Rakim Lubin Commits to UConn!!! | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Rakim Lubin Commits to UConn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I for one cannot wait to get this kid on campus. He seems to have the attributes we've been lacking since the departure of Jeff Adrien, and all of the traits that will make a kid successful under the tutelage of KO and the staff.

Reaction Score
He was #4 this most recent year. This video is from the 2011-2012 season though.

YF8PUqX.jpg

Maybe he wore #32 in 2012 and wore #4 in 2013

If he's #32 then he'll be hitting 3's for us, not pounding the paint. I questioned his number too (because of that photo), but then found a roster for 2011-2012 that had him listed as #4. He clearly wasn't 245 as a Sophomore, but had speed and ups. Hopefully he's kept that athleticism since he's bulked up.

Reaction Score
If he's #32 then he'll be hitting 3's for us, not pounding the paint. I questioned his number too (because of that photo), but then found a roster for 2011-2012 that had him listed as #4. He clearly wasn't 245 as a Sophomore, but had speed and ups. Hopefully he's kept that athleticism since he's bulked up.

I watched the video a few days ago. If I remember correctly, it had #4 hitting a couple nice inside shots, showing a lot of mobility and athleticism. One was a quick explosive dunk and the other was a slashing play across the paint with a nice back-side layup. Since that vid was from the 11-12 season, he would have only been a sophomore and would not have been his current 245. With that said, body wise he was a far cry from anywhere close to 245, so I don't know if that was him. I've heard kids can go through big growth spurts, so who knows.

On a related note, his mom did say he can shoot it beyond the arc and handles the ball well. Some of the best Bigs often started out as wings or even guards and then grew into their front court bodies with some perimeter and ball handling skills. Maybe this is the case with Rakim. BBMom said she'll try to get us some video on him soon. I'm assuming it will be more recent and am looking forward to seeing it.

Reaction Score
You guys need eye exams, that kid in that video looked nothing like Lubin, he wasn't even the same complexion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom