OT: There is Justice in the NFL | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: There is Justice in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You did bring up Goodell's motivations.

This is what you wrote: "Why would, as stupid as he may be, Goodell go through all of this unless there is something somewhere - why?"

It is an absolute FACT that he lied. You won't acknowledge it. Don't know why you have so much faith in a liar. But be real. When you say we only "think" he's lying, that shows youre either being dishonest or you know very little about what is going on.

The guy lies.

And you trust him.

The guy is smarter than you we know that right? He's not doing this because he hates them right, what ground does he have for that. Let's watch it play out then you can tell me your side ok. Well we already know it. My question is since you guys are so sure about his motivation what's yours for the "hate" if him? Tough on huh?

Listen I have no reason to dig in as deep as you guys obviously, none. You keep telling me the facts as you see them and I'll keep eating the popcorn and getting some chuckles.

Reaction Score
G97HU.gif

So perfect.

Reaction Score
This issue is one step away from the United States Supreme Court but Goodell is wrong and upstater is right. Great stuff. Of course, coincidentally, it just so happens that upstater is a Patriots fan. And Goodell runs a 45 billion dollar industry with no vested reason to harbor any ill will against arguably one of the most valuable current franchises. He has every reason in the world to lie and continue lying.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The guy is smarter than you we know that right? He's not doing this because he hates them right, what ground does he have for that. Let's watch it play out then you can tell me your side ok. Well we already know it. My question is since you guys are so sure about his motivation what's yours for the "hate" if him? Tough on huh?

Listen I have no reason to dig in as deep as you guys obviously, none. You keep telling me the facts as you see them and I'll keep eating the popcorn and getting some chuckles.

I got this one, Up...
The guy is smarter than you we know that right? I don't think Goodell's position or salary means he's smart. Plenty of morons make a lot of money. Goodell came up through the marketing side of the NFL. He is in his position because he has made his employers (the owners) a lot of money. He has the power he is currently abusing because of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. I think I'm smarter than Goodell, Accountants are smarter than marketers, but I interned at a Big 5 Firm is Hartford. He interned at 345 Park Avenue in New York City.

He's not doing this because he hates them right, what ground does he have for that. I don't think Goodell hates the Patriots, per se, but plenty of people in management positions at other franchises do and last time I checked, 31>1. Goodell's only grounds for continuing what he started, is to maintain the authority of the Commissioner's office. Period. If Brady wins (yes, I think he appeals to the entire 2nd circuit), whatever discipline Goodell hands down in the future, whether substantiated or not, will be challenged in court unless the process changes.

What should have happened is that once it was determined that the entire episode was based on a lie mistake and a reasonable scientific explanation existed, Goodell should have either dropped the whole thing, or levied a fine. Instead he saw the Wells Invoice and determined the ends needed to justify the means. Rarely a good idea and not something a smart man would conclude.

Let's watch it play out then you can tell me your side ok. Well we already know it. That's what Goodell did with the Wells report. The Patriots should have been allowed to refute the report before a punishment was rendered and in front of a neutral arbiter.

My question is since you guys are so sure about his motivation what's yours for the "hate" if him? Tough on huh? No response. I looks like you did not finish your thought.

Listen I have no reason to dig in as deep as you guys obviously, none. You keep telling me the facts as you see them and I'll keep eating the popcorn and getting some chuckles Then why are you so heavily involved in every single thread on the topic? Seems like a strange waste of calories.

Last edited:

Husky25

Reaction Score
This issue is one step away from the United States Supreme Court but Goodell is wrong and upstater is right. Great stuff. Of course, coincidentally, it just so happens that upstater is a Patriots fan. And Goodell runs a 45 billion dollar industry with no vested reason to harbor any ill will against arguably one of the most valuable current franchises. He has every reason in the world to lie and continue lying.

The NFL is worth $9 billion. At least we know that Goodell is smart than you!!

That said, now you got it. The ruling of the 2nd U.S. District Circuit Court of Appeals has zero to do with Brady's guilt or innocence and everything to do with the interpretation of the Commissioner's authority, as set in the CBA. As I stated above Goodell's motivation to perpetuate these proceeding based on " a mistake" is to not have future levied discipline undermined in court.

Reaction Score
The NFL is worth $9 billion. At least we know that Goodell is smart than you!!

That said, now you got it. The ruling of the 2nd U.S. District Circuit Court of Appeals has zero to do with Brady's guilt or innocence and everything to do with the interpretation of the Commissioner's authority, as set in the CBA. As I stated above Goodell's motivation to perpetuate these proceeding based on " a mistake" is to not have future levied discipline undermined in court.

"And what a business it is. Consider this: With the average NFL franchise now worth $1.4 billion, the league’s 32 teams sport a market value of $45 billion, making the NFL worth almost as much as Starbucks — and just as ubiquitous."

The $45 billion reason the NFL ignores despicable behavior | New York Post

Husky25

Reaction Score
"And what a business it is. Consider this: With the average NFL franchise now worth $1.4 billion, the league’s 32 teams sport a market value of $45 billion, making the NFL worth almost as much as Starbucks — and just as ubiquitous."

The $45 billion reason the NFL ignores despicable behavior | New York Post
Interesting spin (and unsurprising it's sourced to the New York Post), but that's not the way it works. Goodell does not preside over the 32 franchises that make up the NFL, The 31 individual majority owners's (and CEO of the Packers) oversee their own franchises and Goodell does their their bidding. The NFL is a separate entity from the franchises that make it up.

Reaction Score
Why not? I explained my position. You have not. Tell my why it doesn't make sense.
Because no one called Calhoun a cheater for the APR issues, no one, because it had nothing to do with cheating at all and everyone in the world knows that. So comparing the APR to cheating allegations of the Patriots makes zero sense.

Also, the Pats had this whole Spygate thing as well which had effect on the field.

Your analogy made zero sense.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Defending Goodell is like defending mark Emmert, but worse. The guy makes mistep after mistep after mistep. He can look you in the eye and say football isn't a contributing factor to football, and that 'science' backs him up.

Guy changes his story to fit his narrative. Other teams front offices are now worried. it is what it is at this point.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Because no one called Calhoun a cheater for the APR issues, no one, because it had nothing to do with cheating at all and everyone in the world knows that. So comparing the APR to cheating allegations of the Patriots makes zero sense.

Also, the Pats had this whole Spygate thing as well which had effect on the field.

Your analogy made zero sense.

people call Calhoun a cheater all over the country, and they think APR bans are the result of cheating

are you living under a rock? have you really not encountered people who think Calhoun cheated?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Defending Goodell is like defending mark Emmert, but worse. The guy makes mistep after mistep after mistep. He can look you in the eye and say football isn't a contributing factor to football, and that 'science' backs him up.

Guy changes his story to fit his narrative. Other teams front offices are now worried. it is what it is at this point.

Yep. He will do or say anything in his pathetic attempts to save his own face. If I were anybody connected with any NFL team I'd be wet pants scared of this meglamaniac. Sneeze in the wrong direction and your career may be summarily over and done.

Reaction Score
people call Calhoun a cheater all over the country, and they think APR bans are the result of cheating

are you living under a rock? have you really not encountered people who think Calhoun cheated?
Yes of course but that is not what I or the post I was responding to was implying. However I have never encountered one person whoever thought he was cheater because of the APR, not one. Which was the point of the post I was responding to.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Pats fans need a sense of humor. Too easy.

But I do know that in Boston and every other city Brady has played in, there have been sexual assaults of young boys while he was in town. You connect the dots.
#the real deflated balls

Reaction Score
The lack of Pats fans in this thread has me hopeful for humanity.

It's like they turned an evolutionary corner and caught up with the rest of the country in realizing that it is only fair to be punished for your misdeeds.

Im proud of your new attitude Patriots nation: "We cheated, we got caught, now we must live with the results"

Kudos. Everyone can grow.

Reaction Score
And what a glorious time it was. Upset of the century ( guaranteed ahead of time by a maverick QB) and made the NFL what it is today.
Let's look at the differences. Because it illustrates a time where men were men not this millennial wussification that Brady personifies.
Brady = protein shakes and domesticated by Giselle ( admittedly a catch)
Namath = Johnny walker Black and banging 3 Giselles at a time nightly on 4 inch Llama rug.

Brady = suspended for deflating footballs

Namath = suspended for owning a bar and hanging out with NY "5 family" mobsters.

The Pats can have their Superbowls . I'll take my one that changed the course of history orchestrated by the baddest to ever receive a snap.

Sorry for partying. Not sorry.

:)
Wow! That was pathetic. If you're a true fan of your team, you'd want the same success that the Pats have had. Your post simply confirms what just about everyone suspected about you. You're simply jealous and the only way to justify how badly your Jets suck was to make this latest ruling out to be more than just the court deciding that the NFL Commissioner has the power to suspend a player for whatever accused of and for whatever amount of time regardless of the facts. That's what was collectively bargained, and that was the only thing this court ruled on. The court simply upheld what the player's union and the league agreed upon. Nothing more, nothing less. It had absolutely nothing to do with innocence or guilt.

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Wow! That was pathetic. If you're a true fan of your team, you'd want the same success that the Pats have had. Your post simply confirms what just about everyone suspected about you. You're simply jealous and the only way to justify how badly your Jets suck was to make this latest ruling out to be more than just the court deciding that the NFL Commissioner has the power to suspend a player for whatever accused of and for whatever amount of time regardless of the facts. The court simply upheld what the player's union and the league agreed upon. Nothing more, nothing less. It had absolutely nothing to do with innocence or guilt.

Drinking Johnny Walker Black with models and Mobsters > Deflating footballs

There is winning on the football field and winning at life.

Gimme Joe Willie

Reaction Score
Wow! That was pathetic. If you're a true fan of your team, you'd want the same success that the Pats have had. Your post simply confirms what just about everyone suspected about you. You're simply jealous and the only way to justify how badly your Jets suck was to make this latest ruling out to be more than just the court deciding that the NFL Commissioner has the power to suspend a player for whatever accused of and for whatever amount of time regardless of the facts. That's what was collectively bargained, and that was the only thing this court ruled on. The court simply upheld what the player's union and the league agreed upon. Nothing more, nothing less. It had absolutely nothing to do with innocence or guilt.

One thing the blind Pats lemmings fail to ever recognize is the lineage of cheating and "bending the rules" that franchise has in their rear view window. At some point you start to lose the benefit of the doubt and that's just wiped from their thought process....almost as quickly as their franchise and fanbase disassociated themselves that murderer Aaron Hernandez.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
One thing the blind Pats lemmings fail to ever recognize is the lineage of cheating and "bending the rules" that franchise has in their rear view window. At some point you start to lose the benefit of the doubt and that's just wiped from their thought process....almost as quickly as their franchise and fanbase disassociated themselves that murderer Aaron Hernandez.

Come on Deep. That's what good franchises are supposed to do. When you find out you have a bad egg, you cut him, and scrub him from the books. Nobodies omniscient. In contrast, if your the Ravens, you circle the wagons and except bad eggs back into the fold, until forced otherwise. AH was an actual psychopath, and nobody knew it.

And where is this 'lineage' of cheating? One incident (spygate), which was again, an overreaction. There have been far, far worse infractions in the same general time frame--the worst of which, in my opinion was the Broncos and Cowboys going over the cap to sign more talent than they should have, as it directly lead to championships. So they got busted for spygate....and what else? What are the other infractions.

Most front offices in the league are now admitting that the Pats got railroaded with deflategate. And they have far more skin in the game and working knowledge of football than you or I. Maybe they are closet Pats homers idk.

Reaction Score
Well, there's Spygate. And Deflategate. And, I said "bending the rules" in that statement so you lump in all of the formations that twist or bend a loophole in the rules and bring them attention. Then you lump in Belichick's general "" attitude in press conferences and it gives a sense to non-Pats fans that the ends justify the means. Sure. We'll cheat if it means we win another Super Bowl.

That's what erases the benefit of the doubt for many people. Like it or not.

Reaction Score
Mau you are the wackiest, calling others wacky when you lead the train. You hate the Patriots and that's that. Your judgement is very biased always against anything Patriots. We know your extremely jealous.

Reaction Score
Mau you are the wackiest, calling others wacky when you lead the train. You hate the Patriots and that's that. Your judgement is very biased always against anything Patriots. We know your extremely jealous.

And yours, upstater, int are not biased? Funny stuff.

I'm a locomotive huh? Thanks good analogy 'yell.

Reaction Score

The deflate-nonsense was the tipping point. Drew Brees said what most rational people are thinking about Goodell these days. Even ESPN, which exists to carry water for the league, is taking shots at him. Guys like Deepster and Mau still ranting about cheating are like the last two guys at a party who should have left a long time ago. They just sound foolish and sort of embarrassing, and they're so wrapped up in their anti-Patriots nonsense that they don't have any sense how silly they sound.

Reaction Score
And yours, upstater, int are not biased? Funny stuff.

I'm a locomotive huh? Thanks good analogy 'yell.

You can have any suspicion about the case, as ill-informed as it might be.

But when you sing the praises of Goodell as an unbiased paragon of virtue, you're going to get called out in the strongest way possible.

You have no defense against it even, since the guy was caught out lying. Unless, that is, you want to double down and put yourself on the side of outright lies.

Which I guess is your current position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger