PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer) | Page 17 | The Boneyard

PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This could be interesting given how much the family values academics...

Reaction Score
I coach AAU and my team was at Nationals this past weekend in Boston. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Tremont's team, NE Playaz, were also there. Was the first time I've seen him play in person and I left impressed. His jumper was nearly ripping the net off every time, so pure to watch. I thought he struggled on defense a little bit versus a stronger guard, but overall was very impressed with his game.

Reaction Score
Only thing dropping him is his play, he's originally a 2016 kid so scouts probably realize there's a good chance he is what he is height wise. Tyler Ulis is about the same size and he rose in the rankings every year until he became a top 25ish kid by the end of his senior year.

Tyler Ulis can make a huge impact, lockdown on the defensive side despite his size and he is a solid offensive PG. My understanding is Waters is not a good defender but again, only someone else's opinion who has seen him a couple of times.

Reaction Score
The thing about his defense is that he hasn't got athletic ability or length to challenge a shooter with size or hops, and he hasn't got strength to prevent being posted up. What he has got is quick hands that strip the ball from post players that dribble once to gather themselves or just bring the ball down low, and he is a decent on the ball pest to dribbling guards a la Napier as a freshman. He converts on breakaway steals but even then has to contort his shot to protect the ball with his body if there is even an average sized trailing defender. He also compensates for lack of size by staying close to jump shooters so they have an uncomfortable lack of space to bring the ball to their shooting position.

Reaction Score
Asked around and think uconn is a long shot (take with a grain of salt) . Duke is the team to beat.

Reaction Score
Good to know all the eggs aren't in one basket. one question, why haven't we offered makai ashton-langford? been on campus like 3+ times, and he actually looks like he has more upside than waters. bigger + stronger.

Reaction Score
Asked around and think uconn is a long shot (take with a grain of salt) . Duke is the team to beat.
Normally I would care about losing out on a great in-state product but we are in a good spot with several other great guys at that position that it doesn't matter, Alterique we're looking at you.

Reaction Score
Listen if Waters comes to UConn, he most likely wouldn't start until his junior year. It will be Jalen Adams and Alterique Gilbert as our starting guards with hopefully Hamidou Diallo at the SG/SF. I'm not surprised at all the we're considered a longshot. He wouldn't start right off the bat which is a turnoff to many big time recruits.

Reaction Score
Listen if Waters comes to UConn, he most likely wouldn't start until his junior year. It will be Jalen Adams and Alterique Gilbert as our starting guards with hopefully Hamidou Diallo at the SG/SF. I'm not surprised at all the we're considered a longshot. He wouldn't start right off the bat which is a turnoff to many big time recruits.
Alterique hasn't committed so he isn't scaring anyone off.

Reaction Score
Maybe we should stop assuming Gilbert is coming here?

I feel as good about Alterique coming to UConn as I was sure VJ was going to Louisville. I'd be surprised if he went anywhere else. I think he commits over summer.

Reaction Score
people did the same thing with Diamond Stone, you would think a lesson would be learned...

Pft Diamond is coming to UConn silly! He just commited to Maryland to make the UA guys happy and take their money under the table. I fully expect him decommit and be in a UConn uniform by the start of the season.

Reaction Score
Take this with a grain of salt boneyarders. Last night I was playing with a guy who played at South Kent, a couple of years back, so I asked him if he knew anything about Waters committing --- he told me that Waters is a heavy lean to commit to UConn early. I know this isn't a guy at the carwash so it doesn't have the same credibility but thought I'd share.

Reaction Score
Take this with a grain of salt boneyarders. Last night I was playing with a guy who played at South Kent, a couple of years back, so I asked him if he knew anything about Waters committing --- he told me that Waters is a heavy lean to commit to UConn early. I know this isn't a guy at the carwash so it doesn't have the same credibility but thought I'd share.

Doubt that is true once Gilbert commits if indeed he does.

Reaction Score
Would be interesting. Last rumor going around a couple weeks back was that Waters wanted to go to Duke, but if Duke doesn't offer, he'll end up at Stanford.

Reaction Score
Would be interesting. Last rumor going around a couple weeks back was that Waters wanted to go to Duke, but if Duke doesn't offer, he'll end up at Stanford.
I have no clue about how good a student he is, but judging from his "list" he does seem to value the education part of this process. If true, can't fault him for choosing Stanford. Everything about that school, besides the men hoops team and the gym they play in, is amazing.

Reaction Score
I think he'd be fighting for playing time. Adams and Gilbert will be our two guards.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I think he'd be fighting for playing time. Adams and Gilbert will be our two guards.
No guarantee Adams will be here longer than 2 years. No guarantee he'll be gone, either, but still... whether it's Waters or not, I'd expect us to go after at least one 4- or 5-star PG in 2017.

Reaction Score
If true, can't fault him for choosing Stanford. Everything about that school, besides the men hoops team and the gym they play in, is amazing.
the talent level of the female student population is far from amazing. very, very, very far. like incredibly far.

Reaction Score
I have no clue about how good a student he is, but judging from his "list" he does seem to value the education part of this process. If true, can't fault him for choosing Stanford. Everything about that school, besides the men hoops team and the gym they play in, is amazing.
He is an honors student. Very high GPA.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
If Adams stays, he gets broken in behind Adams and Gilbert as a Freshman. By sophomore year he is running the show with Gilbert. Sounds like a plan if the kid has a as good a head on his shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom