Now is the time for Blumenthal to declare war | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Now is the time for Blumenthal to declare war

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If Dickie Blumenthal is summoned to action again, I will start a petition to countersue him on behalf of UConn fans. Show the school Presidents who hate him that UConn fans also hate him and want to mend bridges, not light more fires to the ashes of the already burnt bridges.

So you are in favor of McConnell helping Louisville or Hatch helping Utah, but not Blumenthal helping UConn? Got it.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I'm all for Senatorial intervention, it's Blumenthal that I don't have any faith in. I just don't think he can get it done.

Reaction Score
We absolutely have to have Blumenthal working for us - behind the scenes not in the court room. If he hasn't been all this time, either our admins don't care about sports, or they think our course is already set.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
If it does come to this, we need to get Murphy involved as well.

Heck, get the most senior congressional reps in on it, too...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
So you are in favor of McConnell helping Louisville or Hatch helping Utah, but not Blumenthal helping UConn? Got it.

There is a difference. Blumenthal's actions from a decade ago have led to ill feelings toward UConn. To my knowledge, no school Presidents have held public disdain of UL or Utah because of anything any of their state ADs or Senators have said/done. Get the difference?

Reaction Score
Focus the effort on ESPN. Not on the schools we need support from to vote us into a better conference.

That would just be the height of stupidity.

That left wing grandstanding f'ckstick Blumenthal did more to shape UConn's future in a negative way than anything else.

UConn is still in the Big East because of Blumenthal.

Reaction Score
This is a travesty. It's billions of dollars of mostly State Universities locking out other State Universities. A Cartel. Damn - I'm with Nelson Muntz. If you don't see the wide range need for Public Policy, then I guess I can't help you.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can't believe that so many people are willing bend over and take it. Screw it. This whole process has been so corrupt, if we die at least let's die fighting.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I mean seriously -- LMAO. They are both on record on supporting cutting the tax rates on 98% of Americans on 1/1 when th temporary tax rate reduction phases out. Of course, Republicans are expressing their unwillingness to support that tax cut.

I know that facts don't enter your analysis because your mind is made up but what I just stated is not an opinion -- it is a fact. No matter how Fox News portrays it.
Is continuing a 10 year tax rate really cutting taxes, in your opinion? Just wondering how not raising = cutting. Assuming that you believe it is, since the payroll tax cut wasn't renewed, then using the same logic didn't they raise taxes on 100% of working Americans. I mean that is logically consistent isn't it?

Taxes aside, I agree with the rest of your posts in this thread. You aren't one to advocate rash actions. The fact that you think political and legal pressure ought to brought to bear speaks volumes.

Reaction Score
A couple of points:

1) Maryland's suit againt the ACC makes Blumie's actions 10 years ago look like the People's Court. The only person who thinks about Dick B outside of CT in a sports sense is BC's Flipper. I think the college sports world's hatred for Blumie is vastly overrated on this board.
2) During the inauguration day parade Andy Katz tweeted that Chris Murphy asked him "if he knew anyone who get could get UConn in the ACC". At least Chris showed he is aware of the issue and is living in a more reality-based world than DB. Could see him kibitzing with the WV, Ky, and Utah senators on fixing this. Probably a better guy to carry the flag than Blumie.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
1) Maryland sued the place they're leaving. Blumie sued the place we want to be. This is a rather significant difference. If Blumenthal really wants to help, he won't try to help.

2) I appreciate Chris Murphy having UConn in the front of his brain. That he sought Andy Katz's assistance leads me to believe that he's well-meaning, but lost at sea.

Politically, my sense is that we'd be bringing a knife to a gunfight. Can you guys elect Swofford or Delaney governor or something? It's not like it's that big of a deal - you're a small state.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that Murphy was making a joke.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that Murphy was making a joke.

I am almost positive he was. If you follow Murphy on twitter, I have come to realize that regardless of your politics, he is one of the few politicians that understands the medium.

Reaction Score
1) Maryland sued the place they're leaving. Blumie sued the place we want to be. This is a rather significant difference. If Blumenthal really wants to help, he won't try to help.

2) I appreciate Chris Murphy having UConn in the front of his brain. That he sought Andy Katz's assistance leads me to believe that he's well-meaning, but lost at sea.

Politically, my sense is that we'd be bringing a knife to a gunfight. Can you guys elect Swofford or Delaney governor or something? It's not like it's that big of a deal - you're a small state.

So if we didn't sue BC and the ACC, they would now be welcoming us with open arms? I don't think so. BC would still block us every chance they get. You don't just get rolled by those back stabbing Jesuits and sit back and take it.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You can sue these guys organization. Blumenthal also sued the key players individually. The idea of being held personally responsible for there actions and subject to discovery scared the bejeezus out of them.

They work in a world of zero outside accountability. That Blumenthal challenged that bubble is why they are still pissed. It's wasn't the idea of a lawsuit against the schools.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
You can sue these guys organization. Blumenthal also sued the key players individually. The idea of being held personally responsible for there actions and subject to discovery scared the bejeezus out of them.

They work in a world of zero outside accountability. That Blumenthal challenged that bubble is why they are still pissed. It's wasn't the idea of a lawsuit against the schools.

Yeah ... I am not really certain the Blumenthal impact is what the Boneyard chorus thinks it was. And if it was ... F' em. The ACC - BC - Miami did a duplicitous, malignant thing. F' em. And, I sincerely don't believe that meant two shillings in us not getting into the ACC. I am pretty certain that Utahns were cheering their weird Senator Hatch on when he took on the BCS; where's your cajones?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Either way, it doesn't seem that Susan's pro-Big East public commentary assisted much in the contract negotiations.....
I guess not. But there was nothing to be gained by not making those comments. Looking back - screwed either way.

Reaction Score
Yeah ... I am not really certain the Blumenthal impact is what the Boneyard chorus thinks it was. And if it was ... F' em. The ACC - BC - Miami did a duplicitous, malignant thing. F' em. And, I sincerely don't believe that meant two shillings in us not getting into the ACC. I am pretty certain that Utahns were cheering their weird Senator Hatch on when he took on the BCS; where's your cajones?

That's different. Hatch hadn't previously made enemies with the conference Utah decided to join.

We can't unring the bell that Blumenthal rung, even if Miami and BC were honorless scumbags. We needed help from those guys later on down the line.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Frank's premise that the BE died when Rutgers and MD joined the Big Ten is incorrect and therefore his conclusions are also wrong.

The BE died the day Pitt/Cuse left. That begat WVU which begat TCU which triggered RU/MD. Then what Frank states is true.

That Pitt/Cuse defection was orchestrated by...ESPN.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Why not go back further and say it was when Pitt led the charge to turn down ESPN's billion dollar offer (or whatever it was)? TCU and Rutgers would probably have left regardless, and we'd still be stuck with Marinate. But the league would have more money, and probably kept the C7 on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom