PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer) | Page 22 | The Boneyard

PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
This sounds like you want him to stay so Stanford can continue to suck. What's your beef with Stanford?
Wife went to Cal and we live in Berkeley.

Also, in '99 when I was at the Daily Campus my buddy & I traveled all over the country covering the team. Stanford fans were real sh!+heads to Khalid, so duck* 'em.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
UVa seems like the perfect place for him. Anyone else getting a "Duke-y" vibe from UVa last couple seasons? Like they seem to be a real media darling and have a very similar cache as Duke, I hope they start to lose steam or there's a new guy on the block.

Reaction Score
UVa seems like the perfect place for him. Anyone else getting a "Duke-y" vibe from UVa last couple seasons? Like they seem to be a real media darling and have a very similar cache as Duke, I hope they start to lose steam or there's a new guy on the block.
Play way too much defense

Reaction Score
well we've been dominant (regular season) last 3 years (and there's no scandal going on there unlike the rest of the ACC...) so media tends to give the best teams more coverage, and UVA bball couldn't be more different than Duke

brogdon and gill are gone next year so definitely expect a step back. Perrantes is back though, and our old memphis friend austin nichols is eligible next year so we'll still compete in the top half of the ACC. Waters would be a great addition especially since we've got our first mcd AA in a long time coming in at SG next year

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
There's been a sudden run of UConn picks on the crystal ball, including the UK insider and two of the more reliable national guys.

Have to admit, this seems out of the blue. Didn't expect us to still be in the game with Waters given everything we've heard over the past year.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
There's been a sudden run of UConn picks on the crystal ball, including the UK insider and two of the more reliable national guys.

Have to admit, this seems out of the blue. Didn't expect us to still be in the game with Waters given everything we've heard over the past year.

That is interesting, 3 picks for UConn yesterday, including Jerry Meyer. Wonder what happened yesterday.

Reaction Score
My guess is that he is realizing that he is option #2 or 3 at Duke and Kentucky. If it was me I wouldn't want to hold out for them and then get left out in the cold when they sign someone else. If he continues to hold out for Duke and Kentucky, he may also miss out on the other schools he likes (like us) because we're not going to wait around for him. Maybe he's realizing that we're his best option?

Reaction Score
That is interesting, 3 picks for UConn yesterday, including Jerry Meyer. Wonder what happened yesterday.
He is at Peach Jam along with our coaches and virtually ever other major D1 coach in the country. And Meyer might be there and a lot of the bloggers are there also. Maybe they saw Waters and Ollie spending some time together or something. Or Waters mentioned us in an interview. Interesting development though.

Reaction Score
He is at Peach Jam along with our coaches and virtually ever other major D1 coach in the country. And Meyer might be there and a lot of the bloggers are there also. Maybe they saw Waters and Ollie spending some time together or something. Or Waters mentioned us in an interview. Interesting development though.

Not sure it's much of a development. The UK guy wrote an article and explained it as UK and Duke simply prioritizing other top PG's, so the recruiting guys who picked those schools for Waters are changing their picks. Who really knows though, crystal ball is stupid.

Reaction Score
is it possible there could be some correlation between the seemingly sudden interest in UConn from Waters with MAL indicating PC was ahead of us in his recruitment?

Reaction Score
Main Duke guy just gave Good guys and pick too, but now just moved to foggy.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Not that it really matters but what is Waters latest composite ranking? (too lazy to look up)

Reaction Score
Duke is apparently all over Quade Green and many consider them the favorites for him. This could be pushing Waters back to the open market in some people's minds.

Reaction Score
Duke is apparently all over Quade Green and many consider them the favorites for him. This could be pushing Waters back to the open market in some people's minds.

so he's no longer considered a strong cuse lean? That's good I suppose, even tho MAL started to grow on me.

Reaction Score

I just hope Uconn moves on and takes the next best guy and not get left out in the cold waiting for him.

Reaction Score
so he's no longer considered a strong cuse lean? That's good I suppose, even tho MAL started to grow on me.
To be clear, I'm not an insider and don't know anything (just ask my wife). The talking heads on Twitter have been gushing about Duke and UK coaches stalking Quade Green at Peach Jam and have mentioned Duke a lot as the forerunner. It doesn't mean they are right.

Reaction Score

UK also seems to be prioritizing Trae Young. Might be a case of being squeezed out at his top 2 choices.

Reaction Score
To be clear, I'm not an insider and don't know anything (just ask my wife). The talking heads on Twitter have been gushing about Duke and UK coaches stalking Quade Green at Peach Jam and have mentioned Duke a lot as the forerunner. It doesn't mean they are right.

It was my opinion all along that Trae Young was going to Duke or UK and now it seems like Quade may go to whichever team doesn't get him.

Trae was originally reported to be a package deal with Porter, but that seems unlikely now that porter is all but a lock for UW (his step dad is an asst coach I believe).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom