn in 2018 imo, would balance the scales. Judging from the reports I've read from scouting and rating services, as well as from posters that are familiar with ONO, she can ball! I believe in fate. Everyone will go where they are supposed to go. If memory serves, I believe I read somewhere that she is interested in coming to UConn. :cool:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
How do you think NaLyssa Smith? She is interested in UConn too.
Smith could be a big wing player likely SF/F. I was talking shooting guards/combo guards. Plus we have a picture of Geno in a home visit with Smith. I haven't heard of any UCONN contact with Izabella.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
You just said this. I never said anything about South Carolina ...LOL

Sorry, I just didn't think you really meant that she chose the wrong school because she didn't win an NC in her first two years. But of course you did.

Carnac

Reaction Score
While we're waiting.........I was looking at the roster for the ND women for 2016-2017. They have a very strange listing for their coaching staff:

Coaches
Muffet McGraw - Karen and Kevin Keyes Head Women's Basketball Coach
Carol Owens - Associate Head Coach
Beth Cunningham - Associate Coach
Niele Ivey - Associate Coach/Recruiting Coordinator
Katie Capps - Director of Basketball Operations
Erica Williamson - Video Coordinator
Sharla Lewis - Special Events Coordinator

Can anyone shed some light as to why Karen & Kevin Keyes are also listed as head coaches? Who are they?, and why are they co-head coaches? Can one of you Notre Dame fans help me out here? :eek:

Reaction Score
Ok, let's take a step back and take a deep breath, Walker hasn't committed to ND yet.
And if she does, there's not anything that can be done about it anyway.
It will make C Williams more likely in the 2018 class which I predict will be one of UConn's best.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Carnac

Reaction Score

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Megan should know with 3 transfers, KLS, Kia, Gabby, Napheesa and Crystall, UConn is in the top to win 2017-18 NC. If she doesn't care to win NC then she can choice either ND or Taxes.

See what happened to A'ja and Mercedes.

Megan may think that she is better than anything that UCONN already has or will have and that she can take another team to a championship. If she goes to ND I would not count them out of the NC running next season and neither should anyone else, especially if she and Westbrook go as a pair.

Reaction Score
Megan may think that she is better than anything that UCONN already has or will have and that she can take another team to a championship. If she goes to ND I would not count them out of the NC running next season and neither should anyone else, especially if she and Westbrook go as a pair.
May be you are right, may be it will happen in 2018-2019.
But I don't see 2 freshmen can change the program so significantly.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
So ? What is the argument? As now she does not have any NC rings in her fingers.

UCONN had the greatest class in NCAA history. The only team that really had a shot at a NC during that class's time at UCONN was Baylor when those players were freshmen.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
May be you are right, may be it will happen in 2018-2019.
But I don't see 2 freshmen can change the program so significantly.

I have heard of a few freshmen who have had major impacts on teams winning a NC. I can think of one who made a difference for UCONN. I think her name was Stewart, or something like that.

Reaction Score
I have heard of a few freshmen who have had major impacts on teams winning a NC. I can think of one who made a difference for UCONN. I think her name was Stewart, or something like that.
And Moriah, Mogan, those three freshmen, not two, and this is UConn. ..LOL

Reaction Score
If UConn fails to get Walker, hopefully they can get "ONO". An ONO commitment to UConn in 2018 imo, would balance the scales. Judging from the reports I've read from scouting and rating services, as well as from posters that are familiar with ONO, she can ball! I believe in fate. Everyone will go where they are supposed to go. If memory serves, I believe I read somewhere that she is interested in coming to UConn. :cool:

She is a total wild card.......................has a huge list of schools that she is interested in and yet was not interested in any home visits even though Geno and all of the other big names were available.......................she also has a very low social media profile which I kind of like although it makes it that much more difficult to figure out her mind set..................I expect her recruiting process to be to similar to Megan Walker's with a bit less hoopla.................

Reaction Score
Re: 2018 Recruiting
09/12/2016
Not much chance in getting Izabella 5 star recruit ,when UConn and Notre Dame are after her also. The only good thing I see is she's from Raleigh'

From the discussion board, may not be truth:
2018 Recruiting

She is a Brazilian currently living in North Carolina..................has a lot of international experience.......how much real interest there is we won't know until she is offered............Christyn Williams who I believe will be every bit as good as Megan Walker is no longer a sure thing for Uconn.............I would put UConn in the lead with Texas, Baylor, SC and ND as the main competition as always

Reaction Score

I'm not counting ND out of the NC race even without Megan Walker or Westbrook.............if they stay healthy they have a heck of a team...................there are a whole bunch of teams that are just stacked with talent and ND is certainly among them.................I expect this to be one of the most competitive seasons we have seen in many years

Reaction Score
I for one thing am not a Twitter fan. Never understood it I'm more of a Facebook kind of guy. I did notice her visits to Texas and UCONN were all over her Twitter page after each visit with several pictures over her weekend visits. The fact she's been back almost 24 hours from her Notre Dame visit and nothing is even remotely posted. Kids love to post there daily lives it's the social media world we live in today. Why on earth would she not even post a single comment or a single pic of her weekend trip to the Irish! If that's not all the writing on the wall we all need then I must be missing something. My guess is she has made up her mind and she will end up at Notre Dame. No reason to not post anything means she's waiting to contact uconn and Texas of her decision and by tonight it will be announced all Irish on her page. To bad was really hoping to have her in a uconn uni. Hopefully I'm wrong but she's very active on her Twitter page so I find it bizzare nothing mentioned at all about Notre Dame. That's no fluke.... Hopefully I'm wrong!!
Uconn has the best coaching, gets kids to maximize there skill level leading many of them to go onto great heights after college, and you guys are driving yourselves crazy with every little thing she does. If she puts her foot up on a chair to tie her shoes instead of kneeling down on the floor does this mean she's not going to any of the 3 schools, but is going to choose CCSU instead (I'm an alum and we could use the talent). Uconn should always be the favorite to any kid wanting to be the best they can be until another factor (distance to home, she gets along with the players more, or we don't have the exact major (Yes, they unlike superstar guy players, they go to class). We have the best young point guard in the country to get her the ball. If she goes elsewhere it's nothing Uconn did or could have done different.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Uconn has the best coaching, gets kids to maximize there skill level leading many of them to go onto great heights after college, and you guys are driving yourselves crazy with every little thing she does. If she puts her foot up on a chair to tie her shoes instead of kneeling down on the floor does this mean she's not going to any of the 3 schools, but is going to choose CCSU instead (I'm an alum and we could use the talent). Uconn should always be the favorite to any kid wanting to be the best they can be until another factor (distance to home, she gets along with the players more, or we don't have the exact major (Yes, they unlike superstar guy players, they go to class). We have the best young point guard in the country to get her the ball. If she goes elsewhere it's nothing Uconn did or could have done different.
Don't be ridiculous, this makes too much sense. " If she puts her foot up on a chair to tie her shoes instead of kneeling down on the floor she is obviously going to Texas." :eek:

Reaction Score
If u go on Westbrook she has photos of her and Megan in front of the yellow dome and a pic of her and muffet at the football game. So the fact she has posted on her page and Megan has been hush hush ... If Notre Dame lands the 2 top payers will be devastating to uconn. Only fall back is they will be absolutely loaded with guards and very thin on bigs. Turner graduates next year so looks like Notre Dame will be very guard heavy but what do I know. I think uconn will land C. Williams the #2 player in the class of 2018 who is surpose to be just as or even better the Megan. And the #1 player in Collier is very high on UCONN to. So this could be Notre Dames big year in recruiting and next year could be uconn's!! Recruiting goes in cycles. I'm not worried we wil get the players that want to be here and whatever will be will be. Everything happens for a reason as a uconn fan I'm not worried at all. Talent is better then ever plenty of talent to be spread around. Uconn will not win every year it's just not going to happen but one or 2 players won't change a program remember folks it's a team sport u can only play 5 at a time. Just because u land the best recruiting ranked class or best talent doesn't guareentee u anything!! GENO knows what he's doing have all the faith in the uconn program!!!
So you say landing Walker and Westbrook will be devastating to UConn then you go on to describe in detail why it won't and how you're not worried at all. Which way are you going here?

Reaction Score
I for one thing am not a Twitter fan. Never understood it I'm more of a Facebook kind of guy. I did notice her visits to Texas and UCONN were all over her Twitter page after each visit with several pictures over her weekend visits. The fact she's been back almost 24 hours from her Notre Dame visit and nothing is even remotely posted. Kids love to post there daily lives it's the social media world we live in today. Why on earth would she not even post a single comment or a single pic of her weekend trip to the Irish! If that's not all the writing on the wall we all need then I must be missing something. My guess is she has made up her mind and she will end up at Notre Dame. No reason to not post anything means she's waiting to contact uconn and Texas of her decision and by tonight it will be announced all Irish on her page. To bad was really hoping to have her in a uconn uni. Hopefully I'm wrong but she's very active on her Twitter page so I find it bizzare nothing mentioned at all about Notre Dame. That's no fluke.... Hopefully I'm wrong!!
I think it's just as likely that, while at ND or shortly after her visit, she decided to commit to UCONN (or Texas - bleh) and didn't feel right repeating the, "Had a great visit" drill for her ND visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom