OT - Multiple sources reporting investigation of Patriots | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT - Multiple sources reporting investigation of Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
are you crazy? This might help them - East Coast Raiders.
I thought about that and the Pistons. I think there is a difference between being ultra violent thugs and being cheaters. Its one thing to take a few heads off, and another to be sneaking around cheating. The latter is not cool.

Reaction Score
He should be more concerned with losing season ticket holders. How does a fanbase outside New England help him?
There is a ton of money in licensing and merchandise.

I don't see them losing ticket holders. Belicheck could commit ritualistic murder on the field, and the fans are still coming to Foxboro.

Reaction Score

But that money is all shared, with the exception of Dallas. The revenue is split evenly. Dallas gets no share of NFL licensing and merchandising revenue.

Reaction Score
Yes. This where Kraft has to make a decision whether Patriots Football is about winning the right way with integrity or just winning. The negative image being created will hit him in the pocket book as they loose fan base outside of the immediate geographic area. Nobody wants to support cheaters.
Haha.

You'd thibk UConn fans would be able to recognize a stupid scandal by now, but silly me for expecting this board to be logical about anything.

Reaction Score
Haha.

You'd thibk UConn fans would be able to recognize a stupid scandal by now, but silly me for expecting this board to be logical about anything.

I dont think the league is going to think this one is stupid. If this turns out to be true, he's a repeat offender. I wouldn't be surprised with a pretty harsh punishment.

Reaction Score
I dont think the league is going to think this one is stupid. If this turns out to be true, he's a repeat offender. I wouldn't be surprised with a pretty harsh punishment.

he's not a repeat offender, this is the first deflated balls issue with them.

Reaction Score
he's not a repeat offender, this is the first deflated balls issue with them.

But when Belichick says, "We do this every week," the NFL will be like, "Wut??!?!?!" Just like he did last time. Belichick was like, I film every week. My camera guy has a huge camera the size of pig and he stands right on the sidelines every game. In plain view.

Reaction Score

I don't see them losing ticket holders. Belicheck could commit ritualistic murder on the field, and the fans are still coming to Foxboro.

Murder and Patriots should not be used together in the same sentence lightly...

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Ugh... this is a classic head game. It's the equivalent of a manager asking to see if a pitcher has a foreign substance on the bill of his cap. Anyone who thinks this has any real effect on the game is crazy. It's going to be a major distraction for a while.. heck I wouldn't be surprised if the allegation came from Seattle.

Reaction Score
Ugh... this is a classic head game. It's the equivalent of a manager asking to see if a pitcher has a foreign substance on the bill of his cap. Anyone who thinks this has any real effect on the game is crazy. It's going to be a major distraction for a while.. heck I wouldn't be surprised if the allegation came from Seattle.
It came from the Colts after an interception, we already know that.

Reaction Score
Hardly the point.
I'm just saying, it didn't come from Seattle, we know where it came from and it was substantiated. It had no effect on the outcome of the game but it does show a continued willingness by the organization to cheat.

Reaction Score
It came from the Colts after an interception, we already know that.

There's an insider on Boston.com who says the NFL also investigated the Patriots last week for the Ravens game for the same issue, only that time it was for the K balls (i.e. kicking balls). Of course, the K balls are never handled by the teams. And, it was 10 degrees out! The balls were like rocks. Apparently, this issue has been going around the league in the last week and a half.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I'm just saying, it didn't come from Seattle, we know where it came from and it was substantiated. It had no effect on the outcome of the game but it does show a continued willingness by the organization to cheat.

My point, mainly, is that it'll probably have more of an effect on the Super Bowl than the actual Pats Colts game.

Reaction Score
My point, mainly, is that it'll probably have more of an effect on the Super Bowl than the actual Pats Colts game.
People aren't claiming it had an effect on the Colts game....

Reaction Score
I just gave you the counts against Sandusky in a link. That link proves you are NOT in command of the facts.
He didn't rape them on campus. It's totally irrelevant anyway. Who cares where these monsters rape kids?
You're the one making the distinction about where the rapes happen. I don't care. You are trying to deflect and excuse the rapes based on where they happen.
UConn football coach did/didn't rape kids? WTF are you talking about? We're talking about the UConn administration and a music teacher. You're deranged.
Even worse, the rapists in this case were academics (a UConn music teacher) and a former football coach. So, get all football coaches and academics off campus!!
upstater, Monday at 11:14 PM Once again these are your words, you have proven over and over again to be a liar. So I guess you think McQueary made up what he saw in the shower and the janitor made up what he saw in the locker room, I feel queasy even rehashing this stuff. These people had so much to gain by making up these events and who would believe that Sandusky would do such things with children??? You sir are a creep.

Reaction Score
it's a lot of butthurt over nothing.
While I agree it's overblown, he has to face some sort of punishment, whether it's a sizeable fine, loss of draft picks, or a suspension.

Reaction Score
While I agree it's overblown, he has to face some sort of punishment, whether it's a sizeable fine, loss of draft picks, or a suspension.

I guess the league has to do something now. I'm not even a Pats fan, and I have very mixed emotions over this. Shouldn't the game officials have noticed this DURING the game and taken action then????

Edit: I mean, they played AT LEAST a half of football with soft balls (that really doesn't sound right....) and no one noticed? Most of all, the people that are responsible for checking the balls??? (that also doesn't sound right.....)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Even worse, the rapists in this case were academics (a UConn music teacher) and a former football coach. So, get all football coaches and academics off campus!!
upstater, Monday at 11:14 PM Once again these are your words, you have proven over and over again to be a liar. So I guess you think McQueary made up what he saw in the shower and the janitor made up what he saw in the locker room, I feel queasy even rehashing this stuff. These people had so much to gain by making up these events and who would believe that Sandusky would do such things with children??? You sir are a creep.

"former football coach is Sandusky"." That's what the very next post says.

I provided the link that showed where Sandusky committed his crimes. Read it, because you are wrong. You are trying to make this an on campus/off campus thing to paper over the crimes of the UConn guy. It doesn't matter where rapists rape. The whole discussion is about the school's response to allegations. In both cases, you had cover ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom