OT: your favorite summer song | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: your favorite summer song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Renaissance's gorgeous "Trip to the Fair" reminds me of soft summer days when I used to hear it on the FM dial:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Okay I know I'm revealing my age but I saw Blue Cheer, The Tymes, Billy J. Kramer, Sly and The Family Stone, War, Steppenwolf, The Drifters, Chad and Jeremy, and Martha and The Vandellas all in their prime doing these songs. I saw Santana 4 times, but way before "Smooth". I just missed seeing Mungo Jerry, The Beach Boys, and Scott McKenzie during their prime periods. Guys, I was an avid concert goer.

Reaction Score
Okay I know I'm revealing my age but I saw Blue Cheer, The Tymes, Billy J. Kramer, Sly and The Family Stone, War, Steppenwolf, The Drifters, Chad and Jeremy, and Martha and The Vandellas all in their prime doing these songs. I saw Santana 4 times, but way before "Smooth". I just missed seeing Mungo Jerry, The Beach Boys, and Scott McKenzie during their prime periods. Guys, I was an avid concert goer.
Jordy, you have a good taste...

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Jordy, you have a good taste...
Thanks man, but it all now seems just luck and serendipity. I was born in Brooklyn just a short distance from the old Paramount theater where some of the first R & R shows in the world were showcased. Because of R & R's origins I would hear vocal groups practicing on the street corners, in the subways and in the apartment hallways. Alan Freed was the man responsible for the Paramount shows then. I was only 3 or 4, but my sisters were 10 years older than I and would drag me along to babysit (secretly of course). A few years later the shows were taken over by Murray the K and his shows were mainly early Motown Revues with added acts. I saw almost every Motown act at least once, some 4 and 5 times. The Temps, Smokey, Marvin, The Supremes. Also others like Dusty, Tom Jones, Dionne Warwick, The Four Seasons, The Rascals. I could just hop on the bus across from my house which left me off across the street from the theater. Honestly, by the time I was 12 I'd seen 100 live acts. Luck and serendipity. And yes, I was raised on Rock and Roll.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Great call BearJWS love that Bananarama song summer of 1984, I think.

Spent a lot of time on Connecticut shore summer of 1977, no iPhones or earplugs, just lots of transistor radios on the beach blaring rock from the New York stations. Seemed like Barracuda by Heart was constantly on, and that was a good thing. Those Wilson sisters can rock!

Reaction Score
Great call BearJWS love that Bananarama song summer of 1984, I think.

Spent a lot of time on Connecticut shore summer of 1977, no iPhones or earplugs, just lots of transistor radios on the beach blaring rock from the New York stations. Seemed like Barracuda by Heart was constantly on, and that was a good thing. Those Wilson sisters can rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom