Old News on Kasongo | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Old News on Kasongo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After Unfollowing him yesterday in disgust do i have to follow him again? I was on him like white on rice when he first burst onto our radar and he actually retweeted a couple of my uconn tweets during the process. looks like im coming back to the table with my tail between my legs.

Reaction Score
Pardon my naiveté, but what's Oregon got over UConn, anyway?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
With apologies to Robert Hunter and Jerry Garcia, but I couldn't get "Wo-oah what I want to know, how does Kasongo?" out of my head this morning:

I have a simpler lyric in my head when I read Kasongo threads. It' simply Jethro Tull singing

"Kasongo in the Jungle! And that's all right with me!!"

"the Jungle" is a UConn reference for this who don't know.

Reaction Score
I have a simpler lyric in my head when I read Kasongo threads. It' simply Jethro Tull singing

1986-1989 baby!!

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I am told by friends' children who now attend UConn that it is no longer called "the Jungle," and that the name lives on only in lore. Like the SDS (Secret Democratic Society) of which, coincidentally, Robert Hunter was a member when he attended UConn.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Love that Avatar Wharton-you a big Brothers fan? Best band around and Gregg is still kicking. With Warren and Derek, you can't get any better!
Love the avatar, the album and the ABB, but for my money the Tedeschi Trucks Band is the best live band around these days.

Reaction Score
Strange- but him picking the Ducks bummed me out more then (he who shall not be named) going to NCS. I just had a feeling that with the right coaching this kid could wind up in the NBA. The thought of him and Rock in the front court was making me very happy.

The season can not begin soon enough.

Reaction Score
I am told by friends' children who now attend UConn that it is no longer called "the Jungle," and that the name lives on only in lore. Like the SDS (Secret Democratic Society) of which, coincidentally, Robert Hunter was a member when he attended UConn.
Exactly right. I live in "the jungle" now (New London!) and no one ever uses that name. But there is a sign by the bus stop that explains the name and the history of North and Northwest, "A Jungle and some Frats".

Reaction Score
Exactly right. I live in "the jungle" now (New London!) and no one ever uses that name. But there is a sign by the bus stop that explains the name and the history of North and Northwest, "A Jungle and some Frats".

LOL as a former NL guy, is that what it has become. As for "the JUNGLE", I lived there in the mid sixties and it was named appropriately.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Guess I'll hold off on Hateing him for now,but it's subject to change.

Reaction Score
Guess I'll hold off on Hateing him for now,but it's subject to change.
If he goes back to Oregon, make sure you direct that hate towards his handlers. It wouldn't be his choice.

Reaction Score
Indicision is not a good trait for a basketball player.
However in this case its seems like he made a decision and unfortunately people of influence will not allow him that decision.

caw

Reaction Score
I feel for the kid. It's not an easy choice and he obviously is struggling with the choice.

I mentioned last night it was odd he hadn't tweeted the commitment. He obviously wants to please a lot of people but hopefully he can step away and chose wherever he wants to be.

Reaction Score
LOL as a former NL guy, is that what it has become. As for "the JUNGLE", I lived there in the mid sixties and it was named appropriately.

Me too (Eaton House) and I'll second that (appropriate-thing). Eric Burton wailing "we got to get outta this place" at 3am coeds sneaking out in the shadows. Life was sooo much simpler then:rolleyes:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The women's bb forum is like Lillith Fair. Only the softest of the soft guys fit in over there. They all need a good dose of cynicism. :D

Huh? Have you read this board lately?

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
If he goes back to Oregon, make sure you direct that hate towards his handlers. It wouldn't be his choice.

First time I blamed them,second time it's on him.

Reaction Score
Strange- but him picking the Ducks bummed me out more then (he who shall not be named) going to NCS. I just had a feeling that with the right coaching this kid could wind up in the NBA. The thought of him and Rock in the front court was making me very happy.

The season can not begin soon enough.

Agreed - It's the thought of having TWO 6-8 230+ pound bullies in the paint, along with potentially TWO 6-7 wings (D-Ham and potentially Devin Robinson), on the court at the same time that had me really excited - still a possibility at this point.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I have a feeling his heart is telling him UCONN, but there is $ involved with his handlers and they are telling him Oregon. Let's hope the kid sticks with his heart and goes where it's best for him, not where it's best for his handlers.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Has Kasongo been told about the Chez-Ben Diner? It's only 20 or so miles from UConn and they specialize in poutine. A taste of home so close, how can Oregon compete?

Reaction Score
Why bother. Just observe the posts of the guys who melted down in this forum again!

There will be huge coast to coast meltdown if he just decides to go to PC. That would be sight to see.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I never got the point in bashing a kid after he picked another school. And now last night's posts look downright stupid.

He's a 17-year-old kid. They make bad decisions, sometimes. And they also change their minds. It happens. Que sera sera.

Reaction Score
Indicision is not a good trait for a basketball player..

He's a 17 year old kid. Do you remember the kind of human being you were at 17? Would you say your decision-making skills were fully adult-like and well-developed?

Kids grow up a LOT in that 17 to 22 range. I don't see the point in giving these kids a hard time based on the enormous choices they make.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There will be huge coast to coast meltdown if he just decides to go to PC. That would be sight to see.
As much as I hope UConn lands this kid and everything works out, there is a part of me that would love to see the scenario you suggest just for the entertainment value that would be afforded by that happening!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom