Poll: Renewing Season Tix if Diaco Stays? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll: Renewing Season Tix if Diaco Stays?

If Diaco is our coach next year, will you renew your season tickets?

• yes

Votes: 103 34.2%
  • no

Votes: 163 54.2%
  • cutting down

Votes: 35 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't bother. I'm sure between folks here giving away free tix and scalpers you can get tickets for every home game for a total of $30 and that might be a bit high. Seeing how no one will be there you can choose your seat so it won't matter where the tix are supposed to have you sit.

I'm hoping more that my dad and uncle wil join me. Make it a family thing every other weekend

Reaction Score
We have made it to and are now beyond 100 responses; our response group is officially statistically reliable! Thanks for the feedback everyone. As of vote 100, there was a perfect split 60/30/10 continuing the trend of data.

We are now up to 120 votes and the percentages are still close to the same, 59/30/11

Reaction Score
I'll bet there will be a lot of people who voted no like me, who will end up getting season tickets anyways. Time heals all wounds and hope springs eternal, blah, blah, blah.

I would love to see a new offensive coordinator, which I believe will will get, go for a true hurry up spread/read type offense. Something dramatically different that will draw some major talent on offense with the focus on speed, speed, speed.

I could stomach a 2 year transition knowing we are headed for something different. If it's the same old, same old then it won't be anywhere near what we need to improve. With a new OL, with many parts inexperienced, a new QB with many question marks, a WR corp which does not show me much, all we have, in my eyes in Newsome and then???

I said a prayer this morning. I'm going to be saying plenty more this off season.

Reaction Score
Send this to Benedict so he can see why we don't believe a word out of this guys mouth anymore. There is a long history of this delusion. After reading Jacobs column today and finding out that Diaco would not just say that Bryant had an injury for seven games and couldn't fight it any longer so we are starting the freshman, how can anyone believe him? First he did a huge disservice to Shirreffs and then he created a fantastic story involving parents, player etc. that really seems like baloney. He needs to go and one more year of this is dereliction of duty by the powers that be at UCONN.
He's a dishonest, low integrity guy raised to get by through marketing speak and convincing everyone he's got Hayden Frey rock ribbed, middle America values. It's the hallmark of a con-man. He talks about love and caring, but disrespected Sheriffs and lied about it. He who cannot be trusted in the small things, cannot be trusted in the big things.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I'm addicted but this was so horrible and I did something I never do yesterday I left in the 4th quarter before the game was over. I've never left early but I had it yesterday.
I will be buying tickets but after the holidays but not sure my side kick will.

Reaction Score
Wtf else am I going to do? Only so many Badger games I can get to a year.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Firm no for me. I have 3 tickets in my package and I won't renew any of them. I will piece together a full or partial season (depending on how quickly we are eliminated from bowl contention) via promo codes, scalpers, and ticket giveaways in the parking lot. Considering that I will likely skip the Holy Cross game and then the games towards then end of the season once we are eliminated from bowl contention, I figure to save more than half of my usual football expense. I will donate what I usually donate, plus the difference in football savings, to the school separately through the Foundation with employer match.

It pains me to not renew. I've gone from a guy who used to buy up tickets and give them away to a guy who is not even willing to pay for my own tickets. I'm still holding out hope that we have a donor or group of donors willing to at least help with part of the buyout. If that happens, then I am 100% on-board to renew at full price. But yesterday was the first time since the Rent opened that I voluntarily stayed home with no other plans. I watched the game on stream and felt guilty about not being there but as we continued to dig ourselves into insurmountable deficits, I was happy with my decision to stay home.

I guess I could always change my mind - renewal season is a long way away from now - and maybe I am voting based on immediate emotions and reactions to the season. Maybe if we replaced Diaco's staff with capable coaches then I might be moved to renew. I don't know. If nothing happens to his staff, then I'm out for sure. But as of 1:44PM on Sunday November 27, my answer is a "firm" no.

Reaction Score
My loyalty is to the school and the players, not Diaco. I am renewing (despite him).
There is nothing more telling than loyalty. When you don't renew, the message sent to the team and the school is you're a fair weather friend.
"They" know there is a huge problem. Changes will be made based on the business decision. Sending a message that the hardcore fans won't renew changes nothing; these "votes" don't count, there is no system to rig. This is just real life.

Time to suck it up and send those players who work their asses off, the students who so want to be proud of their school, the parents who sweat out all of the work, energy, pain and tears, and yes, the coaches who are doing their best to figure it out- the message that we are one, we are ALWAYS, UConn.

Instead of stomping out the embers maybe our support will help light the fire.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
There is nothing more telling than loyalty. When you don't renew, the message sent to the team and the school is you're a fair weather friend.
"They" know there is a huge problem. Changes will be made based on the business decision. Sending a message that the hardcore fans won't renew changes nothing; these "votes" don't count, there is no system to rig. This is just real life.

Time to suck it up and send those players who work their asses off, the students who so want to be proud of their school, the parents who sweat out all of the work, energy, pain and tears, and yes, the coaches who are doing their best to figure it out- the message that we are one, we are ALWAYS, UConn.

To your point about real life : tens of thousands of fans have decided that they have better things to do on Saturdays than watch a dumpster fire. That's real life. Real life means that without a competitive product the fans don't come back. What you are describing is wishing and hoping.

C

Chief00

Send this to Benedict so he can see why we don't believe a word out of this guys mouth anymore. There is a long history of this delusion. After reading Jacobs column today and finding out that Diaco would not just say that Bryant had an injury for seven games and couldn't fight it any longer so we are starting the freshman, how can anyone believe him? First he did a huge disservice to Shirreffs and then he created a fantastic story involving parents, player etc. that really seems like baloney. He needs to go and one more year of this is dereliction of duty by the powers that be at UCONN.
Quite frankly, Chief00 Approves.

arch

Reaction Score
He's a dishonest, low integrity guy raised to get by through marketing speak and convincing everyone he's got Hayden Frey rock ribbed, middle America values. It's the hallmark of a con-man. He talks about love and caring, but disrespected Sheriffs and lied about it. He who cannot be trusted in the small things, cannot be trusted in the big things.
The Music Man

Reaction Score
Now past 150. Loving the volume of feedback, everyone. Still right at 31% saying they'll renew in full. Man, the Rent is gonna be a ghost town next season

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score

Holy crap which assistant coach's mom are you? Here's some real life for ya: Ticket buyers work their a$$es off to make the money they spend on football tickets and donations; fans have a right to some loyalty and consideration from those in control of the programs the fans help pay for. The only "business decision" that needs to be made is how to fund the exit of our failed head coach. The administration needs to "Suck it up" and figure out how to fund their colossal mistake. The entire athletic department is teetering on the brink of a 40-year backslide while the administration, through their silence, appears to be willing to play patty cake with a lying, self-delusional idiot to keep things on the cheap. Anyone who is serious about the future of UConn athletics as a major player in college sports realizes that this cannot stand. If it does the "message" being sent by the administration is that 1) they're willing to jerk around the fan base, and 2) they aren't willing to make the sacrifices necessary to move UConn athletics forward rather than backward. Ticket holders who have suffered through 6 years of failure have no other leverage than buying or not buying tickets. Your notion that people voting with their money doesn't count is laughable; in this case it's the ONLY thing that counts.

Reaction Score
I've gone from 6 to 4...best I'll get is 2 next year...my kids don't want to go because it's boring and we never score. I can't argue because we own the WORST offense in the country in points/game. I would have been more optimistic had I not seen the QB the last few games. He's no mystery now...

Reaction Score
I'll renew next season. It won't be an easy decision, but I know I will do it. I've had season tickets since the inaugural season at the Rent.

I am an alumnus and I am a fan. I'm not saying that we don't have a right to criticize, but I believe fans stick with their teams through good times and bad and you never know, you just may be rewarded some day (like Cubs fans...). One thing I learned when we played at Notre Dame: The South Bend community will put 80,000 fans in the seats every weekend, even in the worst of seasons. I think UConn fans need to realize that firm support of the fan community year after year is one of the most important measures of success. The program can survive a losing season, and even multiple losing season, but it can't survive the lack of a fan base. In fact, if anything keeps us out of a major conference, it is because our fan base is soft. No conference is going to consider a program where there is a lack of commitment from the alumni and fan base. Again, it doesn't mean that we don't have a right to criticize.

Also... I enjoy the Rent and I enjoy the experience. I enjoy tailgating and I appreciate the comraderie in the parking lot as well as in the stands. It's a lot more fun when the place is packed. So... I'll be renewing my tickets. Good news is that with all you people leaving, maybe I'll get better seats...

Reaction Score
This is the first time that I am seriously considering it after 10+ years of season tix. These last few games, they looked inept on offense and defense. The return game has been pitiful all year, with the punt returns being the worst I've ever seen anywhere.

Reaction Score
I am not sure. I don't believe in Diaco at all and hate what he has done to us. If Benedict comes up with something creative that could work, I might agree to renew for bridge year until his buyout is affordable. I would be particularly interested in finding a possible head coach-in-waiting Offensive coordinator that could inject some life into our awful offense and/or take over as soon as Diaco is fired. I really hope that Benedict can come up with something creative that will force Diaco's hand to accept changes or understand that he will be gone as soon as financially possible. Leaving on his own is also a great option for us!! So I can't vote in the poll as constructed but I am much closer to the no that the yes. Benedict, you are on the clock. Show us you are really the big time administrator you were made out to be.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Yep. The best way to continue the disaster is an empty stadium.

I'll renew next season. It won't be an easy decision, but I know I will do it. I've had season tickets since the inaugural season at the Rent.

I am an alumnus and I am a fan. I'm not saying that we don't have a right to criticize, but I believe fans stick with their teams through good times and bad and you never know, you just may be rewarded some day (like Cubs fans...). One thing I learned when we played at Notre Dame: The South Bend community will put 80,000 fans in the seats every weekend, even in the worst of seasons. I think UConn fans need to realize that firm support of the fan community year after year is one of the most important measures of success. The program can survive a losing season, and even multiple losing season, but it can't survive the lack of a fan base. In fact, if anything keeps us out of a major conference, it is because our fan base is soft. No conference is going to consider a program where there is a lack of commitment from the alumni and fan base. Again, it doesn't mean that we don't have a right to criticize.

Also... I enjoy the Rent and I enjoy the experience. I enjoy tailgating and I appreciate the comraderie in the parking lot as well as in the stands. It's a lot more fun when the place is packed. So... I'll be renewing my tickets. Good news is that with all you people leaving, maybe I'll get better seats...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

You are in the minority I'm afraid. We don't have nearly the history of ND, we haven't built up the decades of fan base good will, and they haven't been nearly as awful as we have for nearly as long. Our performance the last 6 years leads to a steep decline in attendance at any school in the country- not even factoring in the conference demotion. Fans are not bad for acting rationally and deciding they have better ways to spend their time and money. They will come back when the team gives them reason to feel excitement and hope. That's gone at the moment and getting harder to ever get back.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
1998-2016: Whaler's season tickets if he's back.

Here is the rub... if they can't fire him for 3.5 MM on Jan 2, 2017... IT IS THE SAME NUMBER UNTIL 1/2/18.

Reaction Score
My decision on re-upping will be based on my health and not who the coach is. I have had some health issues this year and because of it missed the last two home games and had to leave the last quarter of the UCF game. The first Rent games I've missed. Hopefully I will be able to attend all the games next year. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom