OT: the Tao of Married life | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: the Tao of Married life

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I don't wish to say this, but women need us. They know it. They can't even do crap right between themselves. But the hard part is finding a woman who'll even admit that. The ones who do, are keepers. Took me 40 years just to learn that.

There even seems to be a co-relation between blown head gaskets in car engines and women.
I joke sometimes about how the end is nearing for me and my wife gets incredibly upset with this statement. It verifies what you are saying. But in the next breath she threatens to accelerate the process for making these absurd statements.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Last night was a ten. Today about a five.

The day is symbolic for her. I was going to tough it out and go but she was gracious enough to insist I heal. Translation she wasn't going to enjoy herself worrying about me. So we postponed the event.

The dilemma for me on the passive aggressive statement was whether she was joking or not. She chuckled as if she didn't mean it. If I agreed with her I'd be opening up Pandoras box. Maybe I really wanted to go to extreme measures to mess up her day. And if I didn't. Well as you say she's an Aries.
The only issue for me would be when this will be brought up again. Dude you may be in the clear for now, but its a 'major' debt that will and must be paid.

And unfortunately for husbands its never one for one.

Reaction Score
Butch my wife constantly admits it, during every freaking UConn game, or Super Bowl or when I want to get in my car and go anywhere/somewhere/nowhere. Sure at my age she's a keeper unless I want to die alone.
Clearly, both of you are insecure. ;)

She thinks you are going to take off on her, you think no one else wants you anyway. Kinda what I dealt with for a while except I wasn't interested in looking elsewhere much but my woman is open to learning, thankfully.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The only issue for me would be when this will be brought up again. Dude you may be in the clear for now, but its a 'major' debt that will and must be paid.

And unfortunately for husbands its never one for one.
You got that right. I'm already trying to lobby for a two for one. But you and I both know that won't cut it. My back's aching right now knowing the debt is there.

Reaction Score
I joke sometimes about how the end is nearing for me and my wife gets incredibly upset with this statement. It verifies what you are saying. But in the next breath she threatens to accelerate the process for making these absurd statements.
Women generally outlive us anyway. And then they also make a big deal out of polygny when it can protect them if a man intends that. But unfortunately, humans are humans...

For most of us, one wife is enough. Or for some, too much.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My wife and kids completely forgot Father's Day last year. All morning I was legitimately bummed but decided to go with it and bank the lifetime hall pass they were handing me. About 1:00 PM, my daughter's friend walks into the house and wishes me "Happy Fathers Day". All three of thier jaws hit the floor at once. I let them know just how upset I was (completely milked it) and then let it drop. I never opened the Fathers Day card my wife sheepishly gave me the next day. Every once in a while I use it but not too often. Lifetime Hall Pass.
Bah, I never worry about that particular Hallmark holiday. I can't count the number of times I've spent father's day coaching, or camping or doing something else that my kids want to do. Being a Dad is one of the great privileges of my life. No one needs to thank me for it. I've been happy to do it. I mean that sincerely.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Ok, so Mrs. CTMike has 3 pillows for bed. 2 are for her head, one is to flop on my side of the bed and generally become a nuisance to my beauty sleep. You can guess what happens when I try to remove pillow #3 from the equation.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
OK new one.

Got home from work last night with a touch of a bug. (Headache, throat, nose, all that)

Here is the conversation.

Me: I feel kinda crappy
Her: Whats wrong?
Me: :::told her the above symptons:::
Her : well, Im sure you have AXE, they were spraying yesterday you know.
Me: What the hell does AXE body spray have to do with my cold?
Her: ACTS not AXE. A-C-T-S ((yes she spelled it out)))
Me: ((still confused )) well what the is Acts ?
Her: Allergy Chem Trail Syndrome . did you look at the sky today?
Me: you're nuts, there is no such thing
Her: Yes there is, but I invented the abbreviation. Ive got a bunch of people using it in my facebook group. Stop being a sheep.

Chemtrails. smh

On the bright side, at least she's not in the local militia.

Reaction Score
These have been around a while, but they seem more than apt for this thread...

Men always hear "the rules" from the female side. Now here are the rules from the male side. These are our rules! Please note ... these are all numbered "1" ON PURPOSE!

1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You’re a big girl. If it’s up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don’t hear us bitching about you leaving it down.

1. Birthdays, Valentines, and Anniversaries are not quests to see if we can find the perfect present yet again!

1. Sometimes we are not thinking about you. Live with it.

Don’t cut your hair. Ever. Long hair is always more attractive than short hair. One of the big reasons guys fear getting married is that married women always cut their hair, and by then you’re stuck with her.

Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way.

Crying is blackmail.

1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints don’t do it!

We don’t remember dates. Mark birthdays and anniversaries on a calendar. Remind us frequently beforehand.

1. Most guys own three pairs of shoes - tops. What makes you think we’d be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?

1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That’s what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

Check your oil! Please.

1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.

1. If you think you’re fat, you probably are. Don’t ask us. We refuse to answer.

If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

Let us ogle. We are going to look anyway; it’s genetic.

You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.

The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two months we were going out. Get over it and quit whining to your girlfriends.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colours, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a colour. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

1. We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing’s wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

1. If you ask a question you don’t want an answer to, expect an answer you don’t want to hear.

When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really.

1. Don’t ask us what we’re thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as navel lint, the offside rule, investments or cars.

1. You have enough clothes.

You have too many shoes.

1. Foreign films are best left to foreigners. (Unless it’s Bruce Lee or some war flick where it doesn’t really matter what the hell they’re saying anyway.)

1. It is neither in your best interest or ours to take the quiz together. No, it doesn’t matter which quiz.

BEER is as exciting for us as handbags are for you.

1. I’m in shape. ROUND is a shape.

Thank you for reading this; Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight, but did you know we really don’t mind that, it’s like camping.
I really liked #1.

Reaction Score
My wife and kids completely forgot Father's Day last year. All morning I was legitimately bummed but decided to go with it and bank the lifetime hall pass they were handing me. About 1:00 PM, my daughter's friend walks into the house and wishes me "Happy Fathers Day". All three of thier jaws hit the floor at once. I let them know just how upset I was (completely milked it) and then let it drop. I never opened the Fathers Day card my wife sheepishly gave me the next day. Every once in a while I use it but not too often. Lifetime Hall Pass.

i just saw this. Last year i had a similar situation. I think i got my wife like diamond earrings for mothers day? My daughter was only 13 or 14 months at the time. Fathers day rolls around. i get a bunch of texts saying happy fathers day yet nothing from her. Then on the news she hears them say, happy fathers day and she goes, oh, happy father's day. I let that slide... Throughout the day she apologized over and over about not getting me anything for fathers day. Later on she found an excuse to leave the house and got me a card and took some flip flops she had bought me for an upcoming vacation and stuck them in a gift bag (one we already had in the house) and put some tissue on top of it. Happy fathers day!!! I'm still pissed off. I couldnt even express how pissed i was because it wouldnt come out right. I'm debating on not getting her anything this year, or just doing something really small... Could blow up in my face though.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
i just saw this. Last year i had a similar situation. I think i got my wife like diamond earrings for mothers day? My daughter was only 13 or 14 months at the time. Fathers day rolls around. i get a bunch of texts saying happy fathers day yet nothing from her. Then on the news she hears them say, happy fathers day and she goes, oh, happy father's day. I let that slide... Throughout the day she apologized over and over about not getting me anything for fathers day. Later on she found an excuse to leave the house and got me a card and took some flip flops she had bought me for an upcoming vacation and stuck them in a gift bag (one we already had in the house) and put some tissue on top of it. Happy fathers day!!! I'm still pissed off. I couldnt even express how pissed i was because it wouldnt come out right. I'm debating on not getting her anything this year, or just doing something really small... Could blow up in my face though.
It's gonna a blow up in your face. Take heed of rule #1 above.

You can say Valentines Day, Birthday and Mother's Day are not competitions for the perfect gift, but they won't listen. There wouldn't be a rule if it hasn't already happened.

Reaction Score
It's gonna a blow up in your face. Take heed of rule #1 above.

You can say Valentines Day, Birthday and Mother's Day are not competitions for the perfect gift, but they won't listen. There wouldn't be a rule if it hasn't already happened.

LOL ok V-day she doesnt believe in. So we just skip that altogether!! I lucked out there. Our Anniversary is tomorrow! But we have some other hectic crazy stuff going on so we agreed to celebrate it next Saturday instead, so i'm good there. And yea birthday I'll look out for her. My birthday is 18 days before hers, so she kinda knows how she does for me sets the tone for how i will do for her.

But yea this Mothers Day thing... I may have to take a bullet on this one and suffer. I'm a DAMN good father. Always there, its all about my wife and daughter, EVERYTHING. They both come before me. I'm not one that usually looks to be recognized but those flip flops was like a real smack in the face.... I cant get over it. So if thats how we are going to play things.... Lets take this year to prove a point for the standard of expectations going forward.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
My birthday was last Friday. Im still awaiting my card and gift. I dont really care except...... My wifes bday was 2 days prior. If I skipped card and gift the world wouldve exploded.

just an update.

Still waiting for card and gift. Its now 12 days past bday. Whats the statute of limitations here. Should I give up?

Reaction Score
LOL ok V-day she doesnt believe in. So we just skip that altogether!! I lucked out there. Our Anniversary is tomorrow! But we have some other hectic crazy stuff going on so we agreed to celebrate it next Saturday instead, so i'm good there. And yea birthday I'll look out for her. My birthday is 18 days before hers, so she kinda knows how she does for me sets the tone for how i will do for her.

But yea this Mothers Day thing... I may have to take a bullet on this one and suffer. I'm a DAMN good father. Always there, its all about my wife and daughter, EVERYTHING. They both come before me. I'm not one that usually looks to be recognized but those flip flops was like a real smack in the face.... I cant get over it. So if thats how we are going to play things.... Lets take this year to prove a point for the standard of expectations going forward.
U got balls!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
just an update.

Still waiting for card and gift. Its now 12 days past bday. Whats the statute of limitations here. Should I give up?
Suck it up. Make a trade and have her start voting for the tennis player instead. Tell her the signs are favorable for that player.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
just an update.

I'm pretty sure now the move is to wait for the perfect time to throw it back in her face? Seems reasonable.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
just an update.

Casually mention what you'd like for a birthday gift this year and wait for her expression as realization wafts across her face.

This is key- never admit to knowing that it had already passed.

August_West

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure now the move is to wait for the perfect time to throw it back in her face? Seems reasonable.

I was thinking along those lines. But in a more specific manner. There is a new effects pedal I want to buy for my guitar rig. I usually get killed when I spend money on that stuff now unless I run it by her first (and in fairness Ive bought A TON of stuff over the years, too much, so shes not generally wrong to keep me in check), so instead of Verbally throwing it in her face, Im thinking I order the pedal and when it gets delivered and I get the resulting heap of yelling that I say "well its my bday present".

Im trying poke holes in that plan for a vulnerability check, so far it seems pretty sturdy to me.

Reaction Score
Men buy the gifts on these Hallmark Holidays not to impress our wives/girlfriends or to show them love, but to keep the peace and to cover our arses. I always choose peace.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I was thinking along those lines. But in a more specific manner. There is a new effects pedal I want to buy for my guitar rig. I usually get killed when I spend money on that stuff now unless I run it by her first (and in fairness Ive bought A TON of stuff over the years, too much, so shes not generally wrong to keep me in check), so instead of Verbally throwing it in her face, Im thinking I order the pedal and when it gets delivered and I get the resulting heap of yelling that I say "well its my bday present".

Im trying poke holes in that plan for a vulnerability check, so far it seems pretty sturdy to me.
I don't see any downside!

Reaction Score
Men buy the gifts on these Hallmark Holidays not to impress our wives/girlfriends or to show them love, but to keep the peace and to cover our arses. I always choose peace.

Oh i hear you man, and completely understand. I'm trying to blaze the trail for some gender equality though! Use to be that meant women being treated fairly when being compared to their male counterparts, and in some cases it still does. But these are the cases where there was gender inequality that nobody is looking to improve. You want equality? Well pamper and spoil me on fathers day just as you expect to be pampered and spoiled on mothers day! Fair is fair. I do just as much, work just as hard... We share responsibilities so mother isnt doing more of anything for our child that I am not doing... So equal appreciation should be paid. Its a fight of principals....

But yea i'll probably lose the fight, end up apologizing and be lucky to get a card for fathers day! I gotta try though, even though its going to be a huge headache i'm sure.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Most of these places have gift wrapping and will enclose a small card with a message if you ask. You should have it wrapped, and have the card say "Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband! Love, Sweetums (or whatever you call her)." Then make a big deal out of it when it shows up on your doorstep. "Oh honey, you shouldn't have! And it's exactly what I wanted!"

August_West

Reaction Score
Most of these places have gift wrapping and will enclose a small card with a message if you ask. You should have it wrapped, and have the card say "Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband! Love, Sweetums (or whatever you call her)." Then make a big deal out of it when it shows up on your doorstep. "Oh honey, you shouldn't have! And it's exactly what I wanted!"

thats genius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog