Poll: Renewing Season Tix if Diaco Stays? | The Boneyard

Poll: Renewing Season Tix if Diaco Stays?

If Diaco is our coach next year, will you renew your season tickets?

• yes

Votes: 103 34.2%
  • no

Votes: 163 54.2%
  • cutting down

Votes: 35 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Helping @Athlete94 out here (next time just scroll down past "create thread" and you'll see where you can make a poll). Mods maybe pin this so if the AD happens to come by there's no way they won't see this

I'm in San Diego so I haven't had season tickets lately, but if I were back in New England I would, unless Diaco is retained. In that case, I would not renew. He has completely lost the team. He looks lost himself. I don't know how they can expect people to pay for another year of his nonsense. There are people who think it has metastasized to the basketball team.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Helping @Athlete94 out here (next time just scroll down past "create thread" and you'll see where you can make a poll). Mods maybe pin this so if the AD happens to come by there's no way they won't see this
Thanks, didn't see that!

Reaction Score
Reposting in here
dd-jpg.17192

Reaction Score
Reposting in here
dd-jpg.17192

Send this to Benedict so he can see why we don't believe a word out of this guys mouth anymore. There is a long history of this delusion. After reading Jacobs column today and finding out that Diaco would not just say that Bryant had an injury for seven games and couldn't fight it any longer so we are starting the freshman, how can anyone believe him? First he did a huge disservice to Shirreffs and then he created a fantastic story involving parents, player etc. that really seems like baloney. He needs to go and one more year of this is dereliction of duty by the powers that be at UCONN.

Reaction Score
There are 9 in our group so it's not my call. But I have no problem not donating and sitting upstairs. Go the discounted ticket route. Probably still be able to sit in our section.
Totally against donating if Diaco stays.

Reaction Score
I'm still struggling to find a job. If the planets align and I find a magic lamp while catching a leprechaun at the end of the rainbow who's carrying a four leaf clover and rabbits foot and I find a job by time they go on sale, I'm in for one season ticket at the Top of the Rent.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm keeping the six in 241 next year but I doubt I'll get the extra (family section) seats I bought to give away nor do I think I'll buy any additional giveaway seats.

They will need to show me something to get me back after 2017, which is something I never would have thought possible before this year.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I can afford the the cheapo season tics (2), but I park down Silver Lane and walk to save on parking. For the first time in my life I contributed to a political campaign this election (twice actually). I would happily contribute an equal amount to the AD Dept/Football program next year since there is no election.

NOTE TO THE A.D: I will do NEITHER if Bob Diaco is still head coach when season tickets become available in 2017. I will not provide financial support to pay the salary of an individual who has demonstrated no capacity function at the level that his salary demands. Contrawise, if Mr. Diaco's contract is bought out and a new head coach is hired, I will immediately buy season tickets and match my '16 political contributions with contributions to the UConn AD (and more if resources allow). This is not a threat nor an attempt at coercion; I trust that the A.D. will be deliberate and thoughtful in doing what is in the best interest of moving the entire UConn Athletic Department Forward so that all may perform at the highest level.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm still struggling to find a job. If the planets align and I find a magic lamp while catching a leprechaun at the end of the rainbow who's carrying a four leaf clover and rabbits foot and I find a job by time they go on sale, I'm in for one season ticket at the Top of the Rent.
Don't bother. I'm sure between folks here giving away free tix and scalpers you can get tickets for every home game for a total of $30 and that might be a bit high. Seeing how no one will be there you can choose your seat so it won't matter where the tix are supposed to have you sit.

Reaction Score
My mood right now says NO - and I will go the route of just buying tickets for the games I want to attend (BC and Missouri is about it right now), but my heart may change when the emails come out to renew and a little time has passed. A HUGE factor will be who he hires to coordinate is offense, and coach the OL. If those choices are uninspiring I will definitely not renew.

I support the University and the teams, not the coaches. But right now I am beyond disgusted with where Diaco has taken this program. I thought we hit rock bottom with PP, but BD came in, grabbed a jack hammer and shovels, and began digging. If he is around for another season (and I believe he will be) he needs to say less and do more. No more outlandish statements and used car salesman tactics of over promising and under delivering. Just STFU, coach and develop players, hire a competent staff around you, and start winning games.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
My mood right now says NO - and I will go the route of just buying tickets for the games I want to attend (BC and Missouri is about it right now), but my heart may change when the emails come out to renew and a little time has passed. A HUGE factor will be who he hires to coordinate is offense, and coach the OL. If those choices are uninspiring I will definitely not renew.

I support the University and the teams, not the coaches. But right now I am beyond disgusted with where Diaco has taken this program. I thought we hit rock bottom with PP, but BD came in, grabbed a jack hammer and shovels, and began digging. If he is around for another season (and I believe he will be) he needs to say less and do more. No more outlandish statements and used car salesman tactics of over promising and under delivering. Just , coach and develop players, hire a competent staff around you, and start winning games.

I'd like to see some acknowledgement that what is happening is not acceptable for a D1 program. Not that we are having a tough time, but what we are doing isn't what the 60 or so successful programs are doing.

Reaction Score
40 votes in and it's 60/30/10 between NO/YES/CUTTING BACK.

I feel like I'm watching a Brexit type vote or something

You should have made the votes visible... with the angst going on I'm positive there are non-season ticket holders voting no. :D.

Reaction Score
You should have made the votes visible... with the angst going on I'm positive there are non-season ticket holders voting no. :D.
Do you not have a button "view results" next to "cast your vote"?

I set the settings so that you didn't have to vote to view results

Reaction Score
I said no, but UConn is gonna have to really convince me to renew should they keep diaco. A new coach and my dad and I are gonna renew.

Reaction Score
Do you not have a button "view results" next to "cast your vote"?

I set the settings so that you didn't have to vote to view results

I do - I can see the totals. There is an option that shows who voted for what category ;)

Reaction Score
I do - I can see the totals. There is an option that shows who voted for what category ;)
I respect people's privacy when it comes to voting too much I guess!

"Skoreboard" update: I have been watching the responses fairly closely, watching the numbers change by a vote or two at a time. The numbers have been incredibly stable since we passed 10 votes; it has been roughly 60/30 between NO/YES the entire time as the response pool has now doubled. This is becoming a significant statistical trend.

BTW, never expected even 75 people to respond. Thanks for the feedback everyone. I spread the word to the other two forums now that we are actually getting a good size response.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger