OT: the Tao of Married life | Page 13 | The Boneyard

OT: the Tao of Married life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks everyone. As for your questions, mostly all of those things we've discussed and we've been living together for a while now so we have a good routine. Only thing we really disagree on in sports actually. She's not into them at all, and I'm huge into sports. She does go to UConn games with me though! In return, I go to Broadway shows with her...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Thanks everyone. As for your questions, mostly all of those things we've discussed and we've been living together for a while now so we have a good routine. Only thing we really disagree on in sports actually. She's not into them at all, and I'm huge into sports. She does go to UConn games with me though! In return, I go to Broadway shows with her...
It's all about the subtext.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
2. She breaks everything electrical. I suspect witchcraft. Brand new iPad Air 2...must be returned, typing doesn't work right. The internet is broken somehow. She can't make the blu-ray player work. The computer is slow. Her Verizon email won't send on her phone. This woman was a manager in the Fidelity IT department!
My wife is a fund accountant with State Street, yet I handle all investments. OTOH I work in IT and am the pc tech and network engineer for the household as soon as I step foot in the door.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
I just read the entire post and it was a great read. Married 43 years yesterday and wanted to let you all know that I figured something out a long ago. I readily admit to being way more than 50% of the problem....BUT not the whole problem. She has earned her nickname of "Miss Direction" over and over, is never satisfied with my cleaning (she doesn't get that I don't see dirt), fights unfairly (brings up old girlfriends from 35 years ago), fails the logic test and then gets accuses me of being "always right" ...oh the double standard. I could go and on but my point is... I am glad she'll still have me.
Wait a minute, you've been married 43 years and she brings up old girlfriends from 35 years ago? :D

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Wait a minute, you've been married 43 years and she brings up old girlfriends from 35 years ago? :D
At least she has a reason. I've been married 17 years and my wife brings up girlfriends from 25 years ago.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
At least she has a reason. I've been married 17 years and my wife brings up girlfriends from 25 years ago.
True, I think I have a similar time frame - 6 years hitched and the wife occasionally brings up an ex from 13-14 years ago (year or two before we met).

Reaction Score
My wife is a fund accountant with State Street, yet I handle all investments. OTOH I work in IT and am the pc tech and network engineer for the household as soon as I step foot in the door.

parallel lives. Scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak