OT: There is Justice in the NFL | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: There is Justice in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, just an incredibly bad analogy. Delete worthy, in my view.
How so? Both were completely irrelevant to the outcome of any games. Remember, the Patriots beat the Colts 28-0 in the 2nd half with "properly inflated" balls to a 45-7 thrashing, and then won the Super Bowl with the most scrutinized balls this side of John Holmes.

Reaction Score
There is always something with this team. Spygate, deflategate, the reports how the Patriots would bug the visiting team locker rooms, etc. Where there is smoke, there is fire. I dont understand how Patriots fans can seriously defend all this stuff, and the argument of "everybody else does it" is weak in these situations.

Reaction Score
There is always something with this team. Spygate, deflategate, the reports how the Patriots would bug the visiting team locker rooms, etc. Where there is smoke, there is fire. I dont understand how Patriots fans can seriously defend all this stuff, and the argument of "everybody else does it" is weak in these situations.

Because the balls were at 11.3 PSI, exactly where science said they would be in 45 degree temperatures in the rain. Pretty easy to defend.

I agree with you that we can't know if the ballboy went into the bathroom and somehow managed to deflate .1 PSI from every ball, but my question to you would be this: why did he try to deflate .1 PSI from every ball?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The lack of Pats fans in this thread has me hopeful for humanity.

It's like they turned an evolutionary corner and caught up with the rest of the country in realizing that it is only fair to be punished for your misdeeds.

Im proud of your new attitude Patriots nation: "We cheated, we got caught, now we must live with the results"

Kudos. Everyone can grow.

Such a troll August, such a troll.

Reaction Score
Yeah, just an incredibly bad analogy. Delete worthy, in my view.

No kidding not even close.

Nate Miles never saw a game the balls did. And to throw Calhoun under the bus as a UConn fan in order to show how pure the Pats are is yet another lame move.

And I think it's ridiculous this is still in play, NFL looks as lame as that post.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Bhahahahahahah

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Nate Miles never saw a game the balls did. And to throw Calhoun under the bus as a UConn fan in order to show how pure the Pats are is yet another lame move.

Let's not toot our horn about this though. We were one (apparently false?) harassment claim away from from having a vacated season (and obviously no title to boot). Really dodged a bullet there. THAT would have been painful.

Reaction Score
This is very simple. If you think this was the Patriots cheating, then you think Jim Calhoun is a cheater. It had ZERO bearing on the game, just like a couple of transfers had ZERO impact on the academic progress of UConn basketball players in 2013. Not to mention all the cheating he did with Nate Miles. So get over yourself. Find another reason to hate the Patriots. Or declare yourself a UConn hater. One or the other.
This analogy could not make less sense if you tried.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This is literally the Super Bowl for Jets fans. Have your fun now. 1969 was a long time ago.

And what a glorious time it was. Upset of the century ( guaranteed ahead of time by a maverick QB) and made the NFL what it is today.
Let's look at the differences. Because it illustrates a time where men were men not this millennial wussification that Brady personifies.
Brady = protein shakes and domesticated by Giselle ( admittedly a catch)
Namath = Johnny walker Black and banging 3 Giselles at a time nightly on 4 inch Llama rug.

Brady = suspended for deflating footballs

Namath = suspended for owning a bar and hanging out with NY "5 family" mobsters.

The Pats can have their Superbowls . I'll take my one that changed the course of history orchestrated by the baddest to ever receive a snap.

Sorry for partying. Not sorry.

:)

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm just amused by August claiming not to be obsessed with the Pats.

Where did I claim I wasn't obsessed with the pats? I don't remember that.

Anyway I'm not obsessed with the pats. I am obsessed with pats fans. It is a facinating sociological study.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
This is very simple. If you think this was the Patriots cheating, then you think Jim Calhoun is a cheater. It had ZERO bearing on the game, just like a couple of transfers had ZERO impact on the academic progress of UConn basketball players in 2013. Not to mention all the cheating he did with Nate Miles. So get over yourself. Find another reason to hate the Patriots. Or declare yourself a UConn hater. One or the other.

If you think the Pats are innocent then you must think OJ was innocent!

Reaction Score
If you think the Pats are innocent then you must think OJ was innocent!
Funny you compared it to the OJ trial. The verdict is just as unbelievable. Anyone who doesn't think that Goodell overstepped his authority must also agree with the OJ verdict.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Funny you compared it to the OJ trial. The verdict is just as unbelievable. Anyone who doesn't think that Goodell overstepped his authority must also agree with the OJ verdict.

I was just trying to make a connection as illogical as the original. But this verdict is believable when you realize it is about the NFL's powers not about Brady.

Reaction Score
I was just trying to make a connection as illogical as the original. But this verdict is believable when you realize it is about the NFL's powers not about Brady.
Not when you consider that Goodell got to rule on an appeal of what basically his own ruling.

Reaction Score

I'm going to guess that you still believe the "11 out of 12 balls" story the NFL fed to the media in January 2015.

Reaction Score

Again, read the dissenting judge's opinion. He also happens to be the head judge.

Reaction Score
Why did Tom Brady destroy his cell phone before the NFL could investigate?

Because the NFL told him they didn't want his cell phone, they just wanted a transcript of the texts on his cellphone, which he provided. And this is why the Wells report says Brady cooperated with the investigation 100%, and why the Wells report makes absolutely no mention of anything to do with the cell phone.

The cell phone issue came up later in May during Brady's appeal process. There is good reason why the NFL brought it up. They realized that the punishment meted out by Troy Vincent for "general awareness" was not in the Vice President's purview, so they had to change the punishment in the appeal to something consistent with the CBA. When they discovered during the appeal that Brady had destroyed his phone (3 months after the Wells investigation and testimony in February) Goodell used that against him. This is a big issue in the court cases (Berman ruled that the NFL never notified Brady of the basis for potential punishment beforehand and therefore could not defend himself and appeal it because he had no idea the NFL thought he had done something wrong, especially when the Wells report is explicit when it states it did not want Brady's cell phone).

The whole reason Wells did not ask for the cell phone during the investigation is that Brady was reluctant to let the league see his personal information. With good reason. Since the NFL later released his texts mysteriously to the public. This is why we came to know Brady hates his pool cover guy, and why he thinks Manning only had 2 more years to play at most, etc.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
science be damned!!!!
legal opinions, worthless!!!
evidence, who needs it?

a lower court releases documents Roger tried to conceal and they reveal the NFL released false facts, ignored eyewitness testimony and even misrepresented TB's own testimony in their effort to win public opinion, doesn't matter

Roger's a documented liar, see Ray Rice, but that don't matter either

The only thing that matters to simpletons and haters is that Roger has the right to hold a Kangaroo Court, and to do as he pleases.

the game is rigged, there's nothing resembling "justice" to be found. Punch drunk haters can rejoice about a man's reputation being impugned, but only in their world.

There are still people who argue that there are no eyewitnesses that saw a large commercial airliner fly into the Pentagon on 9/11/2001, this idiocy pales when compared to that nonsense. When it comes to such rational and informed opinions, I state my case once and move on, they usually can't be reached.

PS: the commissioner's office will never be trusted with such authority again, the next union contract will look a whole lot different when it comes to disciplinary hearings. Roger's kangaroo court will be abolished

Reaction Score
Because the NFL told him they didn't want his cell phone, they just wanted a transcript of the texts on his cellphone, which he provided. And this is why the Wells report says Brady cooperated with the investigation 100%, and why the Wells report makes absolutely no mention of anything to do with the cell phone.

The cell phone issue came up later in May during Brady's appeal process. There is good reason why the NFL brought it up. They realized that the punishment meted out by Troy Vincent for "general awareness" was not in the Vice President's purview, so they had to change the punishment in the appeal to something consistent with the CBA. When they discovered during the appeal that Brady had destroyed his phone (3 months after the Wells investigation and testimony in February) Goodell used that against him. This is a big issue in the court cases (Berman ruled that the NFL never notified Brady of the basis for potential punishment beforehand and therefore could not defend himself and appeal it because he had no idea the NFL thought he had done something wrong, especially when the Wells report is explicit when it states it did not want Brady's cell phone).

The whole reason Wells did not ask for the cell phone during the investigation is that Brady was reluctant to let the league see his personal information. With good reason. Since the NFL later released his texts mysteriously to the public. This is why we came to know Brady hates his pool cover guy, and why he thinks Manning only had 2 more years to play at most, etc.

I don't really care but I think you went around the actual question of why he destroyed his cell phone. I mean think about it he destroyed it, ruined it. Ts5034 is curious about it, maybe it's easy to tweak text transcripts, I don't know. But I do know the timing is questionable wouldn't you agree?

Reaction Score
My high school age sister destroys a cell phone every few months.

Reaction Score
I don't really care but I think you went around the actual question of why he destroyed his cell phone. I mean think about it he destroyed it, ruined it. Ts5034 is curious about it, maybe it's easy to tweak text transcripts, I don't know. But I do know the timing is questionable wouldn't you agree?

You just totally disregarded everything I wrote.

The NFL asked him for the texts from the cell phone, and he provided them. So the NFL said thank you for cooperating fully. It was 3 months later that this became an issue, only AFTER they discovered he had destroyed his cell phone (something he says he does every 6 months).

By the way, if they were looking for texts to/from the equipment guy, they already had the equipment guys phone. And they found multiple texts from Brdy to the equipment guy on that phone. Even better, the texts that Brady provided to Wells corresponded exactly with what they had already gotten off the other phones. So it wasn't like Brady hid any texts in the transcript he gave Wells, even the texts in which he was discussing PSI with the equipment guy. He had no way of knowing which texts the NFL already had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom