Poll: Renewing Season Tix if Diaco Stays? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Poll: Renewing Season Tix if Diaco Stays?

If Diaco is our coach next year, will you renew your season tickets?

• yes

Votes: 103 34.2%
  • no

Votes: 163 54.2%
  • cutting down

Votes: 35 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our group is considering hosting a "game party" at a designated house for games instead of getting tickets next year. I'm sure we will or at least get one ticket so we keep our gray parking pass. Don't even know if that even matters or what the rules are so I might be saying some stupid things.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I took my own poll on Saturday. The folks in front of us are coming back. And the folks behind us are coming back. So at least I'll still be with a good crew.

Reaction Score
I took my own poll on Saturday. The folks in front of us are coming back. And the folks behind us are coming back. So at least I'll still be with a good crew.
Misery loves company

Reaction Score
200 votes now in. I think this will pretty much be the end of the poll. I honestly never even thought that there were 200 season ticket holders active on this forum. Thanks for all the feedback. Fairly shocking results in my opinion.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
8 tix and we will renew.

I left after the first INT - I gave the offense a chance.

IF this poll is to be believed we are PHLUKED.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
1998-2016: Whaler's season tickets if he's back.

Here is the rub... if they can't fire him for 3.5 MM on Jan 2, 2017... IT IS THE SAME NUMBER UNTIL 1/2/18.

EXACTLY. If UConn can't fire him because of $5M, what makes everyone so sure we can fire him at $3.4M? And that $3.4M lasts a full 2017 calendar year. That means, we will begin our new coach search at the tail end of next year's coaching carousel. That's two recruiting classes lost and two years lost that we could desperately use to rebuild the football program back to, at the very least, a competent level again. 2017 will be a lost season and another 2014 "practice season" is very much on the table.

Bite the GD bullet and turn the page now. I have to hope that UConn would have never agreed to such a ridiculous buyout increase if it didn't have some kind of an idea of how to pay it should something like the 2016 season happen.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
When Diaco takes the team onto the field against Holy Cross next August, we'll be lucky to have 10K season ticket holders... Get ready!

Reaction Score
Will not renew. I'm going to get tix from scalpers instead. I'll be at all the games and will spend way less money

This is where I am. I will go to every game next season but will not give 1 cent in donations if Diaco is retained. I will buy on secondary market. I will not be renewing my 2 upper chair backs.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
My decision on re-upping will be based on my health and not who the coach is. I have had some health issues this year and because of it missed the last two home games and had to leave the last quarter of the UCF game. The first Rent games I've missed. Hopefully I will be able to attend all the games next year. Time will tell.

Good health comes first. I hope you get better!!

Reaction Score
Most of us are pretty upset about how things ended. We're emotional right now. In April, who knows how we'll feel. Maybe we'll have a brand new OC who seems awesome. (Though I am not hopeful).

As others have stated, there's basically no incentive to get season tickets. Even if BC/Mizzou tickets are expensive, people practically give tickets away to Tulane, UCF, etc. Between promo codes and an empty stadium, might as well just get whatever you can week to week and sit wherever you want (or at least until someone yells at you, which happens to me a lot).

Reaction Score
I dunno. I haven't decided yet.

I always say I'm done with season tickets but then the excitement of a new season gets me and I end up buying them anyway. I even upgraded this year.

Reaction Score
I stopped renewing after the FHCPP era. I was waiting for Bob to show some promise, but that hasn't come. I guess I will wait.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I will renew because I like tailgating and a few games are fun. I might go to 3 games next year though.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Would it be a fair assumption that if 60% of Boneyarders are reporting not buying season tickets next year, then the % of other season ticket holders following suit would be least equal and probably higher?

Reaction Score
Just wanted to share a personal story on the off chance someone from the AD actually reads this thread.

I went to my first UConn football game as a sophmore the last year at Memorial. I grew up a diehard UConn basketball fan but decided to give football a shot since we were going D-1. Somewhere I have a picture of my friends and I on the field at the final game when the cops decided to haphazardly pepper spray everyone in sight. The following year I purchased season tickets, loved the tailgating and big game atmosphere and tried to convert as many friends as I could into fans. Over the years our group grew to the point where we took up most of a row at the Aero lot for our tailgating crew. The 3 year cycle for Michigan I had 16 season tickets and rarely was there much difficulty finding someone who wanted them.

The past few years eroded the usual group down to just a few and this season, with my friend back studying at UConn, we went the route of buying the friends and family tickets the week of the game as we got sick of eating tickets each game. When it's warm and optimism still abounds they came out, but the product was boring and frustrating and by the final two games of the season I couldn't get a soul to come join me even as I offered free tickets and food. They'd still watch, just from the comfort of their homes, and eventually switch to another game as Diaco's madness drove them away.

After the Tulane game, a friend who lives all of 5 minutes from the Rent sent a group message to the crew offering to hold viewing parties at his house next season, telling us we can tailgate in the backyard and watch the game on his giant tv. "I won't set foot in The Rent again as long as that clown is on the sidelines" was what he said, and sadly pretty much everyone agreed. With a new coach they'd come back, but Diaco is a laughingstock and needs to go. I'm guessing that's how pretty much the entire fanbase feels right now.

Reaction Score
I've been pretty vocal about not renewing and it's a crying shame. Missed two home games since the Rent opened,both due to weddings before this year and didn't go to two more this year by choice. Can't say I 'missed' going at all. Fiasco has turned it into drudgery.

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score
Just wanted to share a personal story on the off chance someone from the AD actually reads this thread.

Perhaps we need a "Dear Athletic Director" thread on this board so DB and his staff can quickly locate our feedback.

We can even have Key Feedback and Non-Key Feedback threads. I keed I keed.

Reaction Score
I dunno. I haven't decided yet.
I always say I'm done with season tickets but then the excitement of a new season gets me and I end up buying them anyway. I even upgraded this year.

Armory, no personal attack here but everyone upgraded this year. :) You could sit anywhere you wanted to. ;)
For a chuckle....I went to our area scalper to get a cheap ticket for an additional attendee for Tulane and he asked me for tickets! Got one at the box for $15.00 which they would not offer earlier in the season. The funny part was the lady was giving me options of seats available, I simply told her close your eyes and push a button as it does not matter, the lot is empty. :(

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Me? Secondary Market and finding a blue parking pass on stub hub prior.

Went from 8 when the stadium opened and got pushed back rows for not donating enough in
Have had six for some time (plus 3 parking passes)

Donating for a seat license and paying full pop is like Diaco picking my pockets. Plus Benedict is laughing at me.

Reaction Score
Will continue to go via secondary market.

If they had a promo for free tix for the Maine game this year, wonder what the Athletic Dept has in store for next year after this s***show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom