OT: Doping Scandel Peyton Manning and others | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Doping Scandel Peyton Manning and others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rodney Harrison was suspended for taking HGH in 2007, so I do think it was illegal before then.

I'm not sure if it should be if there is no performance enhancement, if it just helps you heel faster. Even if he did take it, I don't think it's cheating.

That being said, Al Jazeera appears to have far more info than they've let on. When the Anti-Aging center said the guy on tape didn't work there in 2011, Al Jazeera put up a video clip of the reporter speaking to someone from the center, full name, who gave the exact date of when the guy started working there in 2011. You'd think the official from the center would have remembered the phone call and informed her superiors. Then the reporter was asked what definitive proof she had that the HGH was mailed other than the guy on tape, and she said the information was confirmed by people in Manning's camp.

Reaction Score
Best advice for Peyton is to keep his mouth shut going forward and hope all Al Jazeera has is this dope spouting off on the recording. The only thing worse than actually doing the PED's is going all Lance and start suing everyone, only to have Al Jazerra turn up a video of Peyton chugging a bottle of the stuff. You'd think if Peyton wanted HGH, he wouldn't have the stuff mailed to his actual address, and under his wife's name. Seems like you'd want that sent to a P.O. Box or something.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Rodney Harrison was suspended for taking HGH in 2007, so I do think it was illegal before then. I'm not sure if it should be if there is no performance enhancement, if it just helps you heel faster. Even if he did take it, I don't think it's cheating.

It absolutely is performance enhancing. But I too think players should be able to take it, especially in such a physically debilitating sport like football.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You'd think the official from the center would have remembered the phone call and informed her superiors. Then the reporter was asked what definitive proof she had that the HGH was mailed other than the guy on tape, and she said the information was confirmed by people in Manning's camp.

Notice Manning's camp has offered no denial of HGH being sent to his residence. That I know of.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Best advice for Peyton is to keep his mouth shut going forward and hope all Al Jazeera has is this dope spouting off on the recording. The only thing worse than actually doing the PED's is going all Lance and start suing everyone, only to have Al Jazerra turn up a video of Peyton chugging a bottle of the stuff. You'd think if Peyton wanted HGH, he wouldn't have the stuff mailed to his actual address, and under his wife's name. Seems like you'd want that sent to a P.O. Box or something.

Either way, that PO Box has a name associated with it somewhere. Harder to get, yes, but possible.

Reaction Score
Al Jeez has zero cred. Did you see that woman who wrote the story? What a beast.

Fox said last nite that this was a muzzie attack on the fabric of American culture and heroes. They may have a point.

Can anyone else picture these words coming out of Comedy Central era Colbert?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
"HGH you work so good."

CXgBfYFWYAAcY79.jpg

haha

Reaction Score
He probably took the stuff. I don't care either way, it's a great tool to recover from injuries without harmful side effects like the painkillers the league was pumping for years. I'm a huge Pats fan but i'm not going to cry over the way the media has handled it VS. the Brady situation because i fully expected it. Manning has played footsie with the media/public his entire career and Brady has not. That's it. To the media Manning is the weak and Brady is the tyranny of evil men.

Reaction Score
He probably took the stuff. I don't care either way, it's a great tool to recover from injuries without harmful side effects like the painkillers the league was pumping for years. I'm a huge Pats fan but i'm not going to cry over the way the media has handled it VS. the Brady situation because i fully expected it. Manning has played footsie with the media/public his entire career and Brady has not. That's it. To the media Manning is the weak and Brady is the tyranny of evil men.

To make this a "who played footsie" their entire career with the media vs the other can only come form a Pats fan. You guys are relentless and laughable.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
To make this a "who played footsie" their entire career with the media vs the other can only come form a Pats fan. You guys are relentless and laughable.:rolleyes:

How differently would the story be reported if it was Brady, and not Manning?

Reaction Score

How the hell do I know it's Manning not Brady? You tell me how it would be going down, I want to hear some more whining her on how poor Tommy is treated?

Get this one over to the other forum now too with "Patriots" it's going to get ugly.:confused:

Reaction Score
Well Tom does have a history with needles. But I think PEDs should be allowed. I like my football players huge and angry.

Reaction Score
How the hell do I know it's Manning not Brady? You tell me how it would be going down, I want to hear some more whining her on how poor Tommy is treated?

Get this one over to the other forum now too with "Patriots" it's going to get ugly.:confused:
Let's review:

ESPN was the one that reported the Patriots footballs were all more than 2 PSI below the required levels (a complete lie), which is what turned Deflategate into a full-blown scandal.

Meanwhile, the first time they reported the Peyton allegations was at 3:20 am. But yeah, this is just Pats fans being paranoid.

Out of anyone, you'd think UConn fans would understand how selective ESPN is with its reporting.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
CXgBfYFWYAAcY79.jpg

haha

They should have made the photoshop a little more believable but still funny.

Dude has always had an enormous forehead.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
They should have made the photoshop a little more believable but still funny. Dude has always had an enormous forehead.

True, but I figure since HGH doesn't even affect the forehead, why not blow it out of proportion?

They actually made him kind of good looking in that early photo. Which he was definitely not.

Reaction Score

Mau, Chris Mortensen is one of Peyton's closest friends. Their families vacation together. You don't think things like that matter in the way this story's been covered by ESPN? Where Manning's denial and the statements of clowns like Bill Polian get more press than the allegations do? If you can't see the difference between that and the way the Brady ____ gets covered you're being willfully ignorant. No one's ranting and raving about it - it's just what it is. I don't think it's really an arguable point.

Reaction Score
Mau, Chris Mortensen is one of Peyton's closest friends. Their families vacation together. You don't think things like that matter in the way this story's been covered by ESPN? Where Manning's denial and the statements of clowns like Bill Polian get more press than the allegations do? If you can't see the difference between that and the way the Brady ____ gets covered you're being willfully ignorant. No one's ranting and raving about it - it's just what it is. I don't think it's really an arguable point.

I'm fully ignorant I guess. They're different stories and this one hasn't even begun, give it time. Does anyone think that Peyton Manning would have been treated differently than Tom Brady if he and ball boys were texting about the PSI's on the footballs and everyone found out? Because if you do than you're more ignorant than I am. It was a football story not an Oliver Stone movie about Brady, Kraft and the Pats like you fans would LOVE to believe.

Reaction Score
Let's review:

ESPN was the one that reported the Patriots footballs were all more than 2 PSI below the required levels (a complete lie), which is what turned Deflategate into a full-blown scandal.

Meanwhile, the first time they reported the Peyton allegations was at 3:20 am. But yeah, this is just Pats fans being paranoid.

Out of anyone, you'd think UConn fans would understand how selective ESPN is with its reporting.

It is that! Hilarious

intlzncster

Reaction Score

This is spot on. It's like Pats fans aren't even allowed to point out the obvious. The bias is so strong, that were the same focus applied to UCONN, I'm pretty sure a number of people on this board would spontaneously combust. But because Patriots, must keep mouths shut.

addendum:
Polian is one of the most biased, hypocritical idiots at ESPN. Amazing how many former Colts and Jets office guys get employed elsewhere. You'd think you'd actually want quality, not detritus.

And yes, he built a few great teams, and was lucky enough to have Peyton fall into his lap. I admit that. But he's never gotten over finishing second to the Patriots so often, even with Peyton and a few hall of famers in the fold.* He still blames the Patriots for drafting Aaron Hernandez and his subsequent problems, when he's the guy who drafted Ray Carruth for the Panthers! Pot kettle dude.

Guy couldn't adjust to the salary cap rules, which was one of the reasons they went 2-14 in 2011; no backup for Peyton (Painter was not an NFL QB). For which he got fired. Did he even draft any other QBs? In an utterly crazy turn of events, his incompetence lead to Andrew Luck falling into the Colts lap. Maybe he's charmed.

He is the person most largely responsible for the way defenses cannot touch a soul on the football field anymore. Ty Law and Co. punched them in the mouth one too many times, and he gets on the competition committee to change the rules in favor of 'finesse' (read Peyton) football. Pvssy. /rant

*don't get me started on Dungy.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm fully ignorant I guess. They're different stories and this one hasn't even begun, give it time. Does anyone think that Peyton Manning would have been treated differently than Tom Brady if he and ball boys were texting about the PSI's on the footballs and everyone found out? Because if you do than you're more ignorant than I am. It was a football story not an Oliver Stone movie about Brady, Kraft and the Pats like you fans would LOVE to believe.

100% yes. Mortenson never would have ran with the original (completely false) tweet without some serious fact checking. That tweet created an avalanche of falsely justified public opinion, and frankly created the story.

ESPN is barely covering the Manning thing right now. It is a far more important story than a few explainably deflated footballs. Why aren't multiple reporters doing exposes and digging from hell to high water to find the truth?

And the Brady thing was far closer to an Oliver Stone movie than a football story. Multiple teams in the last few years were found to be actually doctoring balls (which, despite your protestations, the Patriots were not) during games, and not a peep was heard. If it were the Pats, it would have been another 10 billion dollar investigation and year long front page news. Patriots move the needle, generate the clicks.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Guy couldn't adjust to the salary cap rules, which was one of the reasons they went 2-14 in 2011; no backup for Peyton (Painter was not an NFL QB). For which he got fired. Did he even draft any other QBs? In an utterly crazy turn of events, his incompetence lead to Andrew Luck falling into the Colts lap. Maybe he's charmed.

No. Polian got Lance-Corporal Dawsoned by the other pillar of ethics and morality in Indianapolis, Jim Irsay.

I think Polian did his job. I think he put the franchise in the best possible position going forward. I think he was ordered to build a team that would unintentionally (on the players' parts) "Suck for Luck." I think Irsay saw the short term affects, reneged, and fired him anyway. Either that or Polian wanted out of the life (GM, not football) and this was as good an exit strategy as any. Why else is Polian nothing but cordial and respectful towards the Colts and still hold grudges against his old rivals?

Reaction Score

My favorite team in the NFL is whoever is playing the Patriots. That said, Brady would be getting railroaded if he was implicated in a HGH scandal. There isn't a mention of the story on ESPN's NFL page currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom