Rakim Lubin Commits to UConn!!! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Rakim Lubin Commits to UConn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
yeah huh.........what a ridiculous, hypocritical post. Can't say I have no idea then turn it around to be a desperation get.........some of these fans! It's not desperation in September, they know he can play from what I guess. Too much time left on the '14 recruiting table to just offer anyone at this point!!

Again truthfully we know very little but that Top 43 prior to an injury at least let's you now he was on the radar and a pretty good one!!
hmmmm, hypocritical??? it appears that's the only way to be on this board lately. let me spell it out for you. we missed on abu, we missed on larrier. there is now fear that robinson may be an Indiana lean. kasongo comes and goes without a commitment. they offer rakim on sept 20. really? sept. 20. if they were so high on him, it took them this long and had to miss this many times to recognize his ability? really? a hidden gem? really? Ollie has been high on him for a while? really? it is pretty clear that the staff was left with a pretty crappy hand, and this was the best/last way to play it. nothing more.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Now if we can just land Eric B then KO can rap this recruiting class up!

It's funny; I was going to make this EXACT joke about 5 pages ago, but then I said to myself, "Nobody's gonna laugh." Well, Dove is here! ;) Here's a flashback for you all to enjoy:

Reaction Score
Awesome, one of the great early Hip Hop songs

"Thinking of a master plan...."

It's funny; I was going to make this EXACT joke about 5 pages ago, but then I said to myself, "Nobody's gonna laugh." Well, Dove is here! ;) Here's a flashback for you all to enjoy:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
My only question is what is his real size?

These 6-8, 240 pound recruits tend to be 6-5 and 201.

Reaction Score
hmmmm, hypocritical??? it appears that's the only way to be on this board lately. let me spell it out for you. we missed on abu, we missed on larrier. there is now fear that robinson may be an Indiana lean. kasongo comes and goes without a commitment. they offer rakim on sept 20. really? sept. 20. if they were so high on him, it took them this long and had to miss this many times to recognize his ability? really? a hidden gem? really? Ollie has been high on him for a while? really? it is pretty clear that the staff was left with a pretty crappy hand, and this was the best/last way to play it. nothing more.

Your prerogative djct..........I prefer to think that Ricky found a guy that fits the Husky mold, and actually may be something we've had very little of as of late - a real PF who can step out and make a shot too.........I guess we all need to wait and see huh? Seems like you prefer to hope to say "told ya so" though and that's not too fun!

Reaction Score
Maybe found a video of the kid. If he was wearing #4 as a Sophomore he makes two shots in a row starting with a fast break layup at 1:25 then a dunk rebound. http://Post original url/164Ynp0

He also had a monster game beating the 5A top ranked team last season 27-7-4-3 http://Post original url/1bhZeDo

He is either number 4 or 32 but I think this video is from when he wore 32. If you google his name you see a few pics of him wearing 32 and his hair is about the same length as in the video.

Reaction Score
Rakim Lubin was #4.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-school...adsden,al)/basketball-winter-12-13/roster.htm

He's listed at 225 from MaxPreps. Looks to be about 200.

He was #4 this most recent year. This video is from the 2011-2012 season though.

YF8PUqX.jpg

Maybe he wore #32 in 2012 and wore #4 in 2013

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Mostly positive things in this thread. As it should be. But even amongst the positive I sense some reservation. UConn has been kicked in the nuts so many times in the past two years and not just in men's bb but in cr. There are more than one of us just waiting for the next bad kick.

Not me! I had "Ten Toes In" the moment KO was made interim coach! I haven't changed my mind since. KO will be a future hall of fame coach. Mark my words.

Rakim will be the first of many recruits that pundits will point to in stating KO's remarkable ability to find diamonds in the rough. He will also be considered a master diamond cutter before he retires.

I have no problem asserting my confidence in KO! I'm not AO. I have no need to go to Missouri and be part of the "Show Me" state! I recognize greatness the moment I see it!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Since he committed after watching practice we can assume that he is not afraid of hard work.
@Jaybo said the same thing and I have to agree with both of you. This kid wants to be mentored by the best. He didn't hesitate. He chose well. Great add for UConn!

Reaction Score
If you go to the video's of some of Gasden's video's you will see they are a damn good HS team with some real nice players...........they have a lot of shooters so his stats mean very little as long as he is rebounding. Based on the depth of the team I would bet most guys don't play more than 22-24 minutes too............it will be interesting to see him play. One video shows a #32 with some dreads who is really athletic.............

Reaction Score
Lets see. My guess is that we still win a championship without Chuck and especially Wane. I do agree that its always good to have a player who brings his lunch pail or has the ability to grow into himself the way Armstrong did. That is not the message I am getting here. I have no idea whether or not Rakim will be the next coming of Jeff Adrien or Michael Bradley because I have never seen him play. I do know that giving the swings and misses over the last few months and how late we were to offer this kid, that this is not a "hidden gem" type situation, this is desperation.

Given that Chuck was pivotal in a two-point win over Arizona and we needed Wane to rotate on Brand in a three-point win over Duke - I'm tempted to say we needed both to win our titles.

They can wear their rings as proudly as anyone.

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly J Lamb did not even start for his team when we signed him and that turned out OK.

Reaction Score
Now if we can just land Eric B then KO can rap this recruiting class up!
Damn you Dove, you stole my line! I was going to post it last night but figured it would be too obscure a reference for most people on here :)

Reaction Score
He's got a year left to polish his body and game. Nolan is a guy that really represents Ollie's ability to develop bigs. So if Philly shows a huge jump in consistent play this year, I'll be really excited about how our staff molds players. I also think kasongo shouldn't be afraid of comp for minutes, he's a 3* he's gotta go earn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom