OT: There is Justice in the NFL | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: There is Justice in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't really care but I think you went around the actual question of why he destroyed his cell phone. I mean think about it he destroyed it, ruined it. Ts5034 is curious about it, maybe it's easy to tweak text transcripts, I don't know. But I do know the timing is questionable wouldn't you agree?

• He got a new phone, which is normal.
  • I think it's safe to say that every celeb should destroy their old phone, given what could happen to their personal info. Doubly so w a wife like Gisele.
  • Would you trust Goodell or the NFL not to look (or spread) photos? I def would not.
  • After all look how all of Brady's txts were leaked by the NFL to the general public. I'm sure he didn't want them leaking the photos or other personal info.
  • Wels said Brady cooperated 100% and no longer needed the phone. So nothing for Brady to think further about.
  • Since he provided all the txts anyway, what did they need it for?

It's not strange or hard to understand.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Because the NFL told him they didn't want his cell phone, they just wanted a transcript of the texts on his cellphone, which he provided. And this is why the Wells report says Brady cooperated with the investigation 100%, and why the Wells report makes absolutely no mention of anything to do with the cell phone.

The cell phone issue came up later in May during Brady's appeal process. There is good reason why the NFL brought it up. They realized that the punishment meted out by Troy Vincent for "general awareness" was not in the Vice President's purview, so they had to change the punishment in the appeal to something consistent with the CBA. When they discovered during the appeal that Brady had destroyed his phone (3 months after the Wells investigation and testimony in February) Goodell used that against him. This is a big issue in the court cases (Berman ruled that the NFL never notified Brady of the basis for potential punishment beforehand and therefore could not defend himself and appeal it because he had no idea the NFL thought he had done something wrong, especially when the Wells report is explicit when it states it did not want Brady's cell phone).

The whole reason Wells did not ask for the cell phone during the investigation is that Brady was reluctant to let the league see his personal information. With good reason. Since the NFL later released his texts mysteriously to the public. This is why we came to know Brady hates his pool cover guy, and why he thinks Manning only had 2 more years to play at most, etc.

Adding to this, the NFLPA did specifically negotiate that players do not need to surrender personal information like cell phones to the league. It's official advice to players is not to turn them over. Given that Brady's wife is the world's #1 supermodel, and given that a few months before this something called "The Fappening" occurred, any sane person might find that Brady had very good reason to destroy the phone and not turn it over.

This whole thing is a frame job and Goodell and Vincent need to burn for it, along with any owner involved like Irsay.

Reaction Score
Adding to this, the NFLPA did specifically negotiate that players do not need to surrender personal information like cell phones to the league. It's official advice to players is not to turn them over. Given that Brady's wife is the world's #1 supermodel, and given that a few months before this something called "The Fappening" occurred, any sane person might find that Brady had very good reason to destroy the phone and not turn it over.

This whole thing is a frame job and Goodell and Vincent need to burn for it, along with any owner involved like Irsay.

I would think any person in a situation like Brady who has a wife who is that very super model may have enough reason not to turn it over and the means to support that unless of course there was something else? Just throwing it out there. Funny the supposed witch hunt here, why would, as stupid as he may be, Goodell go through all of this unless there is something somewhere - why? I don't know the answer but the continuous frame job and such from the Pats fans isn't the reason for sure. just wish we all knew.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Roger Goodell is to justice what Mark Emmert is to education

a bad joke, pure idiocy

Reaction Score
I would think any person in a situation like Brady who has a wife who is that very super model may have enough reason not to turn it over and the means to support that unless of course there was something else? Just throwing it out there. Funny the supposed witch hunt here, why would, as stupid as he may be, Goodell go through all of this unless there is something somewhere - why? I don't know the answer but the continuous frame job and such from the Pats fans isn't the reason for sure. just wish we all knew.

This has been going on for more than 18 months. Plenty of people are on record. They have answered your question. Here, try this: Google Mike Freeman Brady Goodell Railroaded

The short of it is that Goodell is running a keystone cops operation, and when it was obvious he bumbled this together with the other morons in the front office, they put their backs to the wall.

Let me ask you this, however: Troy Vincent and Roger Goodell have been caught in huge lies during this investigation. Why do you have faith in them when they have proven to be liars? Seems to me when you get caught lying in public (and this has happened a couple times to Goodell) people should much less faith in what you have to say, and in your motives.

Reaction Score
I mean, Goodell has worked under the tutelage of Pete Rozelle, Lamar Hunt and Paul Tagliabue. He's been in the league's front office since the early 80's. God forbid he should know as much as upstater from the Boneyard UConn Men's Basketball board, right?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't really care but I think you went around the actual question of why he destroyed his cell phone. I mean think about it he destroyed it, ruined it. Ts5034 is curious about it, maybe it's easy to tweak text transcripts, I don't know. But I do know the timing is questionable wouldn't you agree?
All due respect Mau, but any reasonable person, not just celebrity, should do the exact same thing.

I recently purchased a new phone (Samsung Galaxy S 7, in case anyone cares), the Verizon rep said that I should be receiving a text from Verizon and if I return my old smart phone Galaxy S III, in case anyone cares), I will get a $200 rebate. You better believe I am going to factory reset the thing and remove the SIM card before I put it in that little white envelop and mail it to only Heaven knows who. Text transcripts might be easy to tweak only if they are tweaked on both ends of the text. The Wells team had the Company cell phones of the employees. Brady refused to give up his personal cell phone, as is his right.

Reaction Score
I mean, Goodell has worked under the tutelage of Pete Rozelle, Lamar Hunt and Paul Tagliabue. He's been in the league's front office since the early 80's. God forbid he should know as much as upstater from the Boneyard UConn Men's Basketball board, right?

So, your theory is that a ballboy released .1 PSI from 12 balls in 90 seconds.

That is what you are saying?

Because science says the balls should have been at 11.3 PSI.

You are saying that because some balls were at 11.2 PSI, something else happened.

But why would a guy release .1 PSI? Answer that.

And then tell me why you believe a proven liar like Goodell? He was caught lying in this case.

He lied.

But you believe him.

But he lied.

And I'm the crazy one apparently because I do not have faith in liars.

I think the Mad Hatter may have added something extra to your tea.

willie99

Reaction Score
So, your theory is that a ballboy released .1 PSI from 12 balls in 90 seconds.

That is what you are saying?

Because science says the balls should have been at 11.3 PSI.

You are saying that because some balls were at 11.2 PSI, something else happened.

But why would a guy release .1 PSI? Answer that.

And then tell me why you believe a proven liar like Goodell? He was caught lying in this case.

He lied.

But you believe him.

But he lied.

And I'm the crazy one apparently because I do not have faith in liars.

I think the Mad Hatter may have added something extra to your tea.

give it up my friend, haters are punch drunk and they have an uncanny ability to stay uninformed

if they don't know a few facts by now, they simply choose not to

Reaction Score
give it up my friend, haters are punch drunk and they have an uncanny ability to stay uninformed

Allow me to add Willie99 to the list of people who know more than the Commissioner of the highest profile sports league in the world.

It's not like he showed up to this job from a shift at Target. He's been a front office blue blood in the NFL for almost three decades. He has listened to thousands of hours of evidence and testimony on this topic. He has the highest paid, most savvy legal counsel advising him on every step. He has a network of the smartest experts in every facet of the NFL at his disposal.

But Willie99 and upstater from the Boneyard cracked the case! Congrats!

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score

They're just trolling you (and everyone else).

Look the leaders of NFLPA are not exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer. They negotiated a bad agreement, and then signed on that agreement. As such they and members of the organization are required to follow the agreement. All the court did was say the actions were in concordance with said agreement. Indeed that's what Berman said at the outset, he was not going to re-try the case, that is not under his purview, he simply looked at the contract and said that it it did not; his colleagues disagreed.

The worst thing about this is Lester Munson, the dumbest lawyer (oops disbarred legal authority) either side of the Rockies was accidentally right, or accidentally predicted the ruling. Now his rotting carcass will be wheeled out again when things like this appear. Na, Ja, it's not that I watch ESPN much anyway.

Reaction Score
There's only one piece of evidence that matters in the entire case.

Temperature affects air pressure.

The NFL has decided that they can't admit this fact of nature at this point, because they'll look like idiots for not thinking of it before, but they end up looking like idiots anyway.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Allow me to add Willie99 to the list of people who know more than the Commissioner of the highest profile sports league in the world.

It's not like he showed up to this job from a shift at Target. He's been a front office blue blood in the NFL for almost three decades. He has listened to thousands of hours of evidence and testimony on this topic. He has the highest paid, most savvy legal counsel advising him on every step. He has a network of the smartest experts in every facet of the NFL at his disposal.

You understand that your argument is nothing more than an appeal to authority? The place or occupation of a person doesn't mean his (Goodell's) argument or position is correct, nor does it matter who advised or who agrees.
Moreover, Berman nor the 2nd Court of Appeals never ruled on the evidence nor even examined it, they ruled was the process within the framework of the contract in place. If Goodell got all the facts wrong, that matters not one iota. All that matters was is it in concordance with the contract. It is ruled to be so, and so it is.

Husky25

Reaction Score
You understand that your argument is nothing more than an appeal to authority? The place or occupation of a person doesn't mean his (Goodell's) argument or position is correct, nor does it matter who advised or who agrees.
Moreover, Berman nor the 2nd Court of Appeals never ruled on the evidence nor even examined it, they ruled was the process within the framework of the contract in place. If Goodell got all the facts wrong, that matters not one iota. All that matters was is it in concordance with the contract. It is ruled to be so, and so it is.
Can't reason with someone who has no ability to reason.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Considering all the personal crap that's on those things, I have no problem with anybody taking a sledgehammer to one they want to get rid of. Timing? Of course he should have destroyed it when he did. They told him they didn't need it. My first inclination in his situation would be to do the exact same thing. Why wait around for them to change their minds, and look what happened with the personal info anyway. It got released, thanks to his little POS cell phone.

A few years back I read about a survey they conducted regarding people who find lost cell phones. Surprisingly, the majority in the poll, something like 57 percent, told the interviewers they attempted to or did return the phones to their owners. However, the vast majority of those folks admitted they went through the entire phone before returning it, looking at everything.

I found one in a supermarket parking lot a few years ago. I had zero interest in looking at anything on the phone. I simply returned it to a Sprint office since it was a Sprint phone, and let them figure out who it belonged to. Why should I care what some complete stranger has on their phone?

Husky25

Reaction Score
... He has listened to thousands of hours of evidence and testimony on this topic. He has the highest paid, most savvy legal counsel advising him on every step. He has a network of the smartest experts in every facet of the NFL at his disposal.
and imagine that. He STILL got it wrong.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

So, what's your point? Goodell learned to lie, cheat and steal from the best of them? Or you think Rozelle, Hunt and Tagliabue were all choirboys? Which is it?

Reaction Score
So, what's your point? Goodell learned to lie, cheat and steal from the best of them? Or you think Rozelle, Hunt and Tagliabue were all choirboys? Which is it?

Guessing no one knows, certainly not BYers despite the fact we have so many who believe they do. Good news for Goodell is he thinks he has something bad news is upstater disagrees, and Pats Nation too. Let's see who wins.

willie99

Reaction Score

what do you have against science? it's not real hard to learn something if you tried

science and scientists don't agree with Roger

Roger is a documented, proven liar, see Ray Rice

Roger manipulated facts and testimony.

Roger ignored all eyewitness / first hand testimony

Roger had a full season to do a study on ball pressure, he did nothing

The first judge mocked Roger's findings. The appeals judges said they're not ruling on the case, only saying Roger has the authority to do what he wants. Big difference

Roger manipulated the court of public opinion, allow me to add Deepster to the "thinking crowd" that swallowed hook line and sinker without reflex. He was depending on such an audience

If someone can only appeal to a higher authority, and that higher authority is Roger Goodall, I can only smirk as I'm shaking my head. After all, it's hard to miss all the mitigating testimony and findings, really really hard

Reaction Score

I think its laughable that some people that some people on this college basketball board think they know more than the commissioner of the NFL. On the highest profile topic that's on his desk.

Reaction Score
what do you have against science? it's not real hard to learn something if you tried

science and scientists don't agree with Roger

Roger is a documented, proven liar, see Ray Rice

Roger manipulated facts and testimony.

Roger ignored all eyewitness / first hand testimony

Roger had a full season to do a study on ball pressure, he did nothing

The first judge mocked Roger's findings. The appeals judges said they're not ruling on the case, only saying Roger has the authority to do what he wants. Big difference

Roger manipulated the court of public opinion, allow me to add Deepster to the "thinking crowd" that swallowed hook line and sinker without reflex. He was depending on such an audience

If someone can only appeal to a higher authority, and that higher authority is Roger Goodall, I can only smirk as I'm shaking my head. After all, it's hard to miss all the mitigating testimony and findings, really really hard

Maybe you should email him and enlighten him as to how he should do his job.

Reaction Score
Maybe you should email him and enlighten him as to how he should do his job.

It is hilarious huh Deep?I mean I already knew they were whacked but they're kicking it up a notch once again. The world against the Pats LOL

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

And yet his decisions get turned over in court time and time again. Whatever he is, he's most certainly ham fisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom