OT: your favorite summer song | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: your favorite summer song

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My daughters vote:

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Uh...Summer over the Rainbow, mebbe?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I've seen a bunch here I've like, loved or to which I was indifferent. Why has this one not appeared?

OH, Sandra Dee was so pretty in this movie.

Reaction Score
Great thread. Wonderful, Wonderful by Johnny Mathis and California Nights by Lesley Gore. All Summer Long by the Beach Boys and just about every other song they ever sang.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Great thread. Wonderful, Wonderful by Johnny Mathis and California Nights by Lesley Gore. All Summer Long by the Beach Boys and just about every other song they ever sang.
I got you on Johnny.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Summer is here. What are you favorite summer songs when you are driving to the beach or have a drink in the summer afternoon?

Pal, one of my favorite OT's ever. Long distance pat on the back.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Sweet.
Unfortunately I only remember most vividly the shows once they were taken over by Clay Cole and Murray the K. However living in Brooklyn so close to Fort Greene my young self knew those who knew people like Little Anthony and the Jive Five. Once they played the Fox I of course got to see The Drifters (twice), Ben E. King (once with, once without), Screamin' Jay, Chuck (far later during "My Ding-a-Ling"), and Mickey and Sylvia.

The Cleftones huh? So nice. Some people want to believe that R & R began with Presley. It didn't. Some people want to believe it began with Chuck. It didn't. Some want to believe it began with The Beatles. It didn't. R & R began with vocalist's like Big Joe Turner and groups like The Cleftones and The Moonglows. It began as a dance music for the young, and it began with people like you diggin' it.

Along with those Moonglows and Cleftones, we must acknowledge the unparalleled masters of silky smooth-- the Flamingos.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Along with those Moonglows and Cleftones, we must acknowledge the unparalleled masters of silky smooth-- the Flamingos.
And The Orioles, some of who's members lived only two or three blocks from my house. They were one of those I'd hear on the street corner under the lampposts. In those days lamplight didn't propagate in a large field, but it beamed in a smaller field causing a spotlight. Hence the street corner doo-wop singers.

JordyG

Reaction Score
And The Orioles, some of who's members lived only two or three blocks from my house. They were one of those I'd hear on the street corner under the lampposts. In those days lamplight didn't propagate in a large field, but it beamed in a smaller field causing a spotlight. Hence the street corner doo-wop singers.
Whose members. Stupid.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
I was a real fan of these guys. I saw them three times before Duane died, once after. I turned down Derek and the Domino's at the Fillmore for lack of funds. One of my biggest regrets.
Tragic! Never saw the Allmans at the Fillmore East, but saw several country rock shows there in the late 70's; Charlie Daniels, The Outlaws, Marshall Tucker, Elvin Bishop, Poco, Delbert McClinton...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32