OT - Multiple sources reporting investigation of Patriots | Page 11 | The Boneyard

OT - Multiple sources reporting investigation of Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Holy sheet, you are an absolute idiot. I never said where it happened is important and I didn't bring it up, you and bonehead were posting about that. I eventually posted that Sandusky used Penn State as his personal child rape playground because that was just one of the differences that came to mind after you claimed the Penn State and UConn music teacher thing are a perfect comparison and then stated Sandusky never did anything on campus. The rape of the kid in the Penn State showers was kind of a big thing, it absolutely traumatized McQueary and I'm guessing it really traumatized the little kid it happened to. When the janitor witnessed Sandusky using his mouth on the kid's private parts in the Penn State locker room it traumatized the man so much that he said he had worse PTSD from that then he did from all the killing he saw in the Korean War. You are the one who brought up the UConn music teacher as an equal comparison to Penn State, you are the one who brought up location saying Sandusky never did anything on campus and you are the one who keeps lying. I see you can't even admit that the Patriots deflating footballs this past weekend is cheating. You really love defending the indefensible. I'm glad I didn't see your posts back in the day when the Sandusky story broke.

How is this different that the UConn professor raping kids at camp and assaulting people on campus? And the link I gave you has victim #2 saying he was raped in Sandusky's home, not in the showers. Which is why the prosecution and defense never called the victim to testify during trial, and which is why Sandusky was acquitted of those charges, as the ESPN link I gave you showed. You have a clear problem with facts.

Reaction Score
I tried to tell him that - he wouldnt listen...

The difference is that you guys aren't willing to call out UConn for covering up a child rapist. how creepy.

Reaction Score
You say it doesnt matter, and maybe you are correct, but could you share the document that states the molestation by Robert Miller, former head of the UConn Music Department, happened on campus?
I am not finding any documentation or news articles stating that. I am not calling you wrong, any names, just want to read that for myself please?

For example both of these articles do not state molestation occurred on campus and actually state at his home - are you saying his home is on the Storrs campus??
Thanks,

"According to the State police, four of the boys alleged that they were inappropriately touched at Miller's home in 1992. At the time, the boys were attending the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp in Ashford, a camp that actor Paul Newman established in 1988 for sick children.

The molestation occurred when Miller was a counselor of the camp from 1989 to 1992. He used to take the children often away from the camp on unofficial trips to his home for overnight stays. The boys stated that he would often make them remove their clothes, saying that he had to check them for ticks and bruises."

Read more: http://www.universityherald.com/art...xual-misconduct-molestation.htm#ixzz3PUKAOEY3

"State Police said the parents of the boys who attended the camp and allege they were molested by Miller found out about the accusations and told camp officials, who then fired Miller.

State police say the accusers at the camp allege they stayed overnight at Miller's house several times and he often would make them take off their clothes, saying he had to check them for ticks and bruises. All the boys suffered from hemophilia, a bleeding disorder in which the blood doesn't clot normally, state police said. "

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/UConn-professor-investigated-for-alleged-child-4665571.php

First, I don't care about whether it happened on campus or not. I don't know why you care so much. Second, I said he assaulted people on campus. The article doesn't say whom but I assume it was UConn students:

http://articles.courant.com/2014-05..._miller-and-woods-allegations-music-professor

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
[
First, I don't care about whether it happened on campus or not. I don't know why you care so much. Second, I said he assaulted people on campus. The article doesn't say whom but I assume it was UConn students:

http://articles.courant.com/2014-05..._miller-and-woods-allegations-music-professor

I didnt see where this article stated he assaulted people on campus?? Can you copy and paste it for me, my glasses need a tune up.

Never assume - makes an ass-u-me

How is it different - you know the answer...you are brighter than that.

Reaction Score
[

I didnt see where this article stated he assaulted people on campus?? Can you copy and paste it for me, my glasses need a tune up.

Never assume - makes an ass-u-me

How is it different - you know the answer...you are brighter than that.

wrong articles: Try here:

http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2014/02...port-on-professors-alleged-sexual-misconduct/

and here: “[Our] investigation revealed strong, credible evidence that Professor Miller engaged in serious misconduct with minors and with University students. In addition, special counsel found the response of University officials prior to February 2013 was insufficient to ensure the safety of minors on campus and of University students,” the report reads.

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/UConn-professor-investigated-for-alleged-child-4665571.php

This is the one after the outside investigation:

Another complaint was made to the university's Title IX coordinator on June 26 under UConn's sexual assault policy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes, there is a rule against that during the game. The teams are not supposed to touch the balls at that point.

Only the problem is that the Vikings and Titans did it this year with no repercussions. Also, Aaron Rodgers was on his radio show today saying he overinflates the ball and tries to get it past the referees. But they keep deflating the damn thing.
It makes sense that there would be, but I haven't seen it. Then again, I haven't really looked at that hard. Do have an link that mentions the rule or a quote of the text?

Bonehead

Reaction Score
wrong articles: Try here:

http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2014/02...rt-on-professors-alleged-s e xual-misconduct/

and here: “[Our] investigation revealed strong, credible evidence that Professor Miller engaged in serious misconduct with minors and with University students. In addition, special counsel found the response of University officials prior to February 2013 was insufficient to ensure the safety of minors on campus and of University students,” the report reads.

This is the one after the outside investigation:

I am sorry and maybe it isnt important but you stated he assaulted on campus - I still dont see where it stated that...whether you think it is important or not you continue to say it but I cant see it.
I will admit you are right when I do...

Reaction Score
It makes sense that there would be, but I haven't seen it. Then again, I haven't really looked at that hard. Do have an link that mentions the rule or a quote of the text?

Here it is:

The Ball must be a “Wilson,” hand selected, bearing the signature of the Commissioner of the League, Roger Goodell.

The ball shall be made up of an inflated (12 1/2 to 13 1/2 pounds) urethane bladder enclosed in a pebble grained, leather case (natural tan color) without corrugations of any kind. It shall have the form of a prolate spheroid and the size and weight shall be: long axis, 11 to 11 1/4 inches; long circumference, 28 to 28 1/2 inches; short circumference, 21 to 21 1/4 inches; weight, 14 to 15 ounces.

The Referee shall be the sole judge as to whether all balls offered for play comply with these specifications. A pump is to be furnished by the home club, and the balls shall remain under the supervision of the Referee until they are delivered to the ball attendant just prior to the start of the game.

Each team will make 12 primary balls available for testing by the Referee two hours and 15 minutes prior to the starting time of the game to meet League requirements. The home team will also make 12 backup balls available for testing in all stadiums. In addition, the visitors, at their discretion, may bring 12 backup balls to be tested by the Referee for games held in outdoor stadiums. For all games, eight new footballs, sealed in a special box and shipped by the manufacturer to the Referee, will be opened in the officials’ locker room two hours and 15 minutes prior to the starting time of the game.

These balls are to be specially marked by the Referee and used exclusively for the kicking game.

In the event a home team ball does not conform to specifications, or its supply is exhausted, the Referee shall secure a proper ball from the visitors and, failing that, use the best available ball. Any such circumstances must be reported to the Commissioner.

In case of rain or a wet, muddy, or slippery field, a playable ball shall be used at the request of the offensive team’s center.

The Game Clock shall not stop for such action (unless undue delay occurs).

Note: It is the responsibility of the home team to furnish playable balls at all times by attendants from either side of the playing field.

Reaction Score
I am sorry and maybe it isnt important but you stated he assaulted on campus - I still dont see where it stated that...whether you think it is important or not you continue to say it but I cant see it.
I will admit you are right when I do...

It said the complaint was made under UConn's sexual assault policy. This is related at universities to Title IX. I quoted it.

CL82

Reaction Score
According to ESPN, 11 of 12 balls that Patriots had under their control were well under league standards. Had no real impact on the game, maybe the pats would have won by just 21 instead of 35; but, the Pats, who had been caught before, are basically waving a big red flag in front of a bull. A major fine and loss of draft picks as a result of SpyGate clearly did not do much. Plus, what team would not give up some cash and a few draft picks to play in the Super Bowl? The only thing that the Hooded One cares about is winning. So, suspend him from the Super Bowl. That should get Coach Belichick's attention.
Belichick, like Calhoun, isn't the most likeable guy, he's likely to get more attention.

CL82

Reaction Score
Here it is:

The Ball must be a “Wilson,” hand selected, bearing the signature of the Commissioner of the League, Roger Goodell.

The ball shall be made up of an inflated (12 1/2 to 13 1/2 pounds) urethane bladder enclosed in a pebble grained, leather case (natural tan color) without corrugations of any kind. It shall have the form of a prolate spheroid and the size and weight shall be: long axis, 11 to 11 1/4 inches; long circumference, 28 to 28 1/2 inches; short circumference, 21 to 21 1/4 inches; weight, 14 to 15 ounces.

The Referee shall be the sole judge as to whether all balls offered for play comply with these specifications. A pump is to be furnished by the home club, and the balls shall remain under the supervision of the Referee until they are delivered to the ball attendant just prior to the start of the game.

Each team will make 12 primary balls available for testing by the Referee two hours and 15 minutes prior to the starting time of the game to meet League requirements. The home team will also make 12 backup balls available for testing in all stadiums. In addition, the visitors, at their discretion, may bring 12 backup balls to be tested by the Referee for games held in outdoor stadiums. For all games, eight new footballs, sealed in a special box and shipped by the manufacturer to the Referee, will be opened in the officials’ locker room two hours and 15 minutes prior to the starting time of the game.

These balls are to be specially marked by the Referee and used exclusively for the kicking game.

In the event a home team ball does not conform to specifications, or its supply is exhausted, the Referee shall secure a proper ball from the visitors and, failing that, use the best available ball. Any such circumstances must be reported to the Commissioner.

In case of rain or a wet, muddy, or slippery field, a playable ball shall be used at the request of the offensive team’s center.

The Game Clock shall not stop for such action (unless undue delay occurs).

Note: It is the responsibility of the home team to furnish playable balls at all times by attendants from either side of the playing field.
Thanks!

This seems like the operative language:

I'm curious to find out what the actual psi readings were.

As a fan, I'm relatively unconcerned since it doesn't change the game outcome.

Reaction Score
Belichick, like Calhoun, isn't the most likeable guy, he's likely to get more attention.

Yep, they are tough on the media. Which is what counts in the entertainment industry.

Reaction Score
Thanks!

This seems like the operative language:

I'm curious to find out what the actual psi readings were.

As a fan, I'm relatively unconcerned since it doesn't change the game outcome.

Actual readings were 11 PSI or thereabouts. But nothing more has been said. If they are all the same, then someone used exact methods. I'm alo curious how the conversations with the refs went: "You checked the balls>" "Yes, we checked them." "You know your job depends on it?" "Yes." "You sure you checked them?" "Absolutely!" "You didn't just squeeze them, did you?" "No we did not." "And you didn't notice it as you were handling the ball in the first half?" "Well, our hands were cold."

Bonehead

Reaction Score
It said the complaint was made under UConn's s e xual assault policy. This is related at universities to Title IX. I quoted it.

There is no article that states assaults to place on campus.

Reaction Score
There is no article that states assaults to place on campus.

So even though I highlighted the quote that says there was a violation of the UConn sexual assault policy, there's no mention of it? UConn used to have the report up on its website but it is down now. It was a sexual assault violation. It says so right in the article. I linked to it. What is so difficult about that?

Bonehead

Reaction Score
So even though I highlighted the quote that says there was a violation of the UConn s e xual assault policy, there's no mention of it? UConn used to have the report up on its website but it is down now. It was a s e xual assault violation. It says so right in the article. I linked to it. What is so difficult about that?
Complaint made under policy doesn't mean it occurred on campus. It says no where in that article that the assault took place on campus. You are either assuming that or making it up in my opinion.

Every article I posted said the alleged assaults took place at a camp in Ashford and at his home.

You stated assaults took place on campus but no where does it say that. You are defining the complaint under the Title as it happened on campus. You are assuming that in my opinion.

If a professor assaulted me off campus I could file under that Title due to his employment.

No??

Reaction Score
Complaint made under policy doesn't mean it occurred on campus. It says no where in that article that the assault took place on campus. You are either assuming that or making it up in my opinion.

Every article I posted said the alleged assaults took place at a camp in Ashford and at his home.

You stated assaults took place on campus but no where does it say that. You are defining the complaint under the Title as it happened on campus. You are assuming that in my opinion.

If a professor assaulted me off campus I could file under that Title due to his employment.

No??

No, you couldn't file a UConn title IX complaint for an off-campus sexualassault.

Unless it was part of your official coursework or even an internship.

Here's the UConn language: "It is necessary for students in many programs to complete practica or internships within outside organizations. Employees also may be assigned to work at external sites as a part of their job duties. The University’s legal and ethical obligations to protect the civil rights of students and staff extends to those settings."

Once off campus, you're in the local jurisdiction. This is why there was no Title IX Sexual Assault grievance filed in the FSU case. It was the local police that handled, err botched, that.

If the sexual assault happened off campus during a classroom related event or internship, if Miller had done that, then you're right that it would fall under Title IX. But his assaulting say a kid or a 17 year old boy at a camp elsewhere would not result in a Title IX charge.

Reaction Score
Oh I get it. The Patriots can't be trusted but you're going to put your faith in a convicted felon ex-Governor. That seems like a good idea.

Do you even know where the proposed site for the Patriots stadium was located? On the same site that a steam plant sat on. Guess what? It's still there. Why? Because the ground underneath it can't support the weight of a stadium that big. Oh, and there's the whole thing about supplying energy and chilled water to a good chunk of downtown Hartford. Guess how long it took for our beloved state to figure out that this site was a bad idea? Over a year. Now guess who signed off on a binding contract that stated if Connecticut didn't break ground within 1 year of the announcement that Kraft could back out? Yup, that same convicted felon that you claim got screwed.

Just as a bonus illustration of just how trustworthy our CT politicians have been - can you take a stab at another venue that Rowland wanted to replace/upgrade? This one was on contingency that a certain NHL team would not relocate from the city. Yup, the XL Center still stands and, until this past summer when they added the booze lounge (but failed to sufficiently expand concourse areas, bathrooms, and improve flow around the arena), the only thing they've done to that building from Rowland's time to now was demo the old mall that surrounded the arena.

If you want to hate the Patriots, I couldn't care less. But I think your reasoning to hate them needs to change from the same tired old rhetoric that they somehow "screwed" Hartford/Connecticut . They did no such thing. Connecticut screwed Connecticut, just like it did when the Whalers left. Just like it did when it took WAY too long for Lew Perkins' dream of moving UCONN football to D-1. Just like it is doing now by driving some of the state's more talented workforce to relocate to other states.

Hate the Patriots because of the obnoxious fans. Hate 'em because you want to see someone else atop the AFC East for once. Hate them because they're affiliated with Boston and you also hate the Red Sox/Bruins/Celtics/BCU. I don't care why you hate them, unless that hate stems from an uninformed opinion that the Patriots somehow screwed Hartford/Connecticut. If I was Bob Kraft, I would have done the EXACT SAME THING. And you know what? He was right. The state never came up with a viable site for their stadium until years later when UTC donated land to build the Rent, which opened up AFTER Gillette Stadium.
I never mentioned the convicted felon in my diatribe. They screwed the people of CT. Indirectly, they screwed UConn. They never intended to come to CT. They toyed with us to get what they wanted. Now they are cheaters using deflated balls along with prior cheating methods that they used. I hate them for their policies, their treachery. Just like BCU and FSU. They could lock the felon up and throw away the key. I could care less. They could take BCU, FSU, and Billybud with him.

Reaction Score
Here you guys go again. You don't give up.

NFL.com even said Mortensen's report was untrue, bad sources. Only one of the balls was significantly deflated, not 12.

AND, read this latest report and tell me it makes any sense. Here are the notable contradictions:

1. There were 24 K-Balls. They are controlled by the alternate ref. They are all in one bag. What are the chances that the ref is going to choose the deflated one so that the Colts K/P will have to use it? 1 in 24. AND, the risk is that the Patriots' K/P would have to use the same ball.

2. This article contradicts totally what Troy Vincent said. He said that the NFL's Matt Kensil was first alerted to the question of deflated footballs by the Colts GM Ryan Grigson. So, is Troy Vincent lying?

3. The only way that Troy Vincent's claim does not contradict is for this Patriots employee McNally to have tried to pass the ball off after Grigson alerted Kensil just before halftime. So the ESPN story's timeline would be off.

4. If the timeline is off, it could be McNally tried to pass off the ball right after halftime, which would explain the big delay noticed by the NBC announcers before the Patriots' first 2nd half series. But then, think about this. If the problem right there was that the Pats' employee tried to pass off a K-Ball in that instant, you're saying that he (presumably at the behest of the Patriots) wanted the Patriots' O to play with a K-ball? People should know K-Ball's are different then regular offense balls, and not because of their inflation. They have the waxy sheen on them, and especially in rain, would be hell to play with. It makes no sense.

5. In the future, the Patriots henchman should try to pass off K-balls by using the same markings on the balls that the refs use. In that way, the alternate ref in charge of the balls will be fooled and not notice.

Lastly I have no idea who has access to these balls and how the attendant passes them to the alternate ref or what goes on in the chain of command. I imagine that maybe the kickers on the sideline are using K-balls. Unmarked? Marked? Who knows.

Reaction Score
all Seattle had to do was run 'n ball from the 1 yard line on 2nd down with 30 seconds to go and none of this would matter

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Here you guys go again. You don't give up.

NFL.com even said Mortensen's report was untrue, bad sources. Only one of the balls was significantly deflated, not 12.

AND, read this latest report and tell me it makes any sense. Here are the notable contradictions:

1. There were 24 K-Balls. They are controlled by the alternate ref. They are all in one bag. What are the chances that the ref is going to choose the deflated one so that the Colts K/P will have to use it? 1 in 24. AND, the risk is that the Patriots' K/P would have to use the same ball.

2. This article contradicts totally what Troy Vincent said. He said that the NFL's Matt Kensil was first alerted to the question of deflated footballs by the Colts GM Ryan Grigson. So, is Troy Vincent lying?

3. The only way that Troy Vincent's claim does not contradict is for this Patriots employee McNally to have tried to pass the ball off after Grigson alerted Kensil just before halftime. So the ESPN story's timeline would be off.

4. If the timeline is off, it could be McNally tried to pass off the ball right after halftime, which would explain the big delay noticed by the NBC announcers before the Patriots' first 2nd half series. But then, think about this. If the problem right there was that the Pats' employee tried to pass off a K-Ball in that instant, you're saying that he (presumably at the behest of the Patriots) wanted the Patriots' O to play with a K-ball? People should know K-Ball's are different then regular offense balls, and not because of their inflation. They have the waxy sheen on them, and especially in rain, would be hell to play with. It makes no sense.

5. In the future, the Patriots henchman should try to pass off K-balls by using the same markings on the balls that the refs use. In that way, the alternate ref in charge of the balls will be fooled and not notice.

Lastly I have no idea who has access to these balls and how the attendant passes them to the alternate ref or what goes on in the chain of command. I imagine that maybe the kickers on the sideline are using K-balls. Unmarked? Marked? Who knows.

But of course - the Patriots have never done anything close to resembling pushing the limits of rules - my bad...

You guys is the media?

Reaction Score
This report is bogus. An under-inflated kicking ball would have been detrimental to the Pats. An over-inflated kicking ball could be a benefit, but if they purposely over-inflated it why would the Pats have drawn attention handing an easily spotted non-kicking ball to the ref. This whole tale doesn't make sense, especially when each team has its own set of footballs, including K balls. I'm with Bob Kraft. The league owes the Pats an apology.

Reaction Score
But of course - the Patriots have never done anything close to resembling pushing the limits of rules - my bad...

You guys is the media?

Just keep to your irrationality and illogic.

Reaction Score
This report is bogus. An under-inflated kicking ball would have been detrimental to the Pats. An over-inflated kicking ball could be a benefit, but if they purposely over-inflated it why would the Pats have drawn attention handing an easily spotted non-kicking ball to the ref. This whole tale doesn't make sense, especially when each team has its own set of footballs, including K balls. I'm with Bob Kraft. The league owes the Pats an apology.

Actually, each team doesn't have a set of kicking balls. Those are controlled by the refs. Maybe their attendants. I dont know how it works but I do know the refs have the kicking balls. Those are straight out of the box, no roughing them up, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom