OT: There is Justice in the NFL | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: There is Justice in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Interesting article regarding the current climate of thought among NFL teams RE deflategate:

Rival Exec: 'The Patriots Should Get Those Picks Back'

I spoke to many of these same sources, 10 interviewed in total, and they now have completely the opposite view. They believe the NFL got the investigation wrong—or mostly wrong—and that the Patriots never cheated. They believe that's the new consensus around the league.

What they say next is even more staggering.

"I hate the Patriots. I despise them," said one NFC team executive, who like everyone else interviewed, asked to remain anonymous for fear of angering the league office. "But they really should get those picks back."

Reaction Score
So, what's your point? Goodell learned to lie, cheat and steal from the best of them? Or you think Rozelle, Hunt and Tagliabue were all choirboys? Which is it?

Maybe some people just believe everything Goodell says, even the stuff that's shown to be false.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think its laughable that some people that some people on this college basketball board think they know more than the commissioner of the NFL. On the highest profile topic that's on his desk.
Basketball fans are now not allowed to follow football (or at the very least, have an opinion)? No wonder UConn has a hard time fill Rentschler.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Allow me to add Willie99 to the list of people who know more than the Commissioner of the highest profile sports league in the world.

It's not like he showed up to this job from a shift at Target. He's been a front office blue blood in the NFL for almost three decades. He has listened to thousands of hours of evidence and testimony on this topic. He has the highest paid, most savvy legal counsel advising him on every step. He has a network of the smartest experts in every facet of the NFL at his disposal.

But Willie99 and upstater from the Boneyard cracked the case! Congrats!

You, Mau and August are literally pulling all your eggs in the basket of a certified liar. The guy got caught lying about deflategate. Straight out lies. He was called out on those lies. And now we hear from you guys that Goodell is a straight shooter. You're embarrassing yourselves. I mean, you guys are laughable and deranged.

Reaction Score
It is hilarious huh Deep?I mean I already knew they were whacked but they're kicking it up a notch once again. The world against the Pats LOL

What a joke. You guys love liars. Hard to take anything you say seriously when you are now professing trust in a known liar.

Reaction Score
What a joke. You guys love liars. Hard to take anything you say seriously when you are now professing trust in a known liar.

How do we know you're not a liar?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Says the poster with Donald Trump in his/her avatar.
Oy Vey
You not understanding the avatar fully explains the post to like ratio.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
This entire farce has absolutely nothing to do with the relative IQ of Goodell, or anybody else that works for the NFL, either now or in the past. It's all about the fundamental unfairness of a process whereby only one person gets to decide the fate of every employee, in a kangaroo administrative setting with no checks and balances, and as we are now finding out, no effective means for administrative or judicial review. Admittedly the players signed up for it, so in a sense they've got nobody to blame but themselves, or maybe their attorneys.

The really sad part is that these continuously botched and increasingly laughable NFL league investigations (I use that term very loosely here) are being orchestrated by a man who couldn't find his own butt hole with two hands and a funnel. Meanwhile, the untold millions they're spending to pay an army of lawyers is money you might just as well be flushing down the toilet for all the good it's doing anybody. The whole mess is nothing but a personal, highly subjective vendetta against Kraft and the Patriots, born purely out of jealousy on the part of the other owners. Goodell is nothing but their tool, a lap/attack dog who jumps at their command. I suppose if this were the old days in Sicily they'd just vanish Kraft from the planet.

All the while the NFL is pouring these mega millions down the johnny flusher, we have former players walking around on crutches or riding in wheelchairs, or even worse, suffering from permanent, irreversible brain dysfunction due to suffering repeated concussions. Instead of thinking about helping any of these poor, unfortunate souls, let's pour money into this total nonsense, giving the league a further public relations black eye, and looking like a bunch of two year old children in the process. Way to go, Rog. You're a poor excuse for an attorney and an even poorer one as a human being.

BTW, I'm a Giants fan, although I admit I have nothing against the Patriots, other than Belichick's tired, old routine.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Maybe you should email him and enlighten him as to how he should do his job.

do you think you know more than the Nobel Prize scientist that disagrees with the trumped up science of the Wells Report?

I'd rather articulate my own arguments, based on my own opinions which were formulated by reading the work and opinions of those who actually might know something on the topic. But it's a lot easier to argue like those who merely want to cite the "knowledge" of Roger Goodall. You see, my expert trumps your expert when it come to scientific laws 24/7/365, so there.

When it comes down to what's more likely than not that something probably happened, let's talk to people who know this stuff. Yet another glaring hole in the NFL's argument.

Roger's only argument is I'm god, I can do what I want, because everything else he says either doesn't prove anything or has been disproven by real scientists.

Hate is blinding, and haters make me laugh when they think they're mocking those that disagree with them.

Reaction Score
Roger is a dope, everyone "hates" the Pats, hat is blinding. BLAH BLAH BLAH

Get over yourselves this thread makes you all look like a joke. The things that happened and are happening are so far above the BYer's it'a amazing yet you all know more than the Commish. He can't do this over hate and because he's "God" get a grip people.

Reaction Score
How do we know you're not a liar?

When we're young, we usually come to understand what a lie is. If you're an adult and you don't know what a lie is, you are qualified to become an NFL executive. Does that help you Deep?

Reaction Score
Roger is a dope, everyone "hates" the Pats, hat is blinding. BLAH BLAH BLAH

Get over yourselves this thread makes you all look like a joke. The things that happened and are happening are so far above the BYer's it'a amazing yet you all know more than the Commish. He can't do this over hate and because he's "God" get a grip people.

You are trying to change the subject.

You started by telling us how much respect you had for Goodell.

Now you are running away because you didn't even seem to know that he was caught out lying.

Reaction Score
I don't care about Goodell one way or the other he doesn't impact my crappy Giants unless they cheat or something. I could care less what happens in this case either.

I'm not running away I'm just laughing at you nitwits thinking he's a liar, a God, he hates the Pats etc etc. He got the job because he knew someone obviously because he can't be very intelligent according to you guys.

Keep it coming up, this is fun.;)

Reaction Score
I don't care about Goodell one way or the other he doesn't impact my crappy Giants unless they cheat or something. I could care less what happens in this case either.

I'm not running away I'm just laughing at you nitwits thinking he's a liar, a God, he hates the Pats etc etc. He got the job because he knew someone obviously because he can't be very intelligent according to you guys.

Keep it coming up, this is fun.;)

Now I see you're just plainly misinformed and dumb about this.

1. You're the one who brought up Goodell's history and behavior.
2. No one "thinks" he's a liar. He was caught lying. It's a fact.

You can't dispute it.

Reaction Score
Now I see you're just plainly misinformed and dumb about this.

1. You're the one who brought up Goodell's history and behavior.
2. No one "thinks" he's a liar. He was caught lying. It's a fact.

You can't dispute it.

Wait a second here i didn't bring up ANYTHING. I don't care to dispute anything. I'm just watching and laughing and ensuring myself who the whackiest fans in football are. And using "whackiest" is only because I feel like being nice. Keep having fun up.

Reaction Score
You are trying to change the subject.

You started by telling us how much respect you had for Goodell.

Now you are running away because you didn't even seem to know that he was caught out lying.

Nah, what they're saying is that you cannot question the decisions or actions of the leaders of high profile sports organizations, like Mark Emmert or Sepp Blatter. Just fall in line and accept that they know more and cannot make a mistake. ;)

Reaction Score
Wait a second here i didn't bring up ANYTHING. I don't care to dispute anything. I'm just watching and laughing and ensuring myself who the whackiest fans in football are. And using "whackiest" is only because I feel like being nice. Keep having fun up.

You did bring up Goodell's motivations.

This is what you wrote: "Why would, as stupid as he may be, Goodell go through all of this unless there is something somewhere - why?"

It is an absolute FACT that he lied. You won't acknowledge it. Don't know why you have so much faith in a liar. But be real. When you say we only "think" he's lying, that shows youre either being dishonest or you know very little about what is going on.

The guy lies.

And you trust him.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
G97HU.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member