Old News on Kasongo | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Old News on Kasongo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How about you hammering on people for being excited? They have a right as Husky fans to believe this kid is being under appreciated by the rankings and has some ability.........Florida and Kentucky trying to get in is desperation on their part but they don't do that for just anyone. He's a late bloomer as well as Lubin and fans can hope the diamond (s) in the rough have been located by the staff.......and seriously - SYRACUSE board?
I know you're better than that but that post put you back a ways with me also......guess that's our prerogative huh?

Oh yeah and the age thing.....c'mon at least show some fight!
You make some good points....thats what I want to read. Maybe I could've typed my post better. Its not Kasongo that was bothering me....it was the rise and fall of UConn with his recruitment. Really? I actually like the idea of having him come to Storrs.

The age comment was about....."why don't you leave for good" and the taste in my mouth responses. Struck me as a bit childish. No worries.

Reaction Score
You make some good points....thats what I want to read. Maybe I could've typed my post better. Its not Kasongo that was bothering me....it was the rise and fall of UConn with his recruitment. Really? I actually like the idea of having him come to Storrs.

The age comment was about....."why don't you leave for good" and the taste in my mouth responses. Struck me as a bit childish. No worries.

We agree we both could have been a bit more subtle in our replies huh? All good no worries here either...........the "bad taste in my mouth" actually was fairly rotten wasn't it?:confused:

Anyway prepping for my companies golf outing for 132 people coming in from all over the country today and a little tense about having everything done and ready for a noon shotgun..........no excuse but yet it is!!;)

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
My brain is now bleeding.

That's never good. But at least you can take solace in knowing you weren't one of the many around here panicking and trying to find a high enough bridge from which to jump.

Either way, Connecticut basketball will survive.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
That's never good. But at least you can take solace in knowing you weren't one of the many around here panicking and trying to find a high enough bridge from which to jump.

Either way, Connecticut basketball will survive.

Yeah, that part was a little disappointing...got to find the silver linings where you can.

Reaction Score
Wow, unreal. I'm a little surprised. I am glad I went through the "As expected..." last night, because now this thing is playing under the big top. I feel bad for the kid. This decision is going to be rough anyway he goes. He plays for his AAU mentors at Phase1, as I learned last night. And this means he's either going to have a harmonious year with them before leaving for college, or else a really skewed one. You can't pick up and go now. Then again, the school affiliated with Phase1 started 2 years ago. It has 5 students enrolled in a Virtual School program. It's exactly the kind of outfit the NCAA targets (and probably should target). When the wild west comes and the NCAA devolves, we're going to see a lot of crap situations like this.

Reaction Score
We agree we both could have been a bit more subtle in our replies huh? All good no worries here either...........the "bad taste in my mouth" actually was fairly rotten wasn't it?:confused:

Anyway prepping for my companies golf outing for 132 people coming in from all over the country today and a little tense about having everything done and ready for a noon shotgun..........no excuse but yet it is!!;)

As long as you don't talk about baseball, everything will be fine. :D

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I really don't understand the Kasongo obsession on this board. If we don't get him we're in decline? If we get him we have a top recruiting class? This is a 3* with one good game under his belt. We don't know how good this kid really is. If we get him great....if not....so what. Some people on this board just seem a little unbalanced. Why don't we evaluate this class after the recruiting period is over. Please.

Sometimes when I read this board, I leave with a bad taste of UConn ala Syracuse. Imagine if prospective recruits read some of the paranoid some of you post.
A word of advice. You'll either learn to let the extreme reactions not bother you or you will end up on the women's bb forum:) But even in that forum there is negativity. Just a lot less often. Or you may choose to just watch the games. and not discuss sports.

The thing is the negativity and griping is coming from a wide spectrum of age groups. The young say it's crotchety old guys, the old say it immature young guys. It's passionate people who struggle to deal with adversity. The neat thing is even after super seasons there are guys who find something to criticize so it is more than just adversity. Just flaws in our character!

With that said I still love this weird group of characters!

Reaction Score
The women's bb forum is like Lillith Fair. Only the softest of the soft guys fit in over there. They all need a good dose of cynicism. :D

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The women's bb forum is like Lillith Fair. Only the softest of the soft guys fit in over there. They all need a good dose of cynicism. :D
Then you never followed that forum during the Pat Summitt criticism of Geno! They are every bit as tough as the guys in this forum. They just repress the anger more than we do here!

Reaction Score
A word of advice. You'll either learn to let the extreme reactions not bother you or you will end up on the women's bb forum:) But even in that forum there is negativity. Just a lot less often. Or you may choose to just watch the games. and not discuss sports.

The thing is the negativity and griping is coming from a wide spectrum of age groups. The young say it's crotchety old guys, the old say it immature young guys. It's passionate people who struggle to deal with adversity. The neat thing is even after super seasons there are guys who find something to criticize so it is more than just adversity. Just flaws in our character!

With that said I still love this weird group of characters!
You're one of the more level headed on this board.

I guess my frustration comes with the recent revelation that a recruits mother visited this boardand I find nothing unusual about whats going on in our recruiting. Everything that has happened, could've happened in the BE under JC. The only thing that screams our program is in decline is some of our fans. They seem intent on telling anyone that will listen that we' re going down and they wait for thar opportunity. I don't have rose colored glasses. We've had a very tough couple of years...granted. We lost our HOF coach. The BE imploded. NCAA sanctions....but I still see so much opportunity. I just want my fellow Huskymaniacs to give things some time. I don't want us to be our own enemy.

Sorry very tired.....long night.....just got home

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He's a nice looking prospect. Hope he comes to Storrs. That's about it. If we didn't have Lubin, I'd be much more worried, as we had to get a physical presence and rebounding force. At this point Kasongo is icing for the cake. Certainly not make or break for this class. I'm much more worried about adding a PG for 2014.

Reaction Score
Let's just say I have known what Kasongo has wanted for a little while now. Last night wasn't what he wanted, it's what the people around him wanted.

...but at this point who is to say he ultimately gets what he wants?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
You're one of the more level headed on this board.

I guess my frustration comes with the recent revelation that a recruits mother visited this boardand I find nothing unusual about whats going on in our recruiting. Everything that has happened, could've happened in the BE under JC. The only thing that screams our program is in decline is some of our fans. They seem intent on telling anyone that will listen that we' re going down and they wait for thar opportunity. I don't have rose colored glasses. We've had a very tough couple of years...granted. We lost our HOF coach. The BE imploded. NCAA sanctions....but I still see so much opportunity. I just want my fellow Huskymaniacs to give things some time. I don't want us to be our own enemy.

Sorry very tired.....long night.....just got home
Get some rest and these negative comments won't get much better!:) The UConn women's bb team only got one recruit coming in this season! They have a great class coming in next year but they lost several players recently to other programs and a couple of those programs leaped ahead of them in recruiting recently. This has happened to that program before. And just as before there are a bunch of posters panicking. Imagine - they have the best women's bb coach of all time still coaching the team, the BE was nothing in women's bb at the time of his arrival, so history is on their side and there are still fans panicking.

Logic tells me there are ranges of personalities and therefore differences in how we deal with situations. There are a lot of level headed fans in this forum. The emotional ones just have the greatest need to be heard. BTW there are more than one situation in which my hot button is pushed. I've removed a bunch but still have more to work on before I find complete serenity. Vegas hasn't given me great odds!:)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Good luck. I would bet there are less than 10 Oregon basketball fans who've heard of him.

On July 1 there were less than 10 UConn fans who heard of him. As of today, maybe 400.

Reaction Score
I think it's pretty evident that Kasongo may be getting what he wants. This is due to the de decommitment from who his people wanted.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
It's tough for these kids. We're just fans whose life doesn't depend on these decisions and look at our range of reactions. Guys in this forum were jumping from bridges with this phase of recruiting. The emotional state was trumping the intellect with more than one person!

Kasongo has to be going through this a thousand fold. He works with these AAU coaches and I'm sure he has a terrific relationship with them. And it sounds like he has a great relationship with his family. The two groups are in disagreement in their advice. That's a difficult situation to be in!

I'm not sure he knows what he wants. Heck most of us his age weren't sure of lots of things and we weren't in the public eye! I feel for this kid!

Reaction Score
I think Kasongo is a lock for UConn at this point. Given all the tweets, etc, I am very confident that UConn will be his choice. DHam, Purvis, Lubin, Kasongo and Cassell. That would be a stellar recruiting class. Trust in KO, he is rock solid.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I think it's pretty evident that Kasongo may be getting what he wants. This is due to the de decommitment from who his people wanted.
I don't know if phone calls are allowed but I can see Ray asking KO what to do and KO saying "Ray, there comes a time when a young man has to realize the day will come where you have to be your own man. That day comes earlier for some than others. And you have to decide if you are ready to make your own decision or stay under the wing of people you won't know in 2 years."

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I don't know if phone calls are allowed but I can see Ray asking KO what to do and KO saying "Ray, there comes a time when a young man has to realize the day will come where you have to be your own man. That day comes earlier for some than others. And you have to decide if you are ready to make your own decision or stay under the wing of people you won't know in 2 years."
Give him a UConn hat and be done with it!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
With apologies to Robert Hunter and Jerry Garcia, but I couldn't get "Wo-oah what I want to know, how does Kasongo?" out of my head this morning:

Well, the first days are the hardest days,
don't you worry anymore
When life looks like easy street
there is danger at your door
Think this through with me
Let me know your mind
Wo-oah, what I want to know
is are you our kind?

It's a teenager's choice, my friend,
better take my advice
You know all the rules by now
and the fire from the ice