Old News on Kasongo | The Boneyard

Old News on Kasongo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@RayKasongo32: I am still undecided, and haven't made a commitment yet. I need more time to think about this and will decide where I go later on this week.

At about 1:15 am

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I saw the tweet. Seriously! I don't think most of the posters could handle this.

Reaction Score
UmpOi.gif

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Merging thread with feed the dove

Reaction Score
This is a kid who wants to go to UConn and is/was being pulled in a different direction by outside influences. Ray Kasongo, it's your decision and your decision only. You realize how young these guys are and how a lot is being put on their plate. He needs to do what is right for him and stop listening to any AAU coaches or others.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
This is a kid who wants to go to UConn and is/was being pulled in a different direction by outside influences. Ray Kasongo, it's your decision and your decision only. You realize how young these guys are and how a lot is being put on their plate. He needs to do what is right for him and stop listening to any AAU coaches or others.
By others I hope you don't mean Boneyarders!:)

Reaction Score
For someone who was so active on twitter for the days leading up to this, there was nothing from him after committing. Usually you see something like reaching out to the fans, showing excitement of the new school, updating their bio or retweeting congratulations from fans of the school they chose. Nothing from him since he committed, and that vanilla answer to why he chose Oregon screamed a doctored response. Hoping this swings in our favor, and I'm guessing it will.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Ray we want you at UCONN where you can be the next Donyell Marshall who was UCONN and had a very nice pro career after being an All American here

Reaction Score
Where can I find an Oregon forum with their fans melting down ?

Reaction Score
Ray - if you are a football player, I can understand Oregon. For basketball, it is UCONN and it is not even close. BTW, you can also get a great education here too and Ollie will make sure of that.

Reaction Score
This kasongo saga is pretty insane. In the beginning I didn't see how we could lose him ; giving him the red carpet treatment & what not. Seeing him on the football sideline with ray allen, I was like, "wow, no way he's not enamored with storrs by now". His handlers are looking bad, wonder if this affects where he plays his last hs year.

Reaction Score
This is very strange. And after all this, it still wouldnt shock me if he chose somewhere besides UConn.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
He must be really wrestling with this decision and feeling a lot of pressure...or he's just playing with us. I doubt it's the latter, because his tweet not only gets our hopes up, it must be causing some serious head-banging for the Duck hopefuls that thought they had him in the bag.

I really wonder if as I alluded to in the other thread, that he's getting pressured from some outside influences, while he and his family are Husky leans. I just hope he listens to those who have his best interest in mind and ultimately chooses the program that he wants, regardless to where he lands.

Based on that short quote in one of the articles as to why he chose the Ducks, it really didn't sound like someone who's heart was in that decision. I wonder of he felt pressured from Altman when he talked with him tonight and his decision was more coerced than offered up himself.

"Hey Ray, of course you want to become a Duck, don't you?"
"Um maybe..."
"What reasons do you have not to?"
"Ah...hum...well..."
"I'll take that as a yes and verbal commitment. It was nice talking to you Ray."
:)

Reaction Score
I really don't understand the Kasongo obsession on this board. If we don't get him we're in decline? If we get him we have a top recruiting class? This is a 3* with one good game under his belt. We don't know how good this kid really is. If we get him great....if not....so what. Some people on this board just seem a little unbalanced. Why don't we evaluate this class after the recruiting period is over. Please.

Sometimes when I read this board, I leave with a bad taste of UConn ala Syracuse. Imagine if prospective recruits read some of the paranoid some of you post.

Reaction Score
I really don't understand the Kasongo obsession on this board. If we don't get him we're in decline? If we get him we have a top recruiting class? This is a 3* with one good game under his belt. We don't know how good this kid really is. If we get him great....if not....so what. Some people on this board just seem a little unbalanced. Why don't we evaluate this class after the recruiting period is over. Please.

Sometimes when I read this board, I leave with a bad taste of UConn ala Syracuse. Imagine if prospective recruits read some of the paranoid some of you post.

You know what then you should leave this board with that bad taste in your mouth for good! Even the "Cuse" comparison is pitiful on your part........

Are you sure that bad taste wasn't something else?

Reaction Score
You know what then you should leave this board with that bad taste in your mouth for good! Even the "Cuse" comparison is pitiful on your part........

Are you sure that bad taste wasn't something else?[/quote
I actually thought most of the things you posted were pretty balanced...until now. How old are you?

Reaction Score
I actually thought most of the things you posted were pretty balanced...until now.

How about you hammering on people for being excited? They have a right as Husky fans to believe this kid is being under appreciated by the rankings and has some ability.........Florida and Kentucky trying to get in is desperation on their part but they don't do that for just anyone. He's a late bloomer as well as Lubin and fans can hope the diamond (s) in the rough have been located by the staff.......and seriously - SYRACUSE board?
I know you're better than that but that post put you back a ways with me also......guess that's our prerogative huh?

Oh yeah and the age thing.....c'mon at least show some fight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom