QB Battle | Page 5 | The Boneyard

QB Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't know if Boyle will ever be a major factor for the team but I do know that his time here has been totally unstable with 3 head coaches, multiple offensive coordinators and injury. Unfortunately he has lost valuable development time due to desperation by the head coaches. I would not be shocked if he turns out to be a pretty good quarterback after all.

Reaction Score
I don't care which QB gets the job. I just hope the offensive line opens holes on rushing plays, closes holes on passing plays and the QB doesn't have to run for his life on most passing plays.

Reaction Score
I don't know if Boyle will ever be a major factor for the team but I do know that his time here has been totally unstable with 3 head coaches, multiple offensive coordinators and injury. Unfortunately he has lost valuable development time due to desperation by the head coaches. I would not be shocked if he turns out to be a pretty good quarterback after all.
I can agree with this. But I also feel TB has had a shot (multiple) and he hasn't stood out. If one of the other guys is standing out in practice, give him the title and let him be 'the guy'. TB's failures ARE partly on the instability he has had at UCONN, but also partly on himself too. Lets see who else we have who can play.

Reaction Score
Explanation for my GA preference.
We have seen neither BS or GA play for the Huskies so I am going off of film clips and articles that I can find.
My choice is clearly based on style. I'm not a big fan of running QB's. We seem to have used running QB's in the past because we couldn't get a passing game going.

From GA's film he seems to be more of a scrambler who can throw on the fly. He can move up back or sideways to make to rushers miss while having eyes down field.

I would rather see that type of play where we can get passing yards from imperfect plays than seeing our QB hang himself out there on half of the plays to get a few yds.

But, I'll take anyone who can get us wins.

Even though watching highlights can be tricky I also like what I saw from GA. Just wish he had some time in the system. All three of our top guys are very different QB's with their own skillsets but none will be successful without some solid upfront blocking. The one concern I have with Shirreffs is a total questionmark in the passing department. There's no problem with a run-pass guy as long as he can keep the defense honest. If not the offense stagnates and the risk of injury goes up. If he can keep them honest we could really churn up tons of yardage with our RB's and break receivers open for huge plays. That said GA looks like a versatile guy with good vision and decent legs to extend plays.

Reaction Score
Even though watching highlights can be tricky I also like what I saw from GA. Just wish he had some time in the system. All three of our top guys are very different QB's with their own skillsets but none will be successful without some solid upfront blocking. The one concern I have with Shirreffs is a total questionmark in the passing department. There's no problem with a run-pass guy as long as he can keep the defense honest. If not the offense stagnates and the risk of injury goes up. If he can keep them honest we could really churn up tons of yardage with our RB's and break receivers open for huge plays. That said GA looks like a versatile guy with good vision and decent legs to extend plays.
Form what I saw at the spring game, BS can throw as well or better than any of our other guys. (obviously GA wasn't there.) I think Shirreffs can keep the D honest. At least I hope he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom