OT - Multiple sources reporting investigation of Patriots | Page 13 | The Boneyard

OT - Multiple sources reporting investigation of Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not going down that road with you again - I didn't derail it but you are trying.

You mentioned Paterno 4 times in the last page. Again you're being a hypocrite.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Spygate = Not what was on the film but rather WHERE they were filming. This was legal before 2007 btw. It slays me how people think Spygate was so heinous even though every tape they confiscated was actually legal at the time it was taped. If the Pats have such a history of cheating than why have the numerous amount of former players/coaches/employees who've left on awful terms never said anything?
Good point - if belichick is so good what happened in Cleveland?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not surprising to anyone that the NFL officiating crew was at the center of this. Once the story went beyond 48 hours it was obvious that the NFL had an internal problem. Otherwise they would have hung the Pats out to dry and killed the story. The NFL couldn't kill the story because they were the story.

One of the most basic and lasting lessons I learned when I was in the military involved theft and fraud. While it's tempting to look externally for a culprit, the answer was almost always a bad actor internally.

Reaction Score
I'm not. I'm a Vikings fan and wife is patriots fan. Respect them tremendously but they have a lot of cobwebs in their closets.

Believe what u wish - where there is smoke their is usually a fire.
You think I'm a hater that's fine - I will still sleep well tonight.

As do most teams, except the newer franchises like the Texans. For example, if the media regularly mentioned the story of how Vikings coaches killed Korey Stringer over the course of a decade, casual fans would be more likely to believe the next negative story about the team, whether it actually happened or not.

Serious question - if all the smoke is just smoke why do u feel you (pats fans) need to defend so vigorously?

I'm not sure where you're going with this question. If a Syracuse fan jumps into a thread and starts saying outrageous and inaccurate things about UConn basketball's APR issues, we should just let that slide? If a casual UConn fan who doesn't attend football games starts mocking the season ticket holders, no one is going to muster a defense?

On the flip side, when someone posts something inflammatory like the examples above, gets the reaction they want and then claims "I don't know why everyone's getting so upset," they know exactly what they are doing.

To be fair, I haven't re-read all the posts in this month-long thread, so I'm not saying you were doing that, but there have been some ridiculous conclusions jumped to.

Do you believe pats knew AH was using PCP but still allowed him to play - curious?

I don't know. Maybe. If he was passing his drug tests and not giving coaches or teammates any reason to suspect him during practices/meeting/games, how would they know? Maybe it will come out at the trial.

Be careful who u agree with on here - people might think you believe Joe pa was a good catholic and a good man on association only-
;)

Duly noted. Turnabout is fair play. :)

Reaction Score
If you have not learned from the SEC, operations are as vital as play on the field. So yeah, they all have cobwebs. Players have to fight owners in all leagues to get "fair pay".

Bonehead

Reaction Score
If you have not learned from the SEC, operations are as vital as play on the field. So yeah, they all have cobwebs. Players have to fight owners in all leagues to get "fair pay".
Those are highly visible cobwebs that are not found in 'closet'...

Reaction Score
Good point - if belichick is so good what happened in Cleveland?

Did you ever look into the season performance before, and after, the move to Baltimore was leaked?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
INDIANAPOLIS -- Cleveland Browns general manager Ray Farmer on Thursday apologized for his starring role in the texting scandal currently under investigation by the NFL.

One day after coach Mike Pettine admitted that he "wasn't thrilled" with Farmer texting down to the sideline during games, Farmer owned up to it.

"I would like to first extend an apology to the Cleveland Brown fans," Farmer said. "I know there's gonna be a lot of questions, a lot of inquiry about texting and Text Gate or whatever the new term is. So everybody hears it from my mouth: It was me.

This is hilarious. Cleveland is implicating themselves in a "scandal" in what can only be considered a blatant attempt to draw attention TO their team, and no one gives a . Is "text-gate" really a term if no one uses it?

Cleveland would duckk up a Bill Belichick era...oh wait they already did that...:rolleyes:

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Here you guys go again. You don't give up.

NFL.com even said Mortensen's report was untrue, bad sources. Only one of the balls was significantly deflated, not 12.

AND, read this latest report and tell me it makes any sense. Here are the notable contradictions:

1. There were 24 K-Balls. They are controlled by the alternate ref. They are all in one bag. What are the chances that the ref is going to choose the deflated one so that the Colts K/P will have to use it? 1 in 24. AND, the risk is that the Patriots' K/P would have to use the same ball.

2. This article contradicts totally what Troy Vincent said. He said that the NFL's Matt Kensil was first alerted to the question of deflated footballs by the Colts GM Ryan Grigson. So, is Troy Vincent lying?

3. The only way that Troy Vincent's claim does not contradict is for this Patriots employee McNally to have tried to pass the ball off after Grigson alerted Kensil just before halftime. So the ESPN story's timeline would be off.

4. If the timeline is off, it could be McNally tried to pass off the ball right after halftime, which would explain the big delay noticed by the NBC announcers before the Patriots' first 2nd half series. But then, think about this. If the problem right there was that the Pats' employee tried to pass off a K-Ball in that instant, you're saying that he (presumably at the behest of the Patriots) wanted the Patriots' O to play with a K-ball? People should know K-Ball's are different then regular offense balls, and not because of their inflation. They have the waxy sheen on them, and especially in rain, would be hell to play with. It makes no sense.

5. In the future, the Patriots henchman should try to pass off K-balls by using the same markings on the balls that the refs use. In that way, the alternate ref in charge of the balls will be fooled and not notice.

Lastly I have no idea who has access to these balls and how the attendant passes them to the alternate ref or what goes on in the chain of command. I imagine that maybe the kickers on the sideline are using K-balls. Unmarked? Marked? Who knows.
NFL.com report - colts had concerns of under inflated balls before champ game - those haters.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
This is hilarious. Cleveland is implicating themselves in a "scandal" in what can only be considered a blatant attempt to draw attention TO their team, and no one gives a . Is "text-gate" really a term if no one uses it?

Cleveland would duckk up a Bill Belichick era...oh wait they already did that...:rolleyes:
Self reporting and admitting your wrong doings usually gets you a lesser punishment. No one said the Pats are the only team that bent the rules - Atlanta admitted to playing artificial crowd noise recently and apologized.

I don't think Cleveland is doing it for attention I think they got caught red handed and there is too much evidence to deny it.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Did you ever look into the season performance before, and after, the move to Baltimore was leaked?
Yes - the three losing season before the 11-5 season still count - then a 5-11 stinker and got fired. If you believe talk of a franchise move led to the 5-11 we will agree to disagree - there's more to a 5-11 season than just that - I would think.

But what do I know - everyone has the answers to world issues on this board but me!!
:)

Husky25

Reaction Score
Self reporting and admitting your wrong doings usually gets you a lesser punishment. No one said the Pats are the only team that bent the rules - Atlanta admitted to playing artificial crowd noise recently and apologized.

I don't think Cleveland is doing it for attention I think they got caught red handed and there is too much evidence to deny it.

That's not true. Being conciliatory doesn't erase the offending act. The Falcons face a fine and potential loss of draft pick(s). The NFL just has to figure out how to save face over the Patriots' "scandal."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...piped-in-crowd-noise-nfl-discipline-expected/

Bonehead

Reaction Score
That's not true. Being conciliatory doesn't erase the offending act. The Falcons face a fine and potential loss of draft pick(s). The NFL just has to figure out how to save face over the Patriots' "scandal."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...piped-in-crowd-noise-nfl-discipline-expected/
I didn't say it erased it??? Serious question - how did you determine I suggested it erased it - in case I need to better word my posts in the future.

My exact words were 'lesser punishment' when admitting guilt.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Spygate = Not what was on the film but rather WHERE they were filming. This was legal before 2007 btw. It slays me how people think Spygate was so heinous even though every tape they confiscated was actually legal at the time it was taped. If the Pats have such a history of cheating than why have the numerous amount of former players/coaches/employees who've left on awful terms never said anything?
Remind me why the NFL stripped them of a first round pick?

Husky25

Reaction Score
A fine and potential loss of draft pick would be the punishment regardless of confession.

Different sport, same point: Lance Armstrong admitted he doped. They aren't allowing him to keep one of his Tour de France victories. They stripped him of all seven. Why? Because that's the penalty.

Reaction Score
Question. Would residents of metro Boston right now trade their 2015 Super Bowl Title for the opportunity to have winter end today with temps in the 50's and for the snow to all disappear (without massive flooding) by tomrorow?

Reaction Score
NFL.com report - colts had concerns of under inflated balls before champ game - those haters.

So the NFL lied. It was a sting.

So Troy Vincent and Dean Blandino stood up before the media at the Super Bowl and just lied.

Reaction Score
Question. Would residents of metro Boston right now trade their 2015 Super Bowl Title for the opportunity to have winter end today with temps in the 50's and for the snow to all disappear (without massive flooding) by tomrorow?

I bet the majority of people in Metro Boston aren't football fans, and would gladly make such a trade. Folks on this board? Probably football fans.

Bonehead

Reaction Score

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Nah, he's not a hater.

Serious question - what am I hating about? I am posting legitimate articles of teams 'pushing' the limits of rules.

If they are all lies why do you spend so much time vigorously denying them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom