PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer) | Page 20 | The Boneyard

PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Let's get back to Tremont Waters, shall we? His interest from other schools has seemed to pick up.

http://www.scout.com/college/basket...s-vegas-tremont-waters-shines-at-adidas?s=342

"On the recruiting front, Waters has a wide range of college interest. He told Scout the interested parties include UConn, Miami, Yale, Notre Dame, UNC, Stanford, Villanova, Wake Forest, Purdue, West Virginia, Duke, Michigan and Virginia. "It’s early on, but with my dad it’s been an on going process because he’s been talking to the coaches and having great conversation," Waters said."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dynasty said:
I don't know about but I did see Mau post about Johnson being closer to 6'6" than 6'8".

That's not what's being referred to.

Reaction Score
I'm a bit taken back by this discussion. Fans of Women's BB have long been opposed to listing any player's height and weight. That stuff is personal and I applaud them for their stand.

More than that, I'm jumping on that train. No more discussion of players Height and Weight, From here on it's the PC sanctioned Length and Girth.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm a bit taken back by this discussion. Fans of Women's BB have long been opposed to listing any player's height and weight. That stuff is personal and I applaud them for their stand.

More than that, I'm jumping on that train. No more discussion of players Height and Weight, From here on it's the PC sanctioned Length and Girth.

Do yourself a favor and don't visit the Sacha Killeya-Jones thread.

Reaction Score
Boneyard meltdown to a tweet in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
noooo_164.gif

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I think it is interesting that it is an unofficial visit. Dook not wanting to pay?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
It's too early for 2017 kids to take official visits.
And it's too early for Duke to offer. Waters is their 2017 Plan C.

It'll be interesting to see if he reclassifies to 2016, though.

EDIT: And it looks like Duke are about to land Frank Jackson, a 5-star, top-15 PG from 2016. They will be plenty deep enough to say "nah" to Waters, though IMO he'd be a smart recruit for them as a 9th or 10th man who'll stick around for four years.

Last edited:

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
With Duke and Coach K going all in on the one and done game, I predict they offer Waters to fill the role Tyler Ullis does for UK. A small tenacious guard who is very skilled but due to physical limitations isn't a risk of leaving early for the draft. This gives incoming one and dones a veteran leader and someone consistent to run the offense.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
With Duke and Coach K going all in on the one and done game, I predict they offer Waters to fill the role Tyler Ullis does for UK. A small tenacious guard who is very skilled but due to physical limitations isn't a risk of leaving early for the draft. This gives incoming one and dones a veteran leader and someone consistent to run the offense.
Yup. That's exactly what I'd do in their case - and I'd try to get him in 2016 instead of waiting.

Reaction Score
And it's too early for Duke to offer. Waters is their 2017 Plan C.

It'll be interesting to see if he reclassifies to 2016, though.

EDIT: And it looks like Duke are about to land Frank Jackson, a 5-star, top-15 PG from 2016. They will be plenty deep enough to say "nah" to Waters, though IMO he'd be a smart recruit for them as a 9th or 10th man who'll stick around for four years.

Is Waters really a 9th or 10th man at Duke, or are we downplaying his abilities because he doesn't want to come to UConn? I think the kids going to be a great college player. (I'm not saying he's a more prized recruit than a kid like Jackson, but wouldn't he get minutes pretty much anywhere?)

Reaction Score
Is Waters really a 9th or 10th man at Duke, or are we downplaying his abilities because he doesn't want to come to UConn? I think the kids going to be a great college player. (I'm not saying he's a more prized recruit than a kid like Jackson, but wouldn't he get minutes pretty much anywhere?)
No he's not, Waters will be a major player at any school he chooses. Kid is a stud.

Reaction Score
Is Roscoe Smith the only recruit we've ever beaten out Duke for? I know we've beaten Kentucky several times with the likes of Ray Allen, Rudy Gay, Stanley Robinson, Ater Majok and Andre Drummond. We've beaten out KU a handful of times too...but I can't recall any other recruiting wins over Duke.

I hope KO can add Waters to the list.

Reaction Score

It's not just us; Waters has been slowly falling in the rankings as he's gotten older, possibly because his lack of size is becoming more of an issue. I think he's going to be a good college player, but Duke is in a place these days where they can get 5-star recruits most of the time, and that's not Waters.

Reaction Score
It's not just us; Waters has been slowly falling in the rankings as he's gotten older, possibly because his lack of size is becoming more of an issue. I think he's going to be a good college player, but Duke is in a place these days where they can get 5-star recruits most of the time, and that's not Waters.

Waters is ranked 36th in his class on ESPN. Four star players do go to Duke. I have no idea where he'll end up but he wouldn't be a tenth man at Duke.

Reaction Score
Waters is ranked 36th in his class on ESPN. Four star players do go to Duke. I have no idea where he'll end up but he wouldn't be a tenth man at Duke.

Which is a drop, not to mention that he's lower almost everywhere else. His composite is down to 44. Again, he's a good player, and I'd take him if he were on the table, but I don't think he's the type of guy who is guaranteed to be a starter regardless of where he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom