Not that angry about today's loss | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Not that angry about today's loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The program wasn't in terrible shape, but it was in definite need of another hard charger to exceed our momentum at the time. The last thing we needed was a caretaker.

Reaction Score
We have taken a step back, but not enough is made of the fact that the best qb was left with was a very limited walk on. That doesn't however account for some of the terrible coaching we've seen this year, but winning five last year was a minor accomplishment.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Yep, just like the same fans are using the fact that UConn went to a BCS game in 2010 is evidence that the program had reached some pinnacle of greatness. That was a very mediocre team that finished tied for first in the worst BCS conference in history, and only finished tied for first because Bill Stewart handed UConn the single worst coached game I have ever seen. BTW, that UConn team lost to a Temple team by 2 TD's that is no where near as good as this year's edition of the same program.

Wins and losses are ultimately all that matter, but the "why" of the wins and losses is important for determining the right direction for the program. Or you could just say "this team sucks".

2010 was a 10-11 win quality team the gakked three games to the worst two teams in teams in the BE and a MAC also ran. If they played Michigan later in the season after everyone saw Denard a few more times, they could have won that game as well. 8-5 or not, as a whole that was the best Uconn FB team to date.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
2010 was a 10-11 win quality team the gakked three games to the worst two teams in teams in the BE and a MAC also ran. If they played Michigan later in the season after everyone saw Denard a few more times, they could have won that game as well. 8-5 or not, as a whole that was the best Uconn FB team to date.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

UConn got their doors blown off by a Louisville team that was starting something like 8 freshmen. Temple won by 2 Td's. Bill Stewart completely crapped himself on national TV. WVU fumbled FIVE handoffs that game, and the game winning play was when a WVU pulling guard crashed into Smith as he was handing off to Devine. I may never see a major program play as poorly coached a game as that WVU team did that night against UConn. Both of the other co-champions fired their head coach after that year. UConn needed a punt return and defensive TD to make the game against Oklahoma look remotely competitive. In any other year, that UConn team has no chance of winning the Big East.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why do only the last 4 count? What's wrong with his entire Big East track record? He had two winning seasons in the Big East, and one of those years the Big East went 3-12 in non-conference games against BCS competition.

He left the program with no FBS caliber QB or RB, mediocre WR's and no depth at offensive line. The cupboard wasn't quite bare, but there weren't too many unopened boxes either.

And of course this genius coach of yours lost his only head to head matchup against the coach you want to fire.

Pasqualoni has not done a good job, but the claims that the program was in great shape when he took over are idiotic.

The last four count because you said they didn't improve after 2003. By admitting the last four were better you prove your own point incorrect and idiotic.

Can you go two posts without contradicting yourself?

I hate UConn according to you, but here you are trashing the accomplishments of 2003-2010. But I'm the one who hates UConn. Right.

Reaction Score
With GDL's track record why would we expect to be anywhere but where we are? That's on the people who gave him the keys. Comparing last year to this year- we lost 2 D-tackles, our starting wideouts, 2 o-lineman and our kicker. We have replaced the D-tackles quite well which is saying something as they were excellent. The wideouts I feel have come out the same with maybe an advantage to this years group. We are missing a deep threat like Kashif. It seeems Davis stops running full speed on his deep routes. But these guys are catching the ball more often. The QB play is better at this time. The O-line has gone backwards. The kicker is now a question mark. So we sit here with the same record as last year. Look forward to next year and that is when it gets really serious. Both tightends (no one else really plays), 2 O-lineman, 6 defensive starters. We lose more with this years graduating class and the schedule will be tougher. Standing pat is going to is going to suck the life out of this program.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The last four count because you said they didn't improve after 2003. By admitting the last four were better you prove your own point incorrect and idiotic.

Can you go two posts without contradicting yourself?

I hate UConn according to you, but here you are trashing the accomplishments of 2003-2010. But I'm the one who hates UConn. Right.

Why not the last 3 years? UConn went 11-10 in the Big East over that stretch, with 5 of the wins coming against a putrid 2010 league. Look at the roster Pasqualoni inherited. UConn started a walk on, and this year went to a JUCO that could not start for Ron Zook, who is still probably the best QB UConn has had since Orlovsky. There is no depth on the line or at the skill positions, and UConn has lost 2 starting defensive linemen.

I don't like the way Pasqualoni is losing, because I think the offense is not maximizing its talent, but let's not argue that the program was in good shape. Edsall knew what he was doing when he left.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is what it's come to? Not being that angry over a home loss to Temple?

Couldn't bring myself to like this, but the but observation is valid. Expectations and enthusiasm for the program are dropping.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why do you hate UConn so much? Sorry the evidence continues to accumulate that Edsall did a good job here - it's telling that your reaction to it isn't a simple admission of this reality but rather you have doubled down on vitriol and spin.

Reaction Score
Why do you hate UConn so much? Sorry the evidence continues to accumulate that Edsall did a good job here - it's telling that your reaction to it isn't a simple admission of this reality but rather you have doubled down on vitriol and spin.

What do you expect from a guy that predicted 2 wins for us in 2010, and because we ended up in the Fiesta Bowl he has decided to completely discount all of our BE wins from that year. By Nelson's math we've actually improved under Pasqualoni.

Reaction Score
What do you expect from a guy that predicted 2 wins for us in 2010, and because we ended up in the Fiesta Bowl he has decided to completely discount all of our BE wins from that year. By Nelson's math we've actually improved under Pasqualoni.

Did he really predict 2 wins in 2010?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Please provide a link where, after getting shut out by Louisville, you predicted UConn would go to the Fiesta Bowl.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Please provide a link where, after getting shut out by Louisville, you predicted UConn would go to the Fiesta Bowl.

I did not. I did mock 2-10.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Actually it was after the Louisville loss. I underestimated just how bad the Big East was that year.

Good to see people are still bragging about that season as evidence of St. Randy's brilliance.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=322590120

You shouldn't show your hand with 'St. Randy'. It makes your intent too clear.

I can't wait until you blame the Big East TV money on Pitt and ND.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

On the Boneyard the Edsall haters have two links: Temple beat UConn in 2010 because Todman didn't hold onto the ball and the UConn defense beat Maryland in 2012 because the clock ran out.

Credit to Waylon that at least he is being honest - Edsall sucks blah blah blah. The king of pumping up the Big East has to bash it to denigrate Edsall. At least he isn't arguing both sides for a change.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
On the Boneyard the Edsall haters have two links: Temple beat UConn in 2010 because Todman didn't hold onto the ball and the UConn defense beat Maryland in 2012 because the clock ran out.

Credit to Waylon that at least he is being honest - Edsall sucks blah blah blah. The king of pumping up the Big East has to bash it to denigrate Edsall. At least he isn't arguing both sides for a change.

Scoreboard.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Scoreboard.

I'm a UConn fan - unlike you who is a Big East fan but even an idiot like you knows that 'scoreboard' is easily argued with 'standings'

Shouldn't you be impressed that Maryland beat your beloved Owls.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I'm a UConn fan - unlike you who is a Big East fan but even an idiot like you knows that 'scoreboard' is easily argued with 'standings'

Shouldn't you be impressed that Maryland beat your beloved Owls.

Maryland's best win is considered a disastrous loss for UConn by you. Par for the course with your logic.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maryland's best win is considered a disastrous loss for UConn by you. Par for the course with your logic.

There are two people on the planet who don't think Temple sucks. You and the blogger who picked Temple over UConn 35-7 before they got Harris.

Yeah Maryland sucks with their true freshman QB and their future Heisman candidate who are 4-2. Edsall sucks - the Big East sucked blah blah blah.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There are two people on the planet who don't think Temple sucks. You and the blogger who picked Temple over UConn 35-7 before they got Harris.

Yeah Maryland sucks with their true freshman QB and their future Heisman candidate who are 4-2. Edsall sucks - the Big East sucked blah blah blah.

Isn't there a Maryland board you can share this with?

Reaction Score

No wins against any schools that finished in the Top 25.

One win against a team that was ranked at the time.

When was the past time we had a good QB on the roster?

But I still say Coach P is the only thing that could make me nostalgic for Edsall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom