OT: Wimbledon | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Wimbledon

Status
Not open for further replies.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
And now the Sisters will play on Monday. What do your bookies say?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You really don't feel men's tennis is exciting now ? I agree US men's tennis is null now since Roddick left but he never really reached his goals. I love to watch Berydich, Djokovic, Murray, Federer, Kyrogos, Nadal, Nishikori, etc. For US men it stinks but the game is really at a high now. The men are all in their upper 20's unlike the mid 30 women. I think Serena can play till she's 40 at this rate.

It might be exciting.... but not enough for me to watch beyond a few players. Gimme the days of Edberg, Becker, Stich, Forget, Pioline, Sampras, et al. Murray is a bore to watch.... Djokovic isnt much better.... Nadal .. meh. I will say that Im biased towards players with one handed backhands.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Coco's and Madison's matches are current on the deuce. The Sisters will come out on ESPN at 8 Eastern.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
down goes Venus... may be her last match against her sister

Reaction Score
Serena wins 6-2, 6-2 and no other American player moves on as usual. That my crazy prediction.

Reaction Score
Ok I'm going out on a limb. I think that Sharapova will win(what an upset) and I think that Serena will win in two or three with the injury raddled Azaranka. Serena always beats Sharapova because she is more interested in selling her candy Sugarova. Ok the other side has no one so Serena will win 6-0 6-0 in the final. Wow.

Reaction Score
Ok Sharovopa is winning because this is the second week of tennis in which the cream comes to the top. There is no drama but the higher trained athlete is winning. Can't wait for Serena and Azarenka. I really respect those two for their commitment to the game.

Reaction Score
I actually like Serena and Madison to advance. Serena, I believe, has the tougher opponent.

Reaction Score
Serena , does your right but I don't have a lot of confidence in any of these one hit wonders during a two week tournament. I still feel that Serena is so far ahead of these other players. She could be injured, having a bad day, not on that particular day, wanting to go to three sets for some exercise , etc. (she will not be beaten). There is no other elite woman right now and Serena knows it.

Reaction Score
Serena in two 6-3 6-4 my prediction against Azaranka probably the only player that feels they can beat Serena.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
A Venezuelan-Spaniard has redeemed somewhat the disappearance of Rafa & company this tournament. Twenty-one year old
Gabine Muguruza is the 1st Iberian since the days of Conchita & Aranxa to advance this far. She's earned a semi spot.

And Serena is 2-0 in the decider.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Madison Keys is still the future of US tennis, but it's a tad too soon. Ms. Radwanska is in the semis.
Coco too got a set from Maria. Ready yourself for a splendid American presence at the US Open.
Meanwhile Serena is about to serve at 3-1.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
getting my blood pressure checked after that Serena match... on to the next. Sharapova may pull off the upset, no pressure

Reaction Score
I always rate Serena by how she plays Azaranka who really is the only competition for Serena. Serena looked awesome!!!!! Sharapova should be a walk in the park. Serena beat Sharopova 16 straight matches. Sharopova really doesn't compete much anymore she is more interested in her candy promotion while Serena is trying to win at tennis. I think Serena has an easy walk to the U.S. open and one more win for a grand slammer.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
getting my blood pressure checked after that Serena match... on to the next. Sharapova may pull off the upset, no pressure
The thing about Maria is that she does nothing better than Serena - not serve, return, movement, or ball striking. I'd be surprised if she takes even a set off Serena, unless Serena has a really off day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom