Old News on Kasongo | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Old News on Kasongo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He's a 17 year old kid. Do you remember the kind of human being you were at 17? Would you say your decision-making skills were fully adult-like and well-developed?

Kids grow up a LOT in that 17 to 22 range. I don't see the point in giving these kids a hard time based on the enormous choices they make.
I'm more concerned about the forty and up group whose focus is narrow or jaded. Give me back those naive, uncertain days!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
This is somewhat related, and alludes to upstater's concerns:

Jeff Goodman@GoodmanESPN 2m
Illinois State freshman MiKyle McIntosh deemed a non-qualifier. Went to same school (Christian Faith) as Xavier Rathan-Mayes. #RoRussell
This is the most important point in all of this. Has UConn vetted the academics of this new rendition of Christian Faith? Maybe the Phase1 program changed its academic approach to fulfill requirements that were missing with Christian Faith. But I hope the AD staff that handles this stuff are not so bogged down with Facey that they had time to vet this program.

Reaction Score
Pardon my naiveté, but what's Oregon got over UConn, anyway?

th
th

Reaction Score
Maybe the Phase1 program changed its academic approach to fulfill requirements that were missing with Christian Faith.

Not likely. I looked up Redemption. One guy runs it with one teacher. 5 students. Just got up and running. Christian school, but Virtual Classes (i.e. online).

Reaction Score
Not likely. I looked up Redemption. One guy runs it with one teacher. 5 students. Just got up and running. Christian school, but Virtual Classes (i.e. online).

dude needs to attend a real school, he's just asking to get bent over by the NCAA attending some setup like this. Given how many schools he's bounced around to it wouldn't surprise me if this time next year he's being ruled ineligible.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
So is anyone in the compliance department alerting KO about this!

Reaction Score
LOL as a former NL guy, is that what it has become. As for "the JUNGLE", I lived there in the mid sixties and it was named appropriately.

I lived in Hartford Hall my freshman year, 70-71, and The Jungle was indeed a jungle. However, we were all proud to live in The Jungle and those friendships have remained some 43 years later. I always remember when people would party they would often put their big stereo speakers in the windows, and blast this tune (which came out in 1970) into the courtyard:

Much of the crew had animal nicknames: the Husky (who actually was the guy who wore the Husky outfit), bear, lion, cub, etc. although I was always known as "Brother Harry". To this day, when I bump into any of those guys at a ball game the first thing we say is "Jungle Baby!"

Reaction Score
dude needs to attend a real school, he's just asking to get bent over by the NCAA attending some setup like this. Given how many schools he's bounced around to it wouldn't surprise me if this time next year he's being ruled ineligible.

I have to apologize for this: http://www.faith-christian.org/

This is the real school. Not the one I posted yesterday. There are two schools with the same name in Arizona. This has 7 or 8 teachers.

It's still kind of slim pickings though. 4 students in 11th grade, 3 students in 12th grade. Overall, K-12, 80 odd students.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
The chicks on the left will be hoping to make $40,000/year in tips. The chick on the right will be making $50,000+/year teaching in 7 years.

So, what's your point?

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
I am told by friends' children who now attend UConn that it is no longer called "the Jungle," and that the name lives on only in lore. Like the SDS (Secret Democratic Society) of which, coincidentally, Robert Hunter was a member when he attended UConn.
If I remember correctly, SDS stood for Students for a Democratic Society, not Secret Democratic Society. From a former Windham Hall resident, 1966.

Reaction Score
No ball players care about cheerleading , plenty of chicks will be throwing themselves at him regardless. One of the better parts of being a d1 football/basketball player.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Uconn chooses cheerleaders based on future earning potential, while Oregon chooses based on the old fashioned, who looks better in a miniskirt method

I don't think we want to advertise this difference.

caw

Reaction Score
All this talk about schools and eligibility should be noted that Kasongo did officially visit. Is UConn still handicapping itself like with Bell and others?

Reaction Score
No ball players care about cheerleading , plenty of chicks will be throwing themselves at him regardless. One of the better parts of being a d1 football/basketball player.

Plus here, he may get to have Emily interview him!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, SDS stood for Students for a Democratic Society, not Secret Democratic Society. From a former Windham Hall resident, 1966.
You are correct, and that's not the first time I've made that mistake. Thanks for the correction.

From an alumnus who was born in 1966, and only heard of SDS well after the fact but wishes he had been around for it.

Reaction Score
Love that Avatar Wharton-you a big Brothers fan? Best band around and Gregg is still kicking. With Warren and Derek, you can't get any better!

Been going to see the ABB for many moons. I love Derek/Warren, but I also loved Warren/Dickey. The band can still rock, but it saddens me to say that Greg is starting to lose it. At his age, with all his miles, it's just starting to take its toll.

Tedeschi Trucks is fantastic and I look forward to them carrying the torch....in some way.

Reaction Score
Where ever the kid ends up, this saga really demonstrates the ugliness of recruiting and the reason a lot of people are turned off by college sports these days. "Camps" are great when their interests are aligned with those of the kids, but in situations like this, where everybody seems to have their own motive, and the best interests of the kid seem to be getting shoved to the side, they are just a sad reflection of the current state of collegiate athletics. Let 'in kid go where his heart is - I don't care if that's UConn, Oregon, or some Community College. It's not a difficult concept, and the sooner we get all these corrupt AAU coaches, boosters, and otherwise self-interested players eliminated from the recruiting circuit, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom