Poll: Renewing Season Tix if Diaco Stays? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Poll: Renewing Season Tix if Diaco Stays?

If Diaco is our coach next year, will you renew your season tickets?

• yes

Votes: 103 34.2%
  • no

Votes: 163 54.2%
  • cutting down

Votes: 35 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll absolutely continue to go secondary market, strictly because I can never decide if I will bother going to the game... Not to mention it's cheaper... AND the last 2 home games this year they couldn't pay me to go to...

Reaction Score
Up to 249(!!!) votes, still sitting at 70% not renewing in full or not renewing at all (57%)

I think we have a big enough sample size to start tweeting a link of this thread to the administration. They have to see this.

Reaction Score
Season tickets since 2002.
Will absolutely renew.
Chance to get better seats....
Do I like the last 6 years?
No...
Man....What a sheet show!!!
Embarrassing.... yes.
Things will get better. call me Crazy.
But I will always support my school
And the players wearing American Flag Blue and white.

Reaction Score
Season tickets since 2002.
Will absolutely renew.
Chance to get better seats....
Do I like the last 6 years?
No...
Man....What a sheet show!!!
Embarrassing.... yes.
Things will get better. call me Crazy.
But I will always support my school
And the players wearing American Flag Blue and white.
In the same boat (season ticket holder since my freshman year in 2006).

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I voted no, but that is strictly for me. I'm not the keeper of the seats and don't know what the rest of the group will do, though with me being the only alum I don't think the chances are good they'll come back.
I love my school, but this came down to entertainment dollars and i'm not entertained. I spend 7-8 hours there every home game, so I'm giving up a full day only to go home unhappy/pissed off. I'll probably go to more hockey games and try to take in some hoops, both of which suffer due to the football season tickets. If the team shows a little promise, maybe I'll buy single game tickets to a couple games (BC, maybe Mizzou), but that's only if things go way better than expected.

Reaction Score
I voted yes but the athletic department has to start doing special events for season ticket holders and donors. Our family gives good money to the school and buys football and men and women tickets, yet they do very little for us. Its time for them to show us some appreciation instead of asking for more.

DAC17

Once upon a time, would never miss a game
Reaction Score
If they don't buy out Disasco, the only possible move is to rejoin the Big East for all other sports and move to a lower conference in football (MAC?). I'm not convinced anyone can get the job done from such a deep hole in the Northeast. Football is, unfortunately, not in our culture here. Show me another long-term football success in the Northeast. I haven't found one yet, other than the Giants and Pats!

Reaction Score
I believe things will get better. I was around when BB wasn't at the top. Lack of fan support does more to harm a program than a bad coach. I will renew my 3 lower level blue chair backs regardless of Diaco. I thought hiring a defensive coordinator was the wrong move but hoped I'd be proven wrong. I'm still hoping for a Power 5 bid and although a winning football team is important I believe having filled stadium is more important.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
If they don't buy out Disasco, the only possible move is to rejoin the Big East for all other sports and move to a lower conference in football (MAC?). I'm not convinced anyone can get the job done from such a deep hole in the Northeast. Football is, unfortunately, not in our culture here. Show me another long-term football success in the Northeast. I haven't found one yet, other than the Giants and Pats!

The MAC is not an option for football only. They threw UMASS out of the league for that reason. In fact, very few of the mid or low major conferences would want a football only member, short of somebody ridiculous like Notre Dame.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
When Diaco takes the team onto the field against Holy Cross next August, we'll be lucky to have 10K season ticket holders... Get ready!

10,000? That might be wildly optimistic. What did we sell this season, 17,000 or so? You lose more than half of that and you're looking at 7-8,000. If we sell 8,000 you're looking at crowds generally in the range of 15,000 - 20,000 max. On a good day with a good opponent, the place will be roughly half full.

Last edited:

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
10,000? That might be wildly optimistic. What did we sell this season, 17,000 or so? You lose more than half of that and you're looking at 7-8,000. If we sell 8,000 you're looking at crowds generally in the range of 15,000 - 20,000 max. On a good day with a good opponent, the place will be roughly half full.
That's probably true. Didn't we sell like 24K the year Diaco took over? Wow, we've fallen... Imagine the crowd for Mizzou? It'll be pathetic showing for a SEC school coming to town.

Reaction Score
Yes. Have had season tix since Rentschler opened and have been part of so many great wins.
I have no use for Diaco but I can't make my loyalty to my school based on the coach. Just the same, I will make my views known in no uncertain terms. He has brought us to lows I never contemplated and I have absolutely no confidence that he can fix it. He has to go as soon as practicable.

Reaction Score
Have only been a season ticket holder since 2014, so I've been with the Diaco led team from the beginning. The improvement we all hoped would happen when HCBD took over has faded too a distance memory. Still, I will stick with my 2 season tickets for next season because I am Connecticut born and raised and will stay loyal to my State school. And I want to be on hand when the turn-around happens, with or without HCBD. Eternal optimist I guess.....:rolleyes:

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Many are saying they will just buy tickets on the secondary market. But if no one buys tickets to begin with, will there even be a secondary market? There has to be a primary market for there to be a secondary market.

This is said somewhat tongue-in-cheek....but it is a sad thought to even consider.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Many are saying they will just buy tickets on the secondary market. But if no one buys tickets to begin with, will there even be a secondary market? There has to be a primary market for there to be a secondary market.

This is said somewhat tongue-in-cheek....but it is a sad thought to even consider.
True USG . But it is all about the parking pass. I have sold those when nobody sniffed the tix. Blue pass.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
True USG . But it is all about the parking pass. I have sold those when nobody sniffed the tix. Blue pass.

True.

But sadly--if we are only getting 8k fans per game, the Blue pass losses it's value. They will only need one "blue lot"--leaving the "red lot" in the old "blue lot" location. Heck, we could even have reserved spaces if our attendance gets low enough! :(

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
We'll know more in 31 days

Reaction Score
30-4o for the Cuse and UVa game
Parked over at the Aircraft club for 20 bucks for the Virginia game. Easy in, easy out, great place to tailgate. Paid $50 for the tickets ahead of time. Always parked in the Blue lot when we had season tickets for those 13 years. Glad we got to see a win before the season went into the outhouse. Couldn't even say the toilet, that was too sanitary.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
This poll needs to be killed because the more time that passes, the numbers will get more balanced as people weaken and reconsider. That's a major problem with our program. We complain and express our outrage and then ultimately accept our situation. The definition of insanity.

Reaction Score
True.

But sadly--if we are only getting 8k fans per game, the Blue pass losses it's value. They will only need one "blue lot"--leaving the "red lot" in the old "blue lot" location. Heck, we could even have reserved spaces if our attendance gets low enough! :(
I have floated that balloon to ticket reps...ie, the idea of paying extra to get the same spot for all home games. Would make it a whole lot easier for tailgate visitors if they knew we were in the same spot every gameand they didn't have to run the gauntlet of inconsiderate people who block the whole driveway with their tables/chairs/games

Reaction Score

Ill just wait till they give tickets for free when they are trying to make up the money with parking and concessions

Reaction Score
On the verge of 300 votes now, with "yes" now up to 99 votes, "no" up to 159, and "cutting down" up to 36, with the overall percentage responding the latter two still up around 66% total.

While the overall percentages have shifted slightly with "yes" gaining a few points, the results of the sampling indicate that UConn football will lose at least 235 season tickets from 2/3 of this one population. Considering the population sampled, I would be very very concerned if I were in the AD.

If I were on twitter I'd tweet these results over to the administration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul