PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer) | Page 18 | The Boneyard

PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Didn't hurt us that much in '14.
Even Boatright is taller than both of these guys though.

I would be very surprised if Waters came here. Just not the ideal fit (post-Gilbert) for a guy who could get just about any other school to offer him besides maybe Duke/Kentucky depending on the year. I would have no problem rooting a small CT kid on if he were to go to a school like Stanford.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think AG is as tall, maybe a hair taller than Boat. Waters probably won't grow. But, after Boat & Bazz, it doesn't worry me. These guys move too.

Reaction Score
Even Boatright is taller than both of these guys though.

I would be very surprised if Waters came here. Just not the ideal fit (post-Gilbert) for a guy who could get just about any other school to offer him besides maybe Duke/Kentucky depending on the year. I would have no problem rooting a small CT kid on if he were to go to a school like Stanford.
Boat is bigger than Waters, but his measurements at the NBA combine are pretty much identical(height, length, and weight) to what Gilbert measured in at last week at the Nike Academy.

Reaction Score
AdamFinkelsteinAdam Finkelstein
Tremont Waters doing Tremont Waters like things + he just dunked it on breakaway.

...which is a very un-Tremont Waters thing to do [the dunk]. Kid keeps getting better - would love for him to be a Husky, but not sure if we'll be too crowded a PG for his liking

Reaction Score
I'm still holding out hope that we somehow land this kid. I just love his game and I can see him being a huge part of Uconn's basketball program for years to come.

Reaction Score
Yeah let's hope we can get involved with this kid. His game sort of reminds me of Steph Curry...enough said.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
My best guess is the thought process went something like this:

"Waters is a really good PG! I'm going to throw out a comparison to another random guy who can be described as a 'really good PG' no matter how dissimilar their games are!"

Reaction Score
I have never read a write-up about Tremont that didn't rave about him. Sure, he doesn't seem like he is coming here, he's small and could be a defensive liability but I have no doubt this kid is going to be a monster scorer in college. He also could be a little more athletic than we give him credit for - he has thrown it down a few times in recent games - not bad for a 5'9 kid.

Reaction Score
I have never read a write-up about Tremont that didn't rave about him. Sure, he doesn't seem like he is coming here, he's small and could be a defensive liability but I have no doubt this kid is going to be a monster scorer in college. He also could be a little more athletic than we give him credit for - he has thrown it down a few times in recent games - not bad for a 5'9 kid.

If he was 5'9" it would matter - 5'6" not as much.

Reaction Score
If he was 5'6, his in game dunks would be way more impressive. I don't think he has that much athleticism.
Going way back (64 - 65), I remember Billy Battle from Middletown who was 5'7" who was pretty athletic and could dunk. Of course Rodock Cox pinned him to the backboard. Cox could leap (at 5' 10").

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
If he was 5'6, his in game dunks would be way more impressive. I don't think he has that much athleticism.

Well now, athleticism--like everything else in this world--is relative. I'm 5'9" and I'm happy to grab net.

That's not the only reason I don't have any D1 scholarship offers, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom