Poll: Renewing Season Tix if Diaco Stays? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Poll: Renewing Season Tix if Diaco Stays?

If Diaco is our coach next year, will you renew your season tickets?

• yes

Votes: 103 34.2%
  • no

Votes: 163 54.2%
  • cutting down

Votes: 35 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On the verge of 300 votes now, with "yes" now up to 99 votes, "no" up to 159, and "cutting down" up to 36, with the overall percentage responding the latter two still up around 66% total.

While the overall percentages have shifted slightly with "yes" gaining a few points, the results of the sampling indicate that UConn football will lose at least 235 season tickets from 2/3 of this one population. Considering the population sampled, I would be very very concerned if I were in the AD.

If I were on twitter I'd tweet these results over to the administration

The argument can be made to include the "cutting down" with the renewing group. If I have 6 season tickets and drop to 5 (for whatever reason) it's a bit different than not renewing at all - they are still getting revenue?

Not renewing = 54.1% (159)
Renewing/Cutting down = 45.9% (135)

Losing season ticket holders for any reason at this point in history is still not good for the program in any regard.

Reaction Score
The argument can be made to include the "cutting down" with the renewing group. If I have 6 season tickets and drop to 5 (for whatever reason) it's a bit different than not renewing at all - they are still getting revenue?

Losing season ticket holders for any reason at this point in history is still not good for the program in any regard.
The real point of this was to determine how many season ticket subscriptions will be lost if Diaco is retained for next season. If someone answered "cutting down", they are reducing their subscription by at least one ticket. Similarly, someone who responded "no" is likely not renewing multiple subscriptions.

So we can assume that at least 235 tickets' worth of revenue can be expected to be lost, from this population and sample alone.

Reaction Score
The real point of this was to determine how many season ticket subscriptions will be lost if Diaco is retained for next season. If someone answered "cutting down", they are reducing their subscription by at least one ticket. Similarly, someone who responded "no" is likely not renewing multiple subscriptions.

So we can assume that at least 235 tickets' worth of revenue can be expected to be lost, from this population and sample alone.

Unless the revenue from those tickets are more than $5 million it won't change anything.

Reaction Score
Where does the 235 come from again?
159 folks said "no" indicating they are not renewing any season tickets. Conservatively assuming just one loss per vote there.

36 folks said "cutting down" indicating that they will be, again assuming (slightly less) conservatively that at least one loss per vote there as well.

Added together, we are at a very conservative 235 total

Reaction Score
199 folks said "no" indicating they are not renewing any season tickets. Conservatively assuming just one loss per vote there.

36 folks said "cutting down" indicating that they will be, again assuming (slightly less) conservatively that at least one loss per vote there as well.

Added together, we are at a very conservative 235 total

Are my eyes bad or does the number at the top in the poll say 159 said "no"?

Reaction Score
I was so excited for this season... Coming off 6 wins with a lot of returning players. The fact that we won 3 games and the coach thinks he can easily fix everything is a joke. I have no desire to go to the games next year. I will probably go... but if they have a slow start, I will be done until Bob is gone. No excitement going into next season. Boring coach, boring team. Excuses after excuses

Reaction Score
159 said no, 99 said yes, 36 cutting down.

I look forward to D3 games next season. Don't know if I'll see the game against Mizzou. Diaco is that embarrassing.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score

If these were numbers that applied to my business I'd look at them this way: Since nobody is reporting how many tickets they are or aren't reporting, the "cutting down" number really isn't very useful unless I can put it in historical context; what has been the % of "cut downs" year by year? Since we entered the BCS? Since Diaco took over? Also, what is the trend of those who are increasing their number of season tickets? One would counterbalance the other in terms of actual numbers. Really the stark number is the 54% not renewing. If our sample is decent the rest doesn't really matter; that is a disastrous number, especially when you factor in the probable profile of the respondents ('Yarders being arguably the most loyal season ticket holders and the most difficult to scare away).

If I were the AD and I saw those numbers I would be $#!tt!ng bricks and moving mountains to try and meet the buyout costs, even if it meant waiting until the 2017 date.

Reaction Score
Hey Bobby boy.... go bleep yourself you self centered bleeperbleeper. Leave the state of CT and never come back... unless you bring in some Temple decommits of course.

Reaction Score
I've had 7 tickets for the past 5 years. 5 of the people in my group are out. My wife and I shall continue to buy 2. We're also getting 2 parking passes, and the other 5 will go tailgate, and if they can find $5-10 scalped tix, they'll go in. If not, they'll go home.

A group we tailgate with for past 3 years has 8. They're getting the minimum for 2 parking passes, and then leaving to go bowling and watch the game from the alley.

Reaction Score
I understand I'm probably going to get run out of the joint, but I really have to say this. I'm not happy with the results and wish we were in a better spot just as much as anyone here. I've gone to pretty much every single home game for the past 10 years or so (with the exception of 3-4 due to deaths) and have suffered through as much awfulness as possible for the past 6 years.

With that said, in my opinion, those 160 who said they will not renew are the textbook definition of fair weather fans. And you can come at me and disagree with me all you want, which I know you all will, but when you do all I ask is that you post a link to the definition of what a fair weather fan is and then explain to me how its not you.

Reaction Score
I understand I'm probably going to get run out of the joint, but I really have to say this. I'm not happy with the results and wish we were in a better spot just as much as anyone here. I've gone to pretty much every single home game for the past 10 years or so (with the exception of 3-4 due to deaths) and have suffered through as much awfulness as possible for the past 6 years.

With that said, in my opinion, those 160 who said they will not renew are the textbook definition of fair weather fans. And you can come at me and disagree with me all you want, which I know you all will, but when you do all I ask is that you post a link to the definition of what a fair weather fan is and then explain to me how its not you.

lol okay bud.... just because they won't buy tickets doesn't mean they won't watch. It costs money and a lot of time to go to the games, which are no longer enjoyable. Put a good, or at least exciting, team on the field and they'll be back.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

Lol call them whatever you want but it should be no surprise, to anyone, that 6 years of a poor product negatively impacts attendance. Fair weather or not we need them back, so what's your point?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

To me it's not that they lose. I was there in 2000/2001 etc. It's that the administration seems hell bent on completely destroying the program.

Diaco coming back is foolish.

Reaction Score
Okay then, from Urban Dictionary

"A fan of a sports team who only shows support when the team is doing well. During hard times they usuallybandwagon other teams. They basically have no real loyalty to the team, but still manage to get better seats than you at the game. Strangely they mysteriously vanish at the first sign of trouble."

You're the one making the claim so the burden falls on you to fit all 160 of us in to that definition, but when you do all I ask is that you post a link to the respective definitions of "first sign of trouble" and "loyalty" and square them with we 160 having just endured year six of this abomination with no relief in sight. Or maybe post the (colloquial) definition of insanity and explain to me how that is not you.

Think before you post.

Reaction Score
Lol call them whatever you want but it should be no surprise, to anyone, that 6 years of a poor product negatively impacts attendance. Fair weather or not we need them back, so what's your point?

I completely understand not wanting to buy tickets and suffering through the worst times of the program. It happens with every fan base. Just know what you are. If you're good with just showing up for the good times I'm happy for youl

Reaction Score
Okay then, from Urban Dictionary

"A fan of a sports team who only shows support when the team is doing well. During hard times they usuallybandwagon other teams. They basically have no real loyalty to the team, but still manage to get better seats than you at the game. Strangely they mysteriously vanish at the first sign of trouble."

You're the one making the claim so the burden falls on you to fit all 160 of us in to that definition, but when you do all I ask is that you post a link to the respective definitions of "first sign of trouble" and "loyalty" and square them with we 160 having just endured year six of this abomination with no relief in sight. Or maybe post the (colloquial) definition of insanity and explain to me how that is not you.

Think before you post.

So if you bail now when we're at our lowest point but come back when we're winning that's okay with you? I did think before I posted. I knew I would catch flak because its not popular to say we stink but show up anyway. Insanity is what I am. I am insane for UConn, and you can GFY if you're not. Believe it or not, it makes no difference at all if you go or not. You want HCBD out? Great! Raise the $5MM pr $3.4 MM to buy him out. Other wise he is the coach of your football program, like it our not, and there 100 kids who are entrusting him to guide them to better players on the field and better men off the field.

But at the end of the day you wanted me to fit you in to the definition you posted, right? Well here goes: You showed up for the years the that team was doing well, and now when the team is facing hard times you've bailed. I don't see any other construing of the meaning.

Reaction Score
lol okay bud.... just because they won't buy tickets doesn't mean they won't watch. It costs money and a lot of time to go to the games, which are no longer enjoyable. Put a good, or at least exciting, team on the field and they'll be back.

So put a good team on the field and I'll show up. Put a bad team on the field and I won't.

Sunny weather and I'll come, but if it's raining I'll stay home. That is the text book definition of being a fair weather fan. It is okay to be that. Many are. But don't try to excuse yourself because you think your season ticket protest is for a higher cause. It isn't. It's nothing more than you don;t like to see them losing so you won't go. But you like to see them win, so when they are winning you'll go. That's being a fair weather fan. Don't get me wrong, you can be one to try and make a point that your won't patronize a team that is not making any progress, but it is what it is.

Show up with a bag over your head and boo the day lights out of HCBD. Otherwise you made the choice to not show up because losing isn't enjoyable. With that you have decided not to support the team in troubling times.

Reaction Score
To me it's not that they lose. I was there in 2000/2001 etc. It's that the administration seems hell bent on completely destroying the program.

Diaco coming back is foolish.

Without any other factors in play, Diaco 100% should be let go. But without deep pockets providing the $5MM or $3.4MM he is your coach. And UConn is your favorite football program. You can like that they'e winning and not like them when they're losing. That is rationale. But to say you won't support them because they are in troubling times is the textbook definition of a fair weather fan. You want to influence the administration? Show up and boo the out of them. But to defend yourself against being a fair weather fan is something you cannot do, whether it is warranted or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Without any other factors in play, Diaco 100% should be let go. But without deep pockets providing the $5MM or $3.4MM he is your coach. And UConn is your favorite football program. You can like that they'e winning and not like them when they're losing. That is rationale. But to say you won't support them because they are in troubling times is the textbook definition of a fair weather fan. You want to influence the administration? Show up and boo the out of them. But to defend yourself against being a fair weather fan is something you cannot do, whether it is warranted or not.

I've been to every home football game but one since 1998. I've been to dozens of places to watch UConn get beat in games I knew they would lose. You'll need quite a definition of fair-weather to stick me with it.

Here is what you and the adminstration don't get. If they don't make the move now the 2017 and 2018 recruiting classes are shot and the buyout until 1/2/18 is still.... 3.4 million.

So if you don't move now - you lose the next two recruiting classes and spend the same amount of money.

But people like me are the problem: I only went to 8 full games in person and watched the other 4 on TV. I watched pretty much every wretched play of the season. I'm tired of complete incompetence from the AD and I'm tired of listening to the idiot head coach. 1,000 apologies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

You know what - I support the GD programs enough that even though the basketball team doesn't play a single interesting OOC game at home after 4 NCs in 2 decades..

I spent 7 hours going round trip to MSG on a frigging Monday and spent $300+ all in to sit in the second to last row.

I'm a fair weather fan? Call me when you've driven to Newark Delaware for an A-10 game. So whichever dipsh!t poster you used to be - GFY.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
We need every marginal fan we can get and we've got the Fan Police here trying to chide people for being fair weather. YOU are part of the problem, holier than thou new guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom