Poll: Renewing Season Tix if Diaco Stays? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Poll: Renewing Season Tix if Diaco Stays?

If Diaco is our coach next year, will you renew your season tickets?

• yes

Votes: 103 34.2%
  • no

Votes: 163 54.2%
  • cutting down

Votes: 35 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I understand what you are suggesting, but that's unreasonable and would not fly. First of all, the total athletic budget is around $72M. So to come up with $3.4 million would mean cutting 5% which would be a draconian task. To put the $3.4 million into perspective, the Women's basketball program currently operates on a budget of approximately $7-8 million. Obviously you wouldn't cut in to one of the bigger programs, which means you'd have to pretty much eliminate smaller programs to find that kind of money. On top of that, all of the cuts would have to come from current men's sports programs, otherwise the proportional Title IX spending would be thrown out of whack.

Also, since the university currently subsidizes the athletics program to the tune of $28 million, mainly coming from tuition, spending that money on firing someone would be a PR nightmare. The university is already under heavy scrutiny for the high subsidy amount. The administration would lose their jobs in a heartbeat if they did that.

tin foil dave.jpg

Reaction Score
It happens in organizations all over the world every day.

Your premise is that they lose their jobs if they do the right thing but will keep them for doing the wrong thing.

What will happen to them next year when they have a 1-11 trainwreck on their hands and even less money.

You want $3.4 million of unrestricted funds to just appear and I'm nuts?

They'd be doing the right thing for the football program at the expense of every other athletic program.

The exact same thing as this year. They will go to their donors and they will say we want to make a coaching change, but we need $1.7 million from you. If the donors want to fund the buyout, then they will. If not, then they will not.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You want $3.4 million of unrestricted funds to just appear and I'm nuts?

They'd be doing the right thing for the football program at the expense of every other athletic program.

The exact same thing as this year. They will go to their donors and they will say we want to make a coaching change, but we need $1.7 million from you. If the donors want to fund the buyout, then they will. If not, then they will not.

Ok - they are going to do it your way because they are inept.

So next year at this time we can all have the conversation about how
not finding the 3.4 million now ended up costing a lot more.

Last edited:

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I hate spending other peoples money but IF UConn really wanted him gone it is easy to find the $$$

Explain to Ray you are really donating to BB and P5....

upload_2016-12-8_13-57-5.png

Reaction Score
I hate spending other peoples money but IF UConn really wanted him gone it is easy to find the $$$

Explain to Ray you are really donating to BB and P5....

View attachment 17503

This is exactly all it boils down to: whether the donors wants to put the money up or not. So far the answer is no.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Dealing with Mr. "I'm a better fan than you" is getting real old real quick. No answers... just judging and condescension. We'd be real as a fan base if everyone were like you. Here's to hoping you aren't long for these parts.

Reaction Score
Dealing with Mr. "I'm a better fan than you" is getting real old real quick. No answers... just judging and condescension. We'd be real as a fan base if everyone were like you. Here's to hoping you aren't long for these parts.

No answers to what questions?

To fire Bob Diaco you need money. We don't have the money. Unless a donor comes forward with a check there isn't an answer.

Reaction Score
So put a good team on the field and I'll show up. Put a bad team on the field and I won't.

Sunny weather and I'll come, but if it's raining I'll stay home. That is the text book definition of being a fair weather fan. It is okay to be that. Many are. But don't try to excuse yourself because you think your season ticket protest is for a higher cause. It isn't. It's nothing more than you don;t like to see them losing so you won't go. But you like to see them win, so when they are winning you'll go. That's being a fair weather fan. Don't get me wrong, you can be one to try and make a point that your won't patronize a team that is not making any progress, but it is what it is.

Show up with a bag over your head and boo the day lights out of HCBD. Otherwise you made the choice to not show up because losing isn't enjoyable. With that you have decided not to support the team in troubling times.

I already boo'ed the clown enough last year. Waste of energy. He thinks his poo don't smell.

Reaction Score
No answers to what questions?

To fire Bob Diaco you need money. We don't have the money. Unless a donor comes forward with a check there isn't an answer.

I donated my Saturdays to the program. I took them back until he's gone

Reaction Score
You showed up for the years the that team was doing well, and now when the team is facing hard times you've bailed. I don't see any other construing of the meaning.
You're kidding, right? The team has been facing hard times for the past 5+ seasons. People who still have season tickets are hard core and have stuck with the team through some terrible times. If someone bailed after year 1 or 2 of PP/GDL, that is fair weathered. Someone bailing after 5+ years of a train wreck is not fair weathered.

Reaction Score
Why can't we just can Diaco and throw the boat at PJ fleck? I don't care about the money. That's the idiot Malloy and his fellow democrats problem in my opinion.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Why can't we just can Diaco and throw the boat at PJ fleck? I don't care about the money. That's the idiot Malloy and his fellow democrats problem in my opinion.
Fleck reportedly interested in P5 opportunities only.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Well, bleed blue got Whaler riled up.
Not many more ways to say it, Mr Auburn has been quiet. He either ponies up by sh$t canning Bobby by 1/1 or folks drop off the season tix train big time.
Tic toc tic toc.
Tired of this small time attitude by our AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom