Not that angry about today's loss | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Not that angry about today's loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are going into a game where we should be competitive talent wise this Friday. Seeing if our Offense can function indoors on a Friday night with what I presume will be a decent crowd is going to be the key. I think Cuse will score more that Temple did so again it's on the offense to keep up. This game will go a long way to telling us how the team is responding to this coaching staff. We are on the mat, will we get up?

Reaction Score
Are you o.k.? Who do you think who posts here was upset with that result? I know from the cesspool you're not a Republican, so I would think that you would get that you can't just make up facts and treat them as opinions.

I'm guessing you didn't watch the debate last night counselor. If you did, you would've known that Republicans hardly have the "making up facts" market cornered.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Anything other than a vicious attack of Pasqualoni will not be tolerated on this board.

Blaming the kicking is silly. The missed kicks mattered because he coached them into a position where the kicks matter.

The on-field product is a debacle. While some of the attacks are overboard - he has earned every bit of the distaste the fanbase has for him.

You want to waive away home losses to Temple because the team didn't completely embarrass themselves knock yourself out. Every second after the Cincinnati game this staff stays employees puts the program that much farther away from success.

Reaction Score
Blaming the kicking is silly. The missed kicks mattered because he coached them into a position where the kicks matter.

The on-field product is a debacle. While some of the attacks are overboard - he has earned every bit of the distaste the fanbase has for him.

You want to waive away home losses to Temple because the team didn't completely embarrass themselves knock yourself out. Every second after the Cincinnati game this staff stays employees puts the program that much farther away from success.
you do realize blaming the coach is as silly as blaming the kicker. They are all a unit that make up the team and offense defense and special teams and coaching all made mistakes

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
you do realize blaming the coach is as silly as blaming the kicker. They are all a unit that make up the team and offense defense and special teams and coaching all made mistakes

The coach was the one who decided to punt up 14-0 dominating the game in the first quarter when he could have ended it going for the jugular right? Then yes, I blame the coach.

Reaction Score

It's a lot easier to fire the coach than to fire all 85 players.

Reaction Score
The coach was the one who decided to punt up 14-0 dominating the game in the first quarter when he could have ended it going for the jugular right? Then yes, I blame the coach.

Key words are "COULD HAVE"...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Key words are "COULD HAVE"...

Yeah, when you don't have the guts try to beat Temple at home when there is blood in the water WHEN YOUR SEASON IS ALREADY RUINED you get what you deserve.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

This is exactly the kind of post I am talking about. Any post that is not a full throated attack of Pasqualoni is itself attacked.

Reaction Score
if that's the only mistake you saw then you view games differently than I do.

Reaction Score
Yeah, when you don't have the guts try to beat Temple at home when there is blood in the water WHEN YOUR SEASON IS ALREADY RUINED you get what you deserve.

Geez, crankier than usual... "Season is already ruined" - by who's standard?

Rhetorical - no answer required.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Geez, crankier than usual... "Season is already ruined" - by who's standard?

Rhetorical - no answer required.

You and Waylon and SRQ want to look the other way on what we have seen for 19 games knock yourselves out.

When you coach your team into a home loss against Temple up 14-0 in the first quarter there is nothing to defend - but
clearly that doesn't stop some.

Again - some of us knew immediately. Some knew after Vandy. Some after 2011 WMU. Louisville was the canary in the coal mine.

Some others finally came to grips with reality with the WMU, Buffalo and Temple games this season. It's hard to believe that anyone could possibly be blind to the situation now - but between a handful of posters here and Desmond
Conner some people need to be beat over the head with evidence. Can't wait to see who sees the light Friday night.

Reaction Score
You and Waylon and SRQ want to look the other way on what we have seen for 19 games knock yourselves out.

When you coach your team into a home loss against Temple up 14-0 in the first quarter there is nothing to defend - but

Again - some of us knew immediately. Some knew after Vandy. Some after 2011 WMU. Louisville was the canary in the coal mine.

Some others finally came to grips with reality with the WMU, Buffalo and Temple games this season. It's hard to believe that anyone could possibly be blind to the situation now - but between a handful of posters here and Desmond
Conner some people need to be beat over the head with evidence. Can't wait to see who sees the light Friday night.

Get over yourself about this already.

Congratulations. You hated P from day one and wanted him fired the day after he was hired. Can't you accept the fact that some people have the audacity to wait to see things play out instead of screaming like a lunatic from jump street? Is that so hard for you to comprehend?

Enough already.

Reaction Score

You can be such a tool when you want to be... I'm not looking the other way, but I guess the poor kicker having a career worse day, wide recievers running patterns short of the sticks, balls going through receivers hands, DB tripping over blades of grass, and an offensive line that couldn't stop or push forward the CareBears - is on all the Coach.

You can't control it, I can't control it and unless Ward and Susan are posting here - no one on this board can control it. Stop pissing on people.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Get over yourself about this already.

Congratulations. You hated P from day one and wanted him fired the day after he was hired. Can't you accept the fact that some people have the audacity to wait to see things play out instead of screaming like a lunatic from jump street? Is that so hard for you to comprehend?

Enough already.

Funny thing is it wouldn't be too hard to shut people like me up. All you have to do is win some games. Shouldn't be too hard when you get Temple and Syracuse over 6 days.

Why not just let it play out until the program bottoms out playing in front of 20k people at the end of next season. Sure they lose 75% of the important contributors on the roster and face a tougher schedule - but let's not use the clear evidence in our possession to make decisions - let's dig the hole deeper by playing it out.

Reaction Score
Funny thing is it wouldn't be too hard to shut people like me up. All you have to do is win some games. Shouldn't be too hard when you get Temple and Syracuse over 6 days.

Why not just let it play out until the program bottoms out playing in front of 20k people at the end of next season. Sure they lose 75% of the important contributors on the roster and face a tougher schedule - but let's not use the clear evidence in our possession to make decisions - let's dig the hole deeper by playing it out.

Who are you fighting with now? The only person I've heard advocate for a 3rd year for P is the giant strawman you just built.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Who are you fighting with now? The only person I've heard advocate for a 3rd year for P is the giant strawman you just built.

You have to understand that every 3 days, Whaler wants to fight (perhaps I should refer to him as Torrie Robertson, famous Whaler goon). You just happened to be in on the same thread on Day 3. Congratulations?

He's a decent enough guy on most occasions, but when he gets into his moods like this, he'll do anything to start a fight, such as calculating that someone not punting on 4th and 2 up 14 points is worse than someone or some special teams unit missing four field goals. So.....punting.....misses out on more than 12 points....

(for the record, I'm rooting for Christen to have a career-great game against Cuse)

!B5OvcjwBmk~$(KGrHqF,!isEydO5w302BMs08KJc-w~~_35.JPG

Reaction Score
You have to understand that every 3 days, Whaler wants to fight (perhaps I should refer to him as Torrie Robertson, famous Whaler goon). You just happened to be in on the same thread on Day 3. Congratulations?

He's a decent enough guy on most occasions, but when he gets into his moods like this, he'll do anything to start a fight, such as calculating that someone not punting on 4th and 2 up 14 points is worse than someone or some special teams unit missing four field goals. So.....punting.....misses out on more than 12 points....

(for the record, I'm rooting for Christen to have a career-great game against Cuse)

Got side with Whaler on this one. At the time UConn punted on fourth and one, the "rout was on". UConn had all the momentum and was threatening to run the score to 21-0. I said it at the time. I said it at halftime. I certainly said it at the end of the game . . . . that was a terrible, chicken * call on P's part. This program needs momentum and excitement . . . and you have a retread,past prime, conservative coach single handedly stifling it's chance to get on a roll.

If I could have summoned the State Police to have PP arrested at that moment - in order to stop that cowardly decision from being his to make - I'd would have done it. I really do resent that man wrecking a program that I have - we all have - "worked so hard" to help it along becoming a real big time program in the world of other big time program. P??? He blows games to Western Michigan, Temple and almost Buffalo. Pathetic, fire him today.

Reaction Score
Whaler's posts are an acquired taste. He was perhaps the biggest Edsall suckboy other than the twins and BL, but beyond that he knows what the heck he is talking about.

He was all over P early last season for his disorganization and bad clock management. It wasn't something we were accustomed to. Edsall was a pretty bad gameday coach but he wasn't so bad that he didn't know when to call a timeout, and we never EVER EVER looked so disorganized and directionless on the sideline as we do now. EVAR!

An Offensive Coordinator should not be a position coach too. Position coaches have more contact with the players than the Coordinators and the Asst. HCs. OCs and DCs coach the coaches and the players!

Good grief, I was reading the Syracuse Board this morning. And even they were remarking on how our line has gone downhill in the past couple of seasons.

Reaction Score
I actually didn't mind our play calling against Temple. It was just as much the team that couldn't finish it as it was coaching. There were a lot of mistakes all over the field. While the kicks were the most glaring mistake, there were a lot of mistakes that had they not happened would have resulted in us winning the game. What worries me most is we basically did the same thing against Buffalo (and to a degree MD), we were just lucky to run out of time before they took the lead. Temple and Buffalo are nothing special and these are the games we should be flat out dominating, and we're not.

I think some of it's on the coaches, but not finishing games also speaks of the other leadership on the team. I can't remember who the two players were that were celebrating while Temple lined up for another play right before they tied it up, but that's indicative of the player's attitude on the field. So you got a sack, big whoop when Temple still has time and downs to score.

Reaction Score
I actually didn't mind our play calling against Temple. It was just as much the team that couldn't finish it as it was coaching. There were a lot of mistakes all over the field. While the kicks were the most glaring mistake, there were a lot of mistakes that had they not happened would have resulted in us winning the game. What worries me most is we basically did the same thing against Buffalo (and to a degree MD), we were just lucky to run out of time before they took the lead. Temple and Buffalo are nothing special and these are the games we should be flat out dominating, and we're not.

I think some of it's on the coaches, but not finishing games also speaks of the other leadership on the team. I can't remember who the two players were that were celebrating while Temple lined up for another play right before they tied it up, but that's indicative of the player's attitude on the field. So you got a sack, big whoop when Temple still has time and downs to score.

The play calling in the first quarter was good. It looked like we had things scripted. Problem is that the plan beyond that phase wasn't any good. And you are right, we did the same thing against Buffalo..

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I'd prefer Ed Kastelic or Dave Semenko. You are wrong I'm an balloon knot - I'm self aware unlike so many here.

The punt thing is simple. Punting was 100x worse than missing kicks. If the team were not run by fools the kicks would never have mattered. It is not a coincidence that Temple swung the momentum immediately after that decision.

Kids miss punts and drop passes. That will never change. When you are 3-3, have turned off your fanbase, bore the living out of everyone and have a chance to knock a mediocre team like Temple out in the first quarter without even taking a risk - you have try to do it. The decision was beyond inexcusable, and trust me this was my opinion at the time.

Reaction Score
I'd prefer Ed Kastelic or Dave Semenko. You are wrong I'm an ******* - I'm self aware unlike so many here.

The punt thing is simple. Punting was 100x worse than missing kicks. If the team were not run by fools the kicks would never have mattered. It is not a coincidence that Temple swung the momentum immediately after that decision.

Kids miss punts and drop passes. That will never change. When you are 3-3, have turned off your fanbase, bore the living **** out of everyone and have a chance to knock a mediocre team like Temple out in the first quarter without even taking a risk - you have try to do it. The decision was beyond inexcusable, and trust me this was my opinion at the time.

I know I'm an balloon knot too, I've got no issue with admitting that.

I was also screaming to go for it on the 4th down. We were on their side of the field. It was a short distance, the risk/reward in that situation is in our favor. We have a terrible offense, we need to maximize the opportunities and give it as many chances for success as possible. We have a damned good defense. We can give the opposition the ball at their own 40 and feel confident the defense will get off the field without points scored.

Our defense doesn't need 20-25 yards in that situation to get their job done. Our offense needs to be on the field running as many plays as they can. Punting in that situation was a chicken call, and it set the tone for the rest of the "play not to lose" style that cost us the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom