OT: the Tao of Married life | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: the Tao of Married life

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
look for the Everybody Loves Raymond "Baggage" (season 7, #22) episode when Raymond leaves his suitcase on the stairs after he returns from a road trip
I watched this last night and it was PERFECT... I encourage anyone in this thread to spend the 20 minutes on Netflix to watch!

Reaction Score
My girlfriend is a master of these situations. She's telling me she's dying to go to the Blue White. (sure honey, a football scrimmage is right on top of your interests on Facebook) it boils down to me having an afternoon with my buddies while she's at home. Meanwhile she's had winery day written on the calendar this Saturday I have desire in attending thus IDGAF.

Reaction Score
My wife and kids completely forgot Father's Day last year. All morning I was legitimately bummed but decided to go with it and bank the lifetime hall pass they were handing me. About 1:00 PM, my daughter's friend walks into the house and wishes me "Happy Fathers Day". All three of thier jaws hit the floor at once. I let them know just how upset I was (completely milked it) and then let it drop. I never opened the Fathers Day card my wife sheepishly gave me the next day. Every once in a while I use it but not too often. Lifetime Hall Pass.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
My wife and kids completely forgot Father's Day last year. All morning I was legitimately bummed but decided to go with it and bank the lifetime hall pass they were handing me. About 1:00 PM, my daughter's friend walks into the house and wishes me "Happy Fathers Day". All three of thier jaws hit the floor at once. I let them know just how upset I was (completely milked it) and then let it drop. I never opened the Fathers Day card my wife sheepishly gave me the next day. Every once in a while I use it but not too often. Lifetime Hall Pass.

My birthday was last Friday. Im still awaiting my card and gift. I dont really care except................ My wifes bday was 2 days prior. If I skipped card and gift the world wouldve exploded.

August_West

Reaction Score
you guys realize what last Friday was, right?

Think about it.

but Im serious that was the day I was born.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
My birthday was last Friday. Im still awaiting my card and gift. I dont really care except...... My wifes bday was 2 days prior. If I skipped card and gift the world wouldve exploded.

Happy Birthday!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well I know *someone* who got his birthday wishes to you timely...

Reaction Score
Don't tell @ . He'll be jealous.

Just because you're on the men's board doesn't mean you get to cheat on me @August_West. I lurk. And I have spies everywhere.

And now . . . I must scuttle back to my pond. Haven't posted here in years. Feel like a fish out of water.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
My birthday was last Friday. Im still awaiting my card and gift. I dont really care except...... My wifes bday was 2 days prior. If I skipped card and gift the world wouldve exploded.

With both bdays that close, I would totally care. It ain't a one sided affair after all.

Although, I remain impressed with her mid game Rolling Rock run, of her own volition no less. That makes up for it from this perspective.

August_West

Reaction Score
OK new one.

Got home from work last night with a touch of a bug. (Headache, throat, nose, all that)

Here is the conversation.

Me: I feel kinda crappy
Her: Whats wrong?
Me: :::told her the above symptons:::
Her : well, Im sure you have AXE, they were spraying yesterday you know.
Me: What the hell does AXE body spray have to do with my cold?
Her: ACTS not AXE. A-C-T-S ((yes she spelled it out)))
Me: ((still confused )) well what the is Acts ?
Her: Allergy Chem Trail Syndrome . did you look at the sky today?
Me: you're nuts, there is no such thing
Her: Yes there is, but I invented the abbreviation. Ive got a bunch of people using it in my facebook group. Stop being a sheep.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
OK new one.

Got home from work last night with a touch of a bug. (Headache, throat, nose, all that)

Her: Yes there is, but I invented the abbreviation. Ive got a bunch of people using it in my facebook group. Stop being a sheep.
Not much different than the Boneyard. Here we get polluted on booze. When we lose we commiserate. When we win we celebrate.

She was noticing all the politicians flying around. Pollution from the 8 they spout comes pouring out of their jets.

Spend a little time away from the grill and get in touch with your alien feelings.

Today's my wife's birthday. We had plans to go to the Biltmore Inn at the Biltmore Estate.
I stole my wife's birthday. Hurt my back yesterday. Canceled the reservations and my wife is forced to care for me. She's been really sweet but has accused me of being passive aggressive for doing this. I couldn't decide if I should agree or disagree with her.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
OK new one.

I'm sitting here laughing. this is my life too. My wife will be like so remember the payment? I pause and think for a while.... She'll say it louder and slower... THE PAYMENT! Afraid to not know i'll say oh yea, when you paid for the mulch we just got delivered? what about it? NO. Oh you mean the payment for when you got that dental work done last week? OMG.... what the hell are you talking about? the PAYMENT, you know the movie we watch 2 weeks ago? How the hell am i supposed to know that she is talking about a movie? And then it turns into a whole big thing, but i'm the crazy one.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I couldn't decide if I should agree or disagree with her.
Agree with her. First, she's a woman. Second, she's an Aries.

You're screwed either way, but at least agreeing with her will give her the satisfaction that she may actually be training you after all these years.

I hope you feel better, and that she gets a proper birthday celebration when you do.

Signed,
Aries guy with wife and three daughters (two of whom are also Aries).

Reaction Score
I don't wish to say this, but women need us. They know it. They can't even do crap right between themselves. But the hard part is finding a woman who'll even admit that. The ones who do, are keepers. Took me 40 years just to learn that.

There even seems to be a co-relation between blown head gaskets in car engines and women.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Agree with her. First, she's a woman. Second, she's an Aries.

You're screwed either way, but at least agreeing with her will give her the satisfaction that she may actually be training you after all these years.

I hope you feel better, and that she gets a proper birthday celebration when you do.

Signed,
Aries guy with wife and three daughters (two of whom are also Aries).
Thanks. Last night was a ten. Today about a five.

The day is symbolic for her. I was going to tough it out and go but she was gracious enough to insist I heal. Translation she wasn't going to enjoy herself worrying about me. So we postponed the event.

The dilemma for me on the passive aggressive statement was whether she was joking or not. She chuckled as if she didn't mean it. If I agreed with her I'd be opening up Pandoras box. Maybe I really wanted to go to extreme measures to mess up her day. And if I didn't. Well as you say she's an Aries.

Reaction Score
I don't wish to say this, but women need us. They know it. They can't even do crap right between themselves. But the hard part is finding a woman who'll even admit that. The ones who do, are keepers. Took me 40 years just to learn that.

There even seems to be a co-relation between blown head gaskets in car engines and women.

Butch my wife constantly admits it, during every freaking UConn game, or Super Bowl or when I want to get in my car and go anywhere/somewhere/nowhere. Sure at my age she's a keeper unless I want to die alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom