Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page | The Boneyard

Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I for one thing am not a Twitter fan. Never understood it I'm more of a Facebook kind of guy. I did notice her visits to Texas and UCONN were all over her Twitter page after each visit with several pictures over her weekend visits. The fact she's been back almost 24 hours from her Notre Dame visit and nothing is even remotely posted. Kids love to post there daily lives it's the social media world we live in today. Why on earth would she not even post a single comment or a single pic of her weekend trip to the Irish! If that's not all the writing on the wall we all need then I must be missing something. My guess is she has made up her mind and she will end up at Notre Dame. No reason to not post anything means she's waiting to contact uconn and Texas of her decision and by tonight it will be announced all Irish on her page. To bad was really hoping to have her in a uconn uni. Hopefully I'm wrong but she's very active on her Twitter page so I find it bizzare nothing mentioned at all about Notre Dame. That's no fluke.... Hopefully I'm wrong!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Her main picture is of her and Evina Westbrook who also visited this weekend. Also she posted a picture of both her and Evina wearing ND gear. Or retweeted it or something like that.

Honestly, if I had to guess, I would say her order of schools is ND, Texas, and UCONN in that order. I believe she will verbal to ND sometime this week.

Some kids who are the best don't care at all about the hype (Stewie signed her LOI on the hood of her car, KLS signed hers at high school - I think with several other kids from her team on the same day at a signing table - see below). Other kids want the "flash" and publicity - they have a press conference on ESPN. They want the attention and accolades. They want parties and pizazz.

The first group of kids (Stewie's, KLS's, etc) are the type of top kids who want to come to UCONN and who eventually do. It's all about basketball, being the best, having great teammates and great coaches, and having the best basketball experience possible. The 2nd group of kids are drawn to something different and end up choosing schools more in tune with the more modern era of flash, hoopla, social media, etc. And I mean it as no criticism of players - it's something that Geno has noticed as well. But the players who want to be wooed don't usually end up at UCONN...

750x422

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Why don't those of you who are commenting on Walker's decision to go to a school other than UCONN just wait until she makes it?
Why? It's a message board. She's a top recruit. There's lots of interest in where she goes. And people love trying to read the tea leaves and trying to figure out which way the wind is blowing.

My question to you is "why don't those of you who don't like the comments ignore the threads where clearly people are going to be commenting on the subject?"...

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Why? It's a message board. She's a top recruit. There's lots of interest in where she goes. And people love trying to read the tea leaves and trying to figure out which way the wind is blowing.

My question to you is "why don't those of you who don't like the comments ignore the threads where clearly people are going to be commenting on the subject?"...
I usually do.

Reaction Score
I for one thing am not a Twitter fan. Never understood it I'm more of a Facebook kind of guy. I did notice her visits to Texas and UCONN were all over her Twitter page after each visit with several pictures over her weekend visits. The fact she's been back almost 24 hours from her Notre Dame visit and nothing is even remotely posted. Kids love to post there daily lives it's the social media world we live in today. Why on earth would she not even post a single comment or a single pic of her weekend trip to the Irish! If that's not all the writing on the wall we all need then I must be missing something. My guess is she has made up her mind and she will end up at Notre Dame. No reason to not post anything means she's waiting to contact uconn and Texas of her decision and by tonight it will be announced all Irish on her page. To bad was really hoping to have her in a uconn uni. Hopefully I'm wrong but she's very active on her Twitter page so I find it bizzare nothing mentioned at all about Notre Dame. That's no fluke.... Hopefully I'm wrong!!
If u go on Westbrook she has photos of her and Megan in front of the yellow dome and a pic of her and muffet at the football game. So the fact she has posted on her page and Megan has been hush hush ... If Notre Dame lands the 2 top payers will be devastating to uconn. Only fall back is they will be absolutely loaded with guards and very thin on bigs. Turner graduates next year so looks like Notre Dame will be very guard heavy but what do I know. I think uconn will land C. Williams the #2 player in the class of 2018 who is surpose to be just as or even better the Megan. And the #1 player in Collier is very high on UCONN to. So this could be Notre Dames big year in recruiting and next year could be uconn's!! Recruiting goes in cycles. I'm not worried we wil get the players that want to be here and whatever will be will be. Everything happens for a reason as a uconn fan I'm not worried at all. Talent is better then ever plenty of talent to be spread around. Uconn will not win every year it's just not going to happen but one or 2 players won't change a program remember folks it's a team sport u can only play 5 at a time. Just because u land the best recruiting ranked class or best talent doesn't guareentee u anything!! GENO knows what he's doing have all the faith in the uconn program!!!

Reaction Score
Megan should know with 3 transfers, KLS, Kia, Gabby, Napheesa and Crystall, UConn is in the top to win 2017-18 NC. If she doesn't care to win NC then she can choice either ND or Taxes.

See what happened to A'ja and Mercedes.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If u go on Westbrook she has photos of her and Megan in front of the yellow dome and a pic of her and muffet at the football game. So the fact she has posted on her page and Megan has been hush hush ... If Notre Dame lands the 2 top payers will be devastating to uconn. Only fall back is they will be absolutely loaded with guards and very thin on bigs. Turner graduates next year so looks like Notre Dame will be very guard heavy but what do I know. I think uconn will land C. Williams the #2 player in the class of 2018 who is surpose to be just as or even better the Megan. And the #1 player in Collier is very high on UCONN to. So this could be Notre Dames big year in recruiting and next year could be uconn's!! Recruiting goes in cycles. I'm not worried we wil get the players that want to be here and whatever will be will be. Everything happens for a reason as a uconn fan I'm not worried at all. Talent is better then ever plenty of talent to be spread around. Uconn will not win every year it's just not going to happen but one or 2 players won't change a program remember folks it's a team sport u can only play 5 at a time. Just because u land the best recruiting ranked class or best talent doesn't guareentee u anything!! GENO knows what he's doing have all the faith in the uconn program!!!
You need to hit the refresh button. Collier is no longer #1 in her class. UCONN was never an option for Westbrook. UCONN losing both Walker and Westbrook will not be devastating to UCONN. It would hurt but UCONN has the services of 3 capable wings in that class and BTW there this transfer who is supposed to Game changing good-Azura Stevens.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Oh the humanity!

LMAO, first Notre Dame can only play 5 players at a time, I haven't seen any white flags raised by Notre Dames players saying, "oh btw you can take my minutes".

Second, considering their production thus far in their careers, it is not screaming likelihood that they would be able to step in and play immediately.

Third, we are entering an era IMO where there are a lot of similar players, both play very similar games, the current classes I believe will struggle the most entering college due to the lack of game teaching i.e. passing to lead players, setting up offenses, recognizing mismatches, understanding defensive strategies and most have no clue how to play team defense, to name a few.

Reaction Score
You need to hit the refresh button. Collier is no longer #1 in her class. UCONN was never an option for Westbrook. UCONN losing both Walker and Westbrook will not be devastating to UCONN. It would hurt but UCONN has the services of 3 capable wings in that class and BTW there this transfer who is supposed to Game changing good-Azura Stevens.
215965.jpg

Olivia Nelson-Ododa
CLASS: 2018. I meant her. Sorry uconn is recruiting her. And collier is suppose to be great to my point is uconn has a lot of top players in 18 seriously looking at uconn!!! We will be fine!!!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Megan should know with 3 transfers, KLS, Kia, Gabby, Napheesa and Crystall, UConn is in the top to win 2017-18 NC. If she doesn't care to win NC then she can choice either ND or Taxes.

See what happened to A'ja and Mercedes.

What happened to A'ja? Final Four in her freshman year and 1st Team All-America in her sophomore year? Sure it's no 4 national titles, a la Stewie, but it's not much of a cautionary tale either.

Reaction Score
UConn is recruiting :
216397.jpg

Izabella Nicoletti
GUARD
CLASS: 2018

Reaction Score
Relax. UConn usually gets the players that they REALLY want, and rarely has the top class because of that. The top recruits may be overhyped, have external influences that UConn would prefer not to deal with, may not be a good fit for our current team (the reason why EDD chose UConn over TN was that they already had 4 people at her position), OR because a player just didn't seem to be a candidate for the UConn mold.

UConn's best classes over the past 4 years were 2015 (3rd) and 2014 (4th), yet they have won four straight national titles. ND was in the Top 5 each of the last 4 years, once #1; they won none.

I think Geno et al know what they are doing. They'll be fine.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Relax. UConn usually gets the players that they REALLY want, and rarely has the top class because of that. The top recruits may be overhyped, have external influences that UConn would prefer not to deal with, may not be a good fit for our current team (the reason why EDD chose UConn over TN was that they already had 4 people at her position), OR because a player just didn't seem to be a candidate for the UConn mold.

UConn's best classes over the past 4 years were 2015 (3rd) and 2014 (4th), yet they have won four straight national titles. ND was in the Top 5 each of the last 4 years, once #1; they won none.

I think Geno et al know what they are doing. They'll be fine.

Well, I think those four national titles had quite a bit to do with the class of 2012, no? That class surely was #1.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
So ? What is the argument? As now she does not have any NC rings in her fingers.

The point (as you obviously know because you are being deliberately obtuse) is that she has two more years to win one. You might as well say "See what happened to Lauren Cox. She chose Baylor and no national championships yet!"

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Re: 2018 Recruiting
09/12/2016
Not much chance in getting Izabella 5 star recruit ,when UConn and Notre Dame are after her also. The only good thing I see is she's from Raleigh'

From the discussion board, may not be truth:
2018 Recruiting

I don't believe this chatter. She might be interested in UCONN but UCONN already has two offers out to Guards in this class C. Williams and Amaya Brown & Jordan Nixon of the NYC has come on the UCONN radar as of late summer.

Reaction Score
The point (as you obviously know because you are being deliberately obtuse) is that she has two more years to win one. You might as well say "See what happened to Lauren Cox. She chose Baylor and no national championships yet!"
Cox has not played a single game yet.
Find something interesting to argue.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Cox has not played a single game yet.
Find something interesting to argue.

Ok, more seriously, do you think South Carolina has zero chance to win an NC before Wilson leaves? It's just a perplexing example to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom